Question - How Strong is Igneel? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How Strong is Igneel?

jimtors

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Can someone enlighten me about my question? How Strong is Igneel? He doesn't look that fire type of a dragon to me but atlas looks like a good fire dragon but how come he is weaker than Igneel?

Taorero

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe he's the first fire dragon, and if he tried to stop Acnologia... he's pretty damn strong xD

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Every Dragon we've seen so far adressed him respectfully. Especially Atlas.
As for me it seems that he should be among the strongest if not the strongest among Draghons (if we don't count Acknologia).

Mohsen

Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
Well he besides Acnologia holds the title of a King. He is descibed as the "One And Only Igneel". His power is said to be able to burn all evil.So yeah he is a top dog under the Dragons.

sarutobi_sensei

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Considering that he's still alive after not being able to destroy Zeref's END Magic 400 years ago, and that Natsu is currently the strongest DS, I'd say that he's only beneath Acnologia.

sameel

Reaction score
Country
India
Shouldnt there be a dragon king that is stronger than all of them?

nitsthegame

Reaction score
Country
India
Shouldnt there be a dragon king that is stronger than all of them?
Mashima has kept the dragon world a mystery, lets wait for it to be revealed :)

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
the way his legacy and lore are developing i would say hes the strongest or close to the strongest short of acknoligia (i never spell that right)

atlas certainly respects him highly

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Mashima has kept the dragon world a mystery, lets wait for it to be revealed :)
absolutely, he is going to hit us with a dragon arc and its going to be epic

Duniak

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Igneel is the king of fire dragons. His fire is the strongest, blah blah. He's respected by all, feared by many. He's one of the strongest dragons, that's for sure. Acnologia isn't exactly a dragon, so I wouldn't say Igneel can't be the strongest. DSs can somehow assimilate other elements (Iron Shadow, Fire Lightning), so they're hax from the start.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is obviously weaker then E.N.D--which probably means that Igneel is weaker than Zeref who created E.N.D.
I think Zeref became obsessed with dragons and tried to created his own but instead he created demonic monsters.

mirajaneleena

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
igneel is the strongest fire dragon among the fire dragons.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
igneel is the strongest fire dragon among the fire dragons.
Yes, but I think he is one of the top overall dragons since he seemed to have led a lot of dragons. I think he was originally the strongest dragon until acnologia came.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
^ Where was it shown that he led dragons?

sexylove

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Igneel is the second strongest dragon after Acnologia but I believe he can defeat Acnologia even though he's not as strong as Acnologia because he has the will to fight.

Greasybuttsex

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone enlighten me about my question? How Strong is Igneel? He doesn't look that fire type of a dragon to me but atlas looks like a good fire dragon but how come he is weaker than Igneel?
Do the words Igneel King of the Fire Dragons sound weak to you? Dude looks like the most classic obvious Fire dragon to me, Always shown in magma/volcanic lands sleeping in volcanoes. red and white in color.

Yes atlas is an obvious fire dragon because his entire body is covered in flames but thats just him, most fire dragons won't have a body as firey as atlas flame but thats because his fire always burns forever.

Igneel is probably the 2nd strongest character in the fairy tail zeref/acnologia being the 1st (consider them the same since acnologia was made by zeref or was made into dragon by zeref and acnologia is pretty much his to use as he pleases)

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

^ Where was it shown that he led dragons?
Someone called King of fire dragons but you don't think he led other dragons... King = leader = led

Also theres a chapter where he speaking to other dragons says "its almost time to make our move the dragon festival is upon us."

Last edited by a moderator:

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Acnologia is the King of All Dragons, and doesn't lead a single one. Instead, slaughters them.

He was talking to himself. No human in this world came to the conclusion that he was talking to someone or ordering other Dragons.

zunairnasir

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Igneel is the King of Fire Dragons.

wooticus

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure he is the strongest dragon to exist if you don't count in Acnologia as that one is a human that became a dragon.

KungPaoChicken

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Maybe each dragon has divided up into a category based on elements, in which they have their strongest member. Igneel is the strongest fire dragon, Gajeel and Wendys might be the strongest in their element and so on. I hope Laxus meets a lightning dragon so he can learn from the original himself. :^_^

Acknologia bathing in the blood of hundreds of dragons probably gained power beyond even them, which makes sense.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Going of what we knew before Tartaros, Igneel was talked about like he was the strongest among the Dragons by other Dragons, minus a few who considered Acnologia a dragon.
After Tartaros, we can assume that seeing Igneel was able to match Acnologia with only what little power he had left in a half-dead state, Igneel would probably be much stronger than Acnologia when fully alive and with his power back to him, but we know he was in a half-dead state because of Acnologia absorbing his soul while being a Dragon Slayer.