Discussion - How does Lucci compare to the Shichibukai, Yonkou or higher level Marines? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How does Lucci compare to the Shichibukai, Yonkou or higher level Marines?

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Well we know that Rob Lucci is the most powerful CP9 member, which is the most powerful CP9 in history. However, how does he compare to say Aokiji, Shanks or Mihawk? Considering how Luffy got owned against Aokiji, do you think Lucci stands a chance against any of the more powerful figures in the OP world?

Also its been stated that Lucci can survive a buster call. If thats the case, then the Buster call won't even scratch White beard's crew, seeing how his crew has at least 8+ members at Lucci's level. Its funny, seeing how the Buster call is the ultimate weapon the WG has, and it doesn't really amount to much against formidable opponents, does it?

What does everyone think?

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
what :rofl
8 guys on Lucci's level
where you get that, listen Lucci may not be the strongest but lets says he is definitely shichibukai level.
I don't need to explain that, its common sense

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
White beard's crew has 15 divisions, I'm pretty sure only a very powerful pirate can be a division commander ;) (eg, Ace and Marco)

Whitebeard himself is definitely way above Lucci's level.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
well whitebeard being stronger than Lucci is a given
and where did it say White beard has 15 divisions?
and yeah maybe 2 but over that i doubt WhiteBeard has nakama of Lucci's level
Lucci however has my vote that he could beat Blackbeard
I mean he basicaly is too fast and is a close combat fighter
even if Blackbeard took away his df powers I doubt Blackbeard could break Luccis tekkai

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
In One Piece Yellow it has been revealed that the crew has 1600 members.
The Whitebeard Pirates are divided into 16 divisions that are then led by a high ranking Whitebeard subordinate. This pirate crew includes Portgas D. Ace, the Second Division Commander. Blackbeard was formerly a member of this crew in the 2nd Division but left to form his own crew after killing 4th Division Commander Sacchi.
I'm wrong about the 15 divisions =P

Its 16 not 15..haha ><

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
is there a scan of yellow already?

king_crimson-

Reaction score
Country
Italy
uhm, lucci doesn't fight with a seastone weapon...taking this into consideration i would say that he's weaker than the yonkos, weaker than aokiji, and weaker than mihawk and ener..and most likely weaker than garp and sengoku too...of course weaker than ace and bleackbeard too(actually, i think that bleackbeard is the strongest of all right now, his power is just too great, speed, endurance, strength, it's all useless if you're sucked in the darkness and crushed...and you can't escape from the gravity of a black hole..)

as for the shichibukai we've seen until now, it's only a matter of knowing their powers and weaknesses...for example, if lucci were to fight crocodile, without knowing about his weakness(water), i would say that he has absolutely no chance of winning...on the other hand, if he do know, than i think he would crush crocodile without much problems...

as for the others, we haven't seen either moria or kuma or doflamingo fight, so i dunno how lucci compare to them...

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would put Lucci at Shichibukai level, although the WG seemed to be more shocked about him losing a fight than Crocodile, so either Crocodile was considered a weaker Shichibukai or Lucci is a notch above Shichibukai. Think about it, as a CP9, he's expected to be able to do more and get more done, as well as be flawless. Shichibukai are not given such expectations, so maybe in the WG's eyes, Lucci is stronger, but in reality, he may be equal.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would put Lucci at Shichibukai level, although the WG seemed to be more shocked about him losing a fight than Crocodile, so either Crocodile was considered a weaker Shichibukai or Lucci is a notch above Shichibukai. Think about it, as a CP9, he's expected to be able to do more and get more done, as well as be flawless. Shichibukai are not given such expectations, so maybe in the WG's eyes, Lucci is stronger, but in reality, he may be equal.
I don't think it's that the World Government thinks that Lucci is actually stronger then the Shichibukai, just that they can get more use out of him because he is their soldier, not their ally, like the Shichibukai are. Lucci takes orders, the Shichibukai pretend to and actually only do what suits them. The World Government didn't even expect most of them to attend the meeting at Marijois. So it's not that he's stronger, just more useful. I'd say that Lucci's a little less then equal to the Shichibukai. Because if he were equal, Moria would have been a bit more phased at Kuma's mentioning Lucci's defeat. But it's a hair's difference, any fight between them would be EXTREMELY close, close enough for the tide to be turned by a clever bit of strategy on the part of either party. It's an only barely significant gap, is what I mean. And I don't mean Crocodile-level Shichibukai. Crocodile had a very low bounty, for a Shichibukai, I don't think he was as strong as the others. He's probably the most recent one, and thus, the World Government let him join because he'd done something very great, like how they let Blackbeard join. Maybe because he raided a small Marine base, or something, and demanded entry to the Shichibukai, or they asked him instead of raising his bounty.

hollowfied

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I have a feeling that Crocodile has been Shichibukai for sometime, seeing how he needed quite some time to build up the Baroque Works, and his own reputation as a hero in Alabasta.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
it doesnt mean that he was not the most recent one..

Last edited:

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe the WG just thought more of Lucci because they knew his history, you know, the "I was 13 and killed over 500 strong fighters" thing. It's not like they can know a lot about the Shichibukai's pasts of power.

king_crimson-

Reaction score
Country
Italy
i don't understand why people consider crocodile weak just because he had a low bounty...first, didn't oda said in an sbs that if he wasn't a shichibukai, his bounty would have been at least doubled?...second, if you fight against him without knowing his power, unless you somehow know how to deal with a logia fruit user, you wouldn't stand a chance at all...

take lucci, if he were to fight crocodile without knowing about crocodile's power, he would be completely owned...

even moria even with oz, would stand no chance against crocodile if he doesn't know about crocodile's power(and weakness..)...

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I don't think Lucci would lose to Crocodile immideately. Against Luffy, he showed to already be extremely intelligent, and with his speed and whatnot, he could avade attacks until he figures things out and coats his body in blood or something.

And Moria may not be able to beat Crocodile, but I dunno. It's not like he doesn't have access to plenty of things on TB that could harden sand.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rob Lucci is the most powerful member in all of CP9's history, which is probably a few centuries to say the least. Being as that is the case, then it means that Lucci is the World Government's strongest fighter outside of people like Aokiji and Mihawk. His defeat is the major reason as to why Luffy had his bounty tripled like how it was roughly tripled after Luffy defeated Crocodile.

Luffy barely bested Lucci, and that says a lot about the man's physical prowess considering Luffy is a monster in terms of strength. Likewise, the power progression in One Piece is pretty standard and hasn't really deviated from anything you'll see in other shounen series. Lucci would definately be far more powerful than someone like Crocodile provided he has a means to counter Croc's ability to avoid damage by turning into sand.

CP9's most powerful member throughout its history certainly possesses the qualifications of what would place him on the same level as the remaining Shichibukai easily.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, we can see more leveling with government agents than with the Shichibukai. They aren't ranked, given power levels, or anything, whereas with people like Lucci, we have where they stand in the CP9, their power level, how long they've been their, their past attacks, their comparison to other agents, so on and so forth.

retsudo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Not very "on-topic" but wouldn't Lucci have been stronger if he didn't have df but fought with seastone gloves or something? with his rokushiki and being able to negate df, he would be able to handle just about anyone, especially df users.

Freakzin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
kinda off topic also,
smoker uses a kairoseki sword and he has DF ability, i bet lucci could use kairoseki gloves, if it had somewhat leather, between the actual kairoseki and his hands

retsudo

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
kinda off topic also,
smoker uses a kairoseki sword and he has DF ability, i bet lucci could use kairoseki gloves, if it had somewhat leather, between the actual kairoseki and his hands
the kairoseki (so that's what it's called...) is only on the tip I think...otherwise that's kinda cheapening the whole thing. By placing a piece of clothe around it, anybody can use it.
anyway, to get back on topic, I believe Lucci would be on Shichibukai level. He's like a super secret happy fun shichibukai.

Last edited:

Timeless

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'd definitely place Lucci at Shichibukai level - but I wouldn't even consider placing him on any level near the Yonkou. I reckon both Shanks and Whitebeard have quite a few nakama that could beat him as well - and the stronger Shichibukai like Mihawk (possibly others, but we don't know much about each Shichibukai's strength and powers) are probably far beyond Lucci's level of power.

I'd say Blackbeard is stronger than Lucci also. Seriously, I doubt Lucci's tekkai could do anything against Blackbeard's insane physical strength. He almost killed Ace with two hits! Lucci's speed won't mean anything either, because of Blackbeard's powers.
Also, since the admirals are bound to be the strongest fighters of WG, I doubt Lucci could take them on.