Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Well too bad.

The way I see it, the King survives, has new respect for the humans, gets into conflict with his ants who wants to wipe them off the planet.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

We still have the third one who can revive the king.... if it happens that the king isn't completely blown to dust (which I doubt). I expect the guardian to stop healing the girl, instead getting killed by the king for disobeying his orders. Something along those line since I have no idea where Gon fits in :p
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

i think the king will be seriously injured and the cat girl (forget her name) will be KEY in healing the king. As far as we know the king does not have regenerative abilities (or he probably wouldve healed him when he cut his arm or the girl when she got injured). I think the cat girl's intent on taking Gon on will be in focus since if Gon wins then the king will be severely injured. His other 2 royal guards are still healthy so their battles need to conclude as well. I think in the end the king wont die but recognizes human's determination/ability and stops his conquest
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Obviously the king will live -he will be severely hurt though, perhaps even mutilated-. I wonder how the 3 servants will react to seeing the king like that. For them the king was like a god, an existence which was supposed to be forever unharmed. Yet, what they are gonna find now is a hurt little baby deprived of any dignity and whatnot (speculation on my part though). I think it is very possible the ants would actually go insane once they see their king reduced to such a pitiful state and in their delusion put him out themselves. If it doesn't happen that way, then they will obviously continue serving him but at least the king will be reduced to a state in which the hunters at the castle could actually have a shred of a chance at defeating. Can't help but wonder if netero was the only one given such a thing though. I would not be surprise if other bomb users appear to finish of the generals.
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

on page 14 knuckles said, "they would sell their soul to the devil if the king gave the word"
i dont know about you but this means the ants are loyal to the end. so i dont think they would betray him.
He would probably sustain flesh wounds. yohohohoho!

edit: doesn't butterflies signify rebirth? the king may be a little hurt but he would realize the potential of humans.
 
Last edited:

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I think the King is going to survive. I don't have anymore comments. Well, the art was awesome.
 

Duzy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
184
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Finally a plot device that makes a turnaround and is so simple...You'd think that resolving matter with a nuke would be a hax, and yet in the present storyline, the battle of species, it feels appropriate. To be honest I haven't really liked this arc so far. It feels displaced (even though more or less every HxH arc feels that way) and the year-lasting 5 minutes toppled Freeza vs Goku 5 minutes many times over. Yet, I must say this chapter feels very refreshing. Netero's design is demented :darn. On that matter, I hope the avatar isn't a spoiler breach of rules. I see not a remote chance for someone who didn't see the chapter to recognize Netero in the image ;)
 
Last edited:

Rezack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I like the idea of the king being in a state unable to ever fight again. All three of the royal guards are still monsters after all and still a big threat.
IMO it would be lame if someone like Gin or another uber character has to appear "just" to get rid of a few ants. If the ryodan would fight in teams i think they could defeat the royals guards. Maybe the Rose is just a signal for a new strike force to get started, but i dont think so.

I am sure something unexpected will happen, and togashi will teach kubo whats possible when your story is packed with so many characters
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

On that matter, I hope the avatar isn't a spoiler breach of rules. I see not a remote chance for someone who didn't see the chapter to recognize Netero in the image ;)
I believe the rule is, as long as the chapter from which you took the image from is considered to be officially out... then you are fine.

I just completed a power read through of this manga... yeesh! -_-;

the thing that has kinda bothered me about the kings appearance is that he still looks very much like an "insect", and calls back the design of Cell from DBZ. But yet his guards have a more human appearances than he does... you would think it would the other way around.

anyway on topic with what is going on... I think that the King is alive, but is now a completely changed being. He has now completely gone through all of the basic human emotions, with the final being "fear".

All of the guards, save cat boy, has redeemed themselves in a manner of speaking in the eyes of the good guys. I say cat boy is excluded cause Gon is still brooding over murdering him. Yet Knuckles and Killua have seen that this is not a black and white situation that they thought it would be going into this battle.

I would of loved to see Hisoka versus either Pouf or Youpi... but o well.

finally I do enjoy how Netero started off in the manga as a goofy bright character and ended as a dark evil twisted one. :grin
 

lan2cp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
278
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

This chapter was very good! What I really hate is people comparing Hunter x Hunter to Bleach. Bleach sucks @ss IMO and no manga should be compared to it. Netero's death was really awesome!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

This chapter was very good! What I really hate is people comparing Hunter x Hunter to Bleach.
You know why I compared HxH to Bleach? Because both authors dug themselves in a deep hole, but one had a phone to call for help and the other got a bomb and just used it.
 

Pavitre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
104
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

@Ian2cup, damn that guy in the video fucked up man, freakin hurts
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

@Ian2cup, damn that guy in the video fucked up man, freakin hurts
Oh wow, even if its totally Offtopic, but i just thought the Same, That damn hurts, what a stupid idiot to try something like this, haha xD


On Topic Aggain.


Aw man, cant Wait to see the next chapter, what will we see, how would the King have changed...

its useless to predict, we just can wait and see
 

pandaaqueen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2008
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
1,363
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Why are his drawings so bloody sketchy? Well, I'm not really fond of his artwork. Not at all :I

the thing that has kinda bothered me about the kings appearance is that he still looks very much like an "insect", and calls back the design of Cell from DBZ. But yet his guards have a more human appearances than he does... you would think it would the other way around.
Same here! Actually, a more human appearance would suit him much better!
 

Sachsenhesse

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
2,841
Reaction score
3,655
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

i like this work of art it fits into the theme perfectly, netero is one badass man with an unbelievable intensity, that sketch seems to me like a raw disturbing willpower

well out of all selfdestructs i know so far, netero was the best
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

^I agree with both of you... half and half I would say. It works with awesome attacks panels or layouts like:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/297/14-15/

but then when it shows up in regular story telling like this:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/184/08/

it is a bit of a let down.

Now that I think back, the Queen gave birth to 2 children... The King (who looks like an insect) and then the one that the Queen's bodyguard took (that looks human)

So maybe the 2nd will be the actually King when all is said and done...
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

@ghostexiled: I think that's a bad example of his 'normal storytelling', since those 'chapters' are sketches from the time he was sick, and those have been redone to the tankobotons.
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Are there any redone works on any manga hosting site right now?
 

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
3,536
Reaction score
2,857
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

well see I was unaware of the situation of him being sick and also about him redoing them.

I am with Shiro-kun... is there any of his reworked art available on any sites?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top