Discussion - Hiatus X Hiatus | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

nyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm very disappointed with Togashi. He never minded taking years of hiatus so I'm almost sure this one will also be a very long one.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm very disappointed with Togashi. He never minded taking years of hiatus so I'm almost sure this one will also be a very long one.
HxH is currently on hiatus because of Togashi's health issues (presumably back surgery)... Has anyone ever blamed Hoshino for her health issues ?

Buggy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Andorra
HxH is currently on hiatus because of Togashi's health issues (presumably back surgery)... Has anyone ever blamed Hoshino for her health issues ?
No idea who Hoshino is and don't care.

Restarting after years of hiatus just to go on hiatus AGAIN is a dirtbag move.

He is disrespecting his fans which is one thing that should not be forgiven.

Just retire and let some young mangaka with decency and drive continue the work.

BurnSchulz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well i can be friends with the idea of Togashi doing the story and supervision when someone else is doing the drawings - in togashis art style of course.
And i guess its not too much of a job if togashi does the scribbles what the other illustrator would redo in a much better quality.
I always wondered why other mangakas can have an assitance team with several other illustrators but togashi didnt. For once and for the sake of the fans and the popularity of this series, they can make it that way, couldnt they?

Captain Sicarius

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hunter x Hunter, Vagabond and Berserk...

Why the stuff I like the most hiatus all the time? sigh...

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States

Plenty of times. She got a lot of flack for the random hiatuses, also because of her personal secrecy.

On one hand, I too feel unsatisfied with how some authors/mangaka treat their work and their fans, but I also realize that it's their work and I'm just a fan.

Agallion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
a this point I would be pretty OK if he just wrote out a script for the rest of the manga and let someone else draw it.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
a this point I would be pretty OK if he just wrote out a script for the rest of the manga and let someone else draw it.
That would be a very bad move. The series won't be the same, and HxH would lose readers. (and buyers)
Luckily enough, that is never going to happen.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Do you think Togashi will return after Naruto's end?

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Do you think Togashi will return after Naruto's end?
Yes. Probably rather soonish than lateish after Naruto's ending. Hey, maybe even before it ends. (That's just me being optimistic)

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes. Probably rather soonish than lateish after Naruto's ending. Hey, maybe even before it ends. (That's just me being optimistic)
What gives you the idea that it's related to Naruto ending though? If the WSJ Department could force Togashi to write, they would have done so long ago. He will return when he thinks he's ready, no matter what series end or if the magazine is in need of a good adventure series.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
What gives you the idea that it's related to Naruto ending though? If the WSJ Department could force Togashi to write, they would have done so long ago. He will return when he thinks he's ready, no matter what series end or if the magazine is in need of a good adventure series.
Based on his back illness, the medium revecory time would be around that.
Plus, if a Jump flagship leaves the magazine, they'd better replace it, dontcha think?
I just want to be optimistic, I just want to believe :crying

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Based on his back illness, the medium revecory time would be around that.
Plus, if a Jump flagship leaves the magazine, they'd better replace it, dontcha think?
I just want to be optimistic, I just want to believe :crying
Well ofc I want to believe too, but let's face it. Even if he recovers around that time and even if he is asked to return, he won't do it if he doesn't feel ready. He might as well go "God that back pain only after a few weeks of writing, I'm getting old! Better recover some more". Or other plans he made with his family or whatever, Naruto ending won't influence his decision in any way. Would be great if he returns around that time, but I don't want too expect too much :(

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
I'm not expecting anything anymore..

If would be nice if he came back, really.. HxH is my favorite series but I'm sticking to the anime ending and not going to the manga until he's back.

I was very optimistic at first but now, not so much unfortunately :/

DZdinil

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Israel
dragon quest togashi

togashi has been playing this game for years.
how is that possible that he still hasnt finished it?
when he finally finishes the game,do you thing that he will finally start to write the manga?

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: dragon quest togashi

togashi has been playing this game for years.
how is that possible that he still hasnt finished it?
when he finally finishes the game,do you thing that he will finally start to write the manga?
Do you honestly think that there is some mysterious "game" that he's been playing all these years? I mean, come on. No RPG is that long. Whatever the reason is, we'll likely never know. But i seriously doubt he's been stuck on a dungeon in Final Fantasy VII for...how long is it now?

DZdinil

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Re: dragon quest togashi

Do you honestly think that there is some mysterious "game" that he's been playing all these years? I mean, come on. No RPG is that long. Whatever the reason is, we'll likely never know. But i seriously doubt he's been stuck on a dungeon in Final Fantasy VII for...how long is it now?
so whats the reason