Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Exactly. If Togashi does a time skip that has a purpose then I will be happy with one.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Exactly. If Togashi does a time skip that has a purpose then I will be happy with one.
Though I'll still be sad in a nostalgic sense.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Though I'll still be sad in a nostalgic sense.
Yeah. I guess it depends upon how it's handled. If we just skip forward and suffer through the painful 'reintroductions' of the characters, than it would suck.
If he skips forward say a year, the character designs don't change dramatically and we get the plot progressed off panel to the point where Beyond is ready to attempt to enter the Outside and everyone is ready to combat him. That would cut out the unnecessary in between time that really won't be that interesting and get us straight to what we want to see. That is something I'd both appreciate and enjoy, because it'd have a purpose. The purpose being to pass over the uninteresting bits and get to the point (something Togashi has done before in the past, most notably the final phase of the Hunter Exam). We will see what happens.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Worst part about this hiatus is that you don't know when it's coming back. It just makes the waiting so much slower. It's only been a month, but it feel like a year.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow... it feels like it's been forever since the last manga chapter lol. Hopefully Togashi returns in a few months. Well in the meantime at least we got the anime to watch.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I originally said two months, I'll stick with my original prediction. Just one more to go.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I just finally got myself cured from "HxH manga withdrawal" .The last thing I want is to be reminded again...
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just finally got myself cured from "HxH manga withdrawal" .The last thing I want is to be reminded again...
Then comming here wasn't your best choice mate.

as far as timeskips, I'm not really a fan of em unless they are nessesary. I really wasn't that happy when I initally learned OP was gonna get a time skip, but it acctually turned out for the better sofar. as future said, bleach's as of now was sort of pointless.

togashi being togashi, I can easliy see him making the timeskip nessesary, but I personally liked the fact that Gon was a kid traveling in a big world. I remember way back when I was a kid that I would always say "adults and teens get all the fun, saving the world and fighting off real threats *none of that spykids BS* let us kids have some action too!" So Gon and in a odd way Killua sort of live out that old ambition of mine, and seeing them grown would kill it.

as long as its nessesary (and dosn't do a drastic change on us) I'll be fine XD

I'm also really hoping its only another month before its back. I just got off my withdrawl too, but while I'm enjoying the new anime, everynow and then, its like a pendulum blade of doom waiting to strike the rope of disaster if togashi went on a break so long, the new anime would be close to catching up. maybe I'm being too paranoid about it but thats just me.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then comming here wasn't your best choice mate.

as far as timeskips, I'm not really a fan of em unless they are nessesary. I really wasn't that happy when I initally learned OP was gonna get a time skip, but it acctually turned out for the better sofar. as future said, bleach's as of now was sort of pointless.

togashi being togashi, I can easliy see him making the timeskip nessesary, but I personally liked the fact that Gon was a kid traveling in a big world. I remember way back when I was a kid that I would always say "adults and teens get all the fun, saving the world and fighting off real threats *none of that spykids BS* let us kids have some action too!" So Gon and in a odd way Killua sort of live out that old ambition of mine, and seeing them grown would kill it.

as long as its nessesary (and dosn't do a drastic change on us) I'll be fine XD

I'm also really hoping its only another month before its back. I just got off my withdrawl too, but while I'm enjoying the new anime, everynow and then, its like a pendulum blade of doom waiting to strike the rope of disaster if togashi went on a break so long, the new anime would be close to catching up. maybe I'm being too paranoid about it but thats just me.
Well the anime won't catch up to where we now until at least some time in 2014. So, I don't think that will be much of a problem, but I still want to know where the manga goes from here. It is still a bit open ended about what the next arc will be. We know that the zodiac 12(or 10 now) is going to be after the netero's son, but that doesn't really say much. I also wonder what Gon's role in this will be in this will be? Is there going to be dual story going on, one where Kurapika is the focus, and another where Gon is? Will be reunited? Will Leorio ever stop procrastinating on medical school? Will the four ever be reunited with one another before the century is out?
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of Leorio. I hope we get see him fight someday....
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Leorio isn't a fighter, to be honest I don't want to see him fight. I want to see him accomplish his dream, which has nothing to do with combat.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with futurefrog mostly, its just going to be a long road, and I hope we actually get to see some of it. Like what school is he accepted to? What is being a doctor like in the Hunter x Hunter world? etc.

Though I would love to see his nen further developed badly. Maybe he can use his nen for being a Doctor? That'd be awesome to me. I mostly just want more development for his character even though I know he's a side character.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I agree with futurefrog mostly, its just going to be a long road, and I hope we actually get to see some of it. Like what school is he accepted to? What is being a doctor like in the Hunter x Hunter world? etc.

Though I would love to see his nen further developed badly. Maybe he can use his nen for being a Doctor? That'd be awesome to me. I mostly just want more development for his character even though I know he's a side character.
I was thinking about his ability, from what we have seen it spawned a nen fist. Perhaps he is capable of spawning more hands in medical aid? Perhaps something not unlike Nico Robin's ability in One Piece. Any one else thing he can use this ability for more than long distance punching?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Leorio will only become a doctor after a time skip since it would take years of schooling.

Anywho Leorio's ability is perfect for him.

He can do surgery with his emission hands while doing a through examination on all the hot nurses with his own hands. At the same time.

Now that's multitasking!
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I like to think that Leorio will play a major part in whatever the final arc may be. I imagine some moment in which he saves Gon or maybe Kurapika with his medical expertise he has learned. I would prefer Kurapika though.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There will have to be a time skip though for Leorio to be a doctor.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:p you trollin'? If we don't get more Leorio being awesome, I'll honestly rage. Note I thought Leorio driving the car down stairs in the 1999 anime "awesome" or Leorio tricking the Spiders into thinking he's yelling over the phone awesome.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:p you trollin'? If we don't get more Leorio being awesome, I'll honestly rage. Note I thought Leorio driving the car down stairs in the 1999 anime "awesome" or Leorio tricking the Spiders into thinking he's yelling over the phone awesome.
Whatgave it away? The Leorio avatar or the Leorio signature?

Leorio should be in the next arc, would be a shame for him to go off to "study"(Like he really is doing any of that) once again. Sure he can become a doctor in the end, it doesn't mean he can't go off adventuring every now and again. It also seems that he regrets not helping Gon, so there is a perfect excuse for him to join up again.
 
Last edited:
Top