Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnyFreeName

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Well in all honesty, he did repatch the bad art in the volume releases so if you have those you should be fine. Also, the art gets better from the next arc onwards but like I said be sure to get the volume releases and not the weekly SJ releases.
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Oh, Volume releases I don't know.
In WSJ releases though, sometimes I had NO idea of what he was drawing.
 

tenebrae

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
85
Reaction score
12
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

thanks for the advice i read the volume releases. I am now caught up to date though and the art in the volume wasnt too bad there were some spots where it was a little sketchy but compared to a few chapters i read before i started reading the volume ones it was amazing lol. So has it been anounced when the hiatus will be over?
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

thanks for the advice i read the volume releases. I am now caught up to date though and the art in the volume wasnt too bad there were some spots where it was a little sketchy but compared to a few chapters i read before i started reading the volume ones it was amazing lol. So has it been anounced when the hiatus will be over?
nope. there's always rumors coming up every month or so, but we still have no idea.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I posted this in every other HXH thread I can think of, plus the general Jump thread in the Otaku Cafe part of MH because it has to do with manga being added to the magazine, so I might as well post it here too...



To be clear, that's V27 comes out 12/25 and re-serialization starts 1/4 in Jump combined issue 5-6 2010. So the predicted date from the publisher printer guy was right, it would seem.
This image is one showing up around 2ch now in... a bunch of places. It's real and all.
 
Last edited:

CopyNinjaKakashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Thanks for the update kewl! That makes my day and week!! Only two more months until we get some sweet HxH action.
 

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Ehi, Jan 4 is my birthday! ...Thank you for the present, damn Yoshihiro.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm happy that Hunter is returning. But, I'm not going to be surprise if it goes hiatus again within ten weeks.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I guess Togashi is finally finished with Dragon Quest IX, then?

Awesome. I can't wait to read the new chapters.
 

Astral_Shive

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
120
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

YEAAAAh !!!!
I waited 1 year for action to continue :D!!!!
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Wow! Nice! Now let's hope is not going to last 10 weeks... (Jump contracts last one year so...)
 

tenebrae

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
85
Reaction score
12
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

sweet i hope it lasts a while once it comes back.
 

RaiseHell

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Barbados
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

nice ill be looking forward to the new chapters, hopefully Yoshihiro won't go on hiatus again and continue this awesome manga.
 

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

i can't believe it's back T T it isn't a trick or a joke from Jump!, is it? xD so...where were we?--' xD just remembered where:
Knuckle undid the pot to save Morau, so... they are like in the start but with all the hunters weakened...
I think the old man was fighting vs the King and when the King was about to be serious at fighting.
 

pirateninjahunter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
40
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm really happy that it is returning. HxH is the best manga I read.

I like it so much. The most intelligent battles are from HxH. I like the HxH universe too, for me it is even better than the OP universe. I also like the fact that focus is not maintened over Gon all the time. We frequently see what other characters are doing, like Kurapica, the silvas, etc.

I like hisoka the most! IMO he would be able to defeat one of the guardian ants. He should appear in this arc soon. He loves a good fight against a strong opponent, he would love to fight the guardians!!!
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Well that's not exactly "where they are". This arc at least is more about the psychological machinations of the ants rather than fighting. Like how Yuupi grew so he didn't kill Knuckle and Morau and Meleoron when he could have because he gained respect for them. The last chapter talked about how their previously simple perspective, "do what's best for the king" was getting skewed and they "were scared of that". I don't think Togashi's going to change things so everyone gets beaten in a conventional way.
 

Ecker

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Wow! Can't believe it! *-*

I love this manga, god damn. It's the only Shonen that's really umpredictable. And the "psychology" of the fights is so damn perfect. He's the onlye guy that can make 10 seconds last more than 2 chapters without make you feel sick, lol.

Anyway... Wasn't he making the hiatus so he could re-draw the saga? I mean, he promissed it would be ok on the Tankoubon and it was a hell lot of chapters with horrible drawings. Maybe this is the reason it took so much time... At least I hope so.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

First of all: FUCK YEAH!!!

Second of all:

Anyway... Wasn't he making the hiatus so he could re-draw the saga? I mean, he promissed it would be ok on the Tankoubon and it was a hell lot of chapters with horrible drawings. Maybe this is the reason it took so much time... At least I hope so.
Nah, Togashi, during the latter part of Greed Island and the early parts of the Chimaera Ant Arc, had been heavily redrawing the series for the tank releases. His magazine releases were often no more than rough drafts, at times, because he kept missing his deadlines for whatever reason.

So, since The Great Hiatus of Feb'06-Oct'07, he's now only getting his chapters published whenever he finishes a full volume. In January as well, we'll only get one volume worth of chapters, before it'll go on hiatus again for an undetermined amount of time.

Still, I've learned to live with it, and the volumes that've been released like this since The Great Hiatus have been some of the greatest I've ever read, so my fanboyism hasn't been killed yet, not at all. <333
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

^You sure about that? People have been asking if it will last 10 or more chapters but without a valid answer.

Where did you read it's only going to last enough for a volume? I'm not saying is impossible, since it's very probable but I like facts.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Since coming back in October 2007 Togashi has not released more than 10 chapters at a time. I don't see any reason to believe he will suddenly do a more sustained run this time. Until I see more productivity from him I won't believe it, or even bother to contemplate it.

And he takes so much time off because he is semi - retired. Let's call it what it is :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top