Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I knew you would wait to come back til when the anime was getting close to catching up! Togashi you dog. Luckily your series is awesome so I'm just happy that Hunter X Hunter is returning!
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I wouldn't be excited just yet considering his history with long hiatus's. Does anyone think he will go back to chimera ants and magical creatures? or no? Personally,
I did not like the chimera arc, so I hope not. I'd rather it's just Gon improving his Nen or shifting to time-skip.

Off-topic: By the way, does anyone know when the second HxH movie will be out online?
 

Slaythe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I assure you the bad times of the manga is behind it.

The chimera ant was one giant depression. The end of it was fairly good though, despite a seemingly horrid ending, it actually turned out very "HxH", the follow up with Alluka and Kirua was also amazing. I'd say it's back on track.

Also I don't know if you guys buy the tomes or read it online (I myself stopped buying them during the chimera ant arc as i hated it in the manga in the beginning and the releases were so random), but he redrew a lot of things for the tomes, the original scans were the quality of a 3 years old. That is also one of the reason he takes so much hiatuses (that and the fact that he is a bit lazy, not that we can blame him, as japanese production is inhumane, in the end he's the only normal mangaka that refuses that horrible schedule and doesn't get cancelled ah ah).

Also, the manga comes back just as Naruto ends. With the "new world arc", it's possible Jump helps getting it pretty popular again. Maybe a time skip is planned or something (i wouldn't like that but who knows). It will either end the manga or set it back up for several arcs, but letting newcomers jump in easily.
 

Naruto2011

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
1,725
Reaction score
706
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Yessssssssssssssss!!!! An awesome way to kick start the summer!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

Maybe since Naruto is ending soon JUMP will ask Togashi if he can step in and become a "regular" without all the hiatus'. This is honestly my fav written shoenen and believe it's the top tier in its class. I'm extremely excited now!
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I
Off-topic: By the way, does anyone know when the second HxH movie will be out online?
It's put when it's out, usually six months after the theatralic release. Check anidb for more information.
 

lasso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2011
Messages
90
Reaction score
47
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Finally!!

I hope we see more of Leorio-Kurapika combo in the upcoming arc.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Great it I coming back, especially since Naruto and bleach are ending. I caught up with HXH in December so I guess I caught up in time
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Finally!!

I hope we see more of Leorio-Kurapika combo in the upcoming arc.
yes i will be upset if we dont.... kurapika is my favorite character and we havent seen him in ages

of course he did basically get his own entire arc, so i cant complain too much
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I'd love to know more about Bushidora and Teradain's companion. But since he seemed to be fodder anf his partners were killed by Hiso there's no big chance of hearing from him again. :(
 

Kid Chameleone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
617
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

im praying hes finished some chapters early... at least 50 chapters ahead just so we can avoid this type of bullshit again
 

WillFlame

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
Eyrie
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

No more Hiatus ! Thanks a lot for this information.
Finally we will wait for one month only
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

So happy for the news!
I do wonder how many chapters Togashi-sensei will give though...
 

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Does he HAVE to do a certain amount with Shonen? Like contract wise? Or is that not how it works? Pardon my ignorance on the subject I'm just really curious. I would imagine there would be a ton of drama if he took a hiatus after 5 chapters haha
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Does he HAVE to do a certain amount with Shonen? Like contract wise? Or is that not how it works? Pardon my ignorance on the subject I'm just really curious. I would imagine there would be a ton of drama if he took a hiatus after 5 chapters haha
His contract probably stipulates how many chapters he owes, and how long he has to submit them. Compared to other mangaka he must have more time to submit fewer chapters. From what I understand he is working during the hiatus, on his time, at his own pace, and takes time during serialization. I can't confirm that is true, but it makes more sense. Submitting weekly manga is hard, stressful work. It makes more sense to work at his own pace during breaks, rather than periodically submiting himself to the weekly grind. Five chapters, then hiatus, might be a little extreme. He has serialized ten chapters at a time before. Ten chapters would be released in the fall, then it would go on break until the spring, when ten more chapters came out.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

When is the exact date that the new chapter will come out? Also, does anyone have the most recent interview or something? thanks.
 

magickirua

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
83
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

Someone said May 27 or 28 on internet.
 

Kid Chameleone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
617
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

One month... Let the count down begin.... Someone should make a countdown on the main page, it would only be appropriate lol

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

im actually really excited. with the introduction of the ants its shows that there are more powerful beings in the dark continent that they must prepare for, so we'll most likely see a huge power spike from a bunch of characters. there are probably some humans there too who are 10X stronger than the average ones. i cannot wait!!
 

Boagrious

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
978
Reaction score
431
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

A good story is never forgotten, heck, I'm enjoying the crap outta the anime right now, soooo suspenseful. In a way, I'm glad.
 

Lutv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
341
Reaction score
524
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Top