Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Very nice chapter. I agree about getting to see Netero's nen, but even though this is a good fight, I hope Gon and Killua come back at least a little but next chapter.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

artwork is wonderful, on par with togashi's best so far ! and the king is tanking every move but the floor he is stepping on is breaking...

netero didn't scratched him yet, his power level is insane ! when netero will begin to take hits (yet not lethal ones, because of the deal) this will be painful to see...

no clue about upcoming chapter, feeling pain right now...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Very nice chapter. I agree about getting to see Netero's nen, but even though this is a good fight, I hope Gon and Killua come back at least a little but next chapter.
I feel like Gon and Killua will be more involved in the climax of this arc. That may not be for another five years, but what can you do. I would like to see a bit of them soon.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I feel like Gon and Killua will be more involved in the climax of this arc. That may not be for another five years, but what can you do. I would like to see a bit of them soon.
Yeah who knows, Gon might end up having to fight a weaker version of the King. No way he could take him full power. Either way, they will probably play some key role in defeating the Ants once and for all. Togashi has done very well setting this whole thing up so its real hard to guess what will happen next.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Wonder why HxH was hiatus? Togashi was busy being a father. :tem

Manga creator Yoshihiro Togashi revealed in the author's notes of his 27th Hunter X Hunter manga volume, which shipped on December 25, that he and Sailor Moon creator Naoko Takeuchi had their second baby. Togashi added, "Before we knew it, the baby is already one year old."
Source ANN
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
artwork is wonderful, on par with togashi's best so far ! and the king is tanking every move but the floor he is stepping on is breaking...

netero didn't scratched him yet, his power level is insane ! when netero will begin to take hits (yet not lethal ones, because of the deal) this will be painful to see...

no clue about upcoming chapter, feeling pain right now...
Considering the King can kill with a flick of his tale I can't imagine him getting beaten easily. Once he makes his counter attack this could get brutal. Netero won't be like his past victims, even without the deal, but I think he will get bloodied. Thank god Togashi doesn't shy away from showing a little gore :)

Yeah who knows, Gon might end up having to fight a weaker version of the King. No way he could take him full power. Either way, they will probably play some key role in defeating the Ants once and for all. Togashi has done very well setting this whole thing up so its real hard to guess what will happen next.
Gon and Killua have never relied on pure strength. They've defeated many strong opponents with intelligence and superb tactics. They will come up with a plan to either defeat or pacify the king.

It's been said many times but I'd kill for Kurapika and Leorio to reappear soon. Not this arc, but sooner or later Kuroro will be back to, the unsealing of his nen needs to be addressed at some point.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Gon and Killua have never relied on pure strength. They've defeated many strong opponents with intelligence and superb tactics. They will come up with a plan to either defeat or pacify the king.

It's been said many times but I'd kill for Kurapika and Leorio to reappear soon. Not this arc, but sooner or later Kuroro will be back to, the unsealing of his nen needs to be addressed at some point.
Killing the King seems kinda unlikely for some reason. He could become an important character later on in the possible future fight with Kuroro. That would make this whole arc more relevant to the plot.

:facepalm I had almost forgotten about Kurapika and Leorio. I especially wanna see Leorio again :D
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

The King has been humanized to much to kill. Togashi obviously has something more complicated in mind. I won't go so far as to call him a good guy, I never would have called him a bad guy as most of his evil has had more to do with animal instinct than lust for power.

The arc is already relevant to the greater plot as Gon Killua are both taking part in a major mission as Hunters, the elimination of the Chimera ants. I don't know as it will have any ties to finding Ging as past arc's have. Considering how well executed the latter parts of this arc have been, I'll take it for whatever it is.

How can you forget Kura and Leorio. Along with Kuroro they are best characters in the series!
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

How can you forget Kura and Leorio. Along with Kuroro they are best characters in the series!
Its been so long since I read any chapters lol if only I had flipped through my tanks at home maybe I would have remembered.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

lol. None of those characters have been involved since York Shin arc ended, a long time ago. If they've been back at all it's been in short cameo's (unless I'm forgetting something). Hisoka disappeared a long time ago too, but I don't like him as much. He kind of gives me the creeps >.<
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Hisoka disappeared a long time ago too, but I don't like him as much. He kind of gives me the creeps >.<
I know me 2. He has got to be one of the creepiest shonen characters ever. Definitely the creepiest I can remember. But I like it when he is in the story. I wanna see Gon beat the crap outta him lol
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,655
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

hxh is back =D

to christmas =D

netero beat the crap out of this ant!
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Ha, I love Hisoka and Kurapica. I've been waiting for their reappearance for years now... TwT

Recap:

Kurapica and Leorio, indeed, haven't appeared since York Shin, except for volume and chapter covers (and even then, rarily). Leorio should be busy with his medical education. Frankly, I doubt he'll ever return to the manga as a fighting force. He is to become a civilian. Kurapica's whereabouts, though, are unsure. I predict he'll reappear after the current arc has concluded.

The Genei Ryodan, last seen (partially) when they eliminated one of the renegade Ant generals, should still be searching for Chrollo, assuming they haven't found him yet, with their newly acquired Nen Remover, and aren't even on the same continent, so they probably won't appear any time soon.

Hisoka is unaccounted for, since Greed Island ended. Of all the important characters running about, I'd say he's the most likely to randomly pop up whilst the Chimaera Ant Arc is still ongoing. Otherwise, who knows? He might be tracking down Chrollo as well, to return him to the troupe, and request his longed-for deathmatch after Chrollo's recuperation finishes.

In all, I'd say it's very likely that the next arc, if it ever comes to be, will focus on Kurapica and the Genei Ryodan.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Does Kurapica believe his revenge has been fulfilled? I can't remember. If Chrollo's nen is unsealed, maybe he will resume his quest. It's been so long but I feel like he said something about not tracking Genei Ryodan so long as his nen seal is still in place. Could be wrong though. I totally agree that the next arc will focus on the return of Chrolla, Hisoka's quest to fight him, and Kurapica's unfinished business. Hisoka could appear earlier, as you said, interfering with the Chimera Ants. It's within his personality to be attracted to the current spectacle. And of course Gon and Killua are his prey. He may show some interest in protecting them enough that they are able to develop they're able to further develop their powers.
 

naruto91

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
388
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

10 chapters again, or can we hope to see more than 10 chapters?
 

Oni_James

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
858
Reaction score
190
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Catalonia
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Netero's abilities are full of win. I think the King will be protected by both 3 royal guards and Netero will end up defeating one or two of the 3. If we go back when the 3 were fighting diferent hunters, both of them have shown their abilities, while the king hasn't shown everything yet.
May be it's just i want Yupi to be defeated, cause Yupi has already shown everything and he's just annoying.
I hated when Knuckle was about to defeat him sealing his nen, and he deactivated potclean >.< Although it was nice to see sometimes a clear victory ends up being a tie with handicaps for the good guys.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

10 chapters again, or can we hope to see more than 10 chapters?
There's been no announcement yet. Hope for the best ;)

Netero's abilities are full of win. I think the King will be protected by both 3 royal guards and Netero will end up defeating one or two of the 3. If we go back when the 3 were fighting diferent hunters, both of them have shown their abilities, while the king hasn't shown everything yet.
May be it's just i want Yupi to be defeated, cause Yupi has already shown everything and he's just annoying.
I hated when Knuckle was about to defeat him sealing his nen, and he deactivated potclean >.< Although it was nice to see sometimes a clear victory ends up being a tie with handicaps for the good guys.
The only one of the guards I want to get involved is Pitou. He's the strongest, most interesting of the three. He's also the only one other than the king that would stand a chance against Netero. Still, I think the king would would get angry if any of them attempted to interfere. This fight is over his identity, is not a fight to the death, and his pride as king would be hurt if one of his subordinates stepped in.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Awesome Netero action, and art was top-notch Togashi. Heck, I really hope that this time HxH will go on for little longer than 10 chapters.

I also miss Leorio, Kurapica, Lucifer, and Hisoka too. Hisokas creepiness is the reason why I think he is such a brilliant character. He is certainly the most likely one to pop out still during this arc. I'm sure he is more than interested in the current spectacle.

I'm also afraid, that Leorio won't be in the battleforce anymore (have we even ever seen him actually fighting?), but considering his Nen type (Emission) and doctor education, I'm quite sure he'll appear again as 'white mage'. And I'm sure we'll at least hear about him coming a famous helper of the poor and sick.

I think, that the next arc will take place in the ruins Ging found and helped to preserve. It has been mentioned so many times, and it's the only hint about his whereabouts Gon has for now. But I wonder how Genei Ryodan and Kurapica could be tied to that arc...
 

Pavitre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
104
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

As much I would like Netero to win, I think the King will be the winner most probably.
For some reason, it seems the King can take massive amounts of hits without feeling anything, I mean he once ripped his own arm off right, didnt feel a thing there did he.
Though Netero's power was good too
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Netero could let the king win. He may want to tell him his name. That would be a great way to pacify him a bit. Still, he is dangerous. I'm not sure the hunters can just pacify the ants and leave them to their own devices.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top