Considering that the pace of the anime for each episode is going from 2 manga chapters to 1and a half manga chapters,it will be a while...
I think probably next year.
Though it may seem like a long time it's actually not too bad.
Besides there's a LOT of good stuff inbetween.
I'm actually really excited for Greed Island. I use to hate the arc because I thought it was boring card games and training.
But Togashi does a good job of making it work out.
Yea, I really adore 1999's adaptation of Yorknew, but I always found the way Greed Island OVA's were done left a bad taste in my mouth. I am super hyped to see Greed Island and Yorknew in glorious HD etc. I'm expecting the new series to change how I think of the Greed Island arc which was one of my least favorites before.
Greed Island and Chimera Ants are my favourites because they are just so very different in tone to the rest of the manga. I love Greed Island as it marks a massive turning point for Gon and Killua's friendship and character development, also Genthru is my favourite villain in HxH alongside Meryem. Chimera Ants was a long and impressively built arc and had the most emotionally satisfying conclusion to any story arc in the series. I can hardly wait for the anime to get to those amazing arcs.
Why the hurry? We have plenty good arcs from this point onward. To be honest, Hunter Exam is the least favorite of mine and just now with Nen things gets incredible better. <3
It used to be the Chimera Ants arc, but for some reason right now what I want to see the most is the Greed Island arc. But I agree with Uriel in that we should enjoy the pace that the anime is going at right. The last thing we want is for it to overtake the manga.