Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Also agree with Ameya's thoughts about the King and how his reasoning to some extent reflects that of humans in relation to species thought to be 'lower' then themselves.
Today we had a lecture about (among other things) how medical researchers use GFP mice to research cancer cells and how they use other animals too. So I thought exactly about what you said and giggled a bit inside.
Imagine ants now using humans for their medical research by implanting them with tumors and/or modifying them genetically... :darn

I have to say, I felt a bit sympathetic with the king int he beginning with Netero starting before giving the king a chance to talk. But after what the king said this chapter I'm cheering Netero 100% (although have to admit the king is great, would be awesome if he showed an actual ability).
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I have to say, I felt a bit sympathetic with the king int he beginning with Netero starting before giving the king a chance to talk. But after what the king said this chapter I'm cheering Netero 100% (although have to admit the king is great, would be awesome if he showed an actual ability).
Hadn't he already shown his ability? Gaining nen from others through consuming them? (Of course, only Nefelpitou noticed this ability, in chapter 217).

Unlike the rest of you guys, I really wanted the Hunters to exterminate the Ants. From the beginning, when the queen ant ate those kids. Remember when Leol chomped half the TV reporter's body on air? Even vegans and PETA in that world will agree, but only after a few (bloody) hilarious attempts at "contact" though. (I can imagine them sending ambassadors who would later become fodder.)

It is because we have individuality that we are the top of the food chain. And with that power comes a (cliched) responsibility: Humans have compassion to other beings, while the ants gained them from humans, but that compassion isn't tempered by their lust for bloodshed.
 
Last edited:

BigCamaro

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

the world of HxH is incredibly huge, perhaps a warning from Netero to the king, telling him that there are far stronger opponents, I mean after all, Neteros Nen Power was solely power, there are a variety of tricks you can do with Nen. Neteros however was useless, seeing as Meruem(King) is almost indestructable.

However I think Netero might end up sacrificing himself with some UBER power. Stalemate as dual-loss rules (Something that Meruem was not expecting)
I hope it is a straight up fight hes beaten in. If its a special ability like Kurapica's nen chain..thatd be pretty shitty
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I'm not talking about his grandfather lol he wouldnt stand a chance against Ant as far as he's shown. The one I;m talking about is the oldest assassin in that family, maha goldyck, he was hinted to be stronger than netero, not sure if he'll appear in ful blown battle scenario, still I hope for his appearance.
Where was that hinted? I'm interested in reading about him but all I can find is him being the head of the family and assassinating the 10 godfathers of the mafia. Plus he looks reaaaally old =/


hunter71485 said:
Hadn't he already shown his ability? Gaining nen from others through consuming them? (Of course, only Nefelpitou noticed this ability, in chapter 217).[/url]
Ohh, that's right. Let's hope he starts using them in some way so there's some variety to the battle from his side.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I was thinking that the "nen curse" would be of some use to Netero's end, but seeing as how Meruem got Nefelpitou...
 

AiddonValentine

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
123
Reaction score
198
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

well I made a mad reading session today to catch up after years. I will say from a writing standpoint the King's uberness is getting ridiculous even for a fantastical world. I can understand making the bad guys a legitimate threat, but come on, at least let Netero break a limb or two with that move just to show that the Chimera Ants aren't as superior as they think they are. Plus considering all the pain they've caused they can't expect to be spared.
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

There have been no hints of the manga returning to hiatus soon , i hope he doesnt
that lazy bastard has had enough breaks for the last several years .

Meruem is being developed to much powerful , i dont really want him to be the final antagonist in the manga ....also when we have much more interesting antagonist still around such as the Genei Ryodan and Hisoka i prefere Meruem not to (arrogant superior being that hates humans but sympathizes to a few so he wants to put them in a zoo...)
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

the curious thing is will Meruem/king be the "toughest" opponent ever? Who else can trump him? I dont think Kuroro (spider clan boss) can trump Meruem. I am not saying there wont be any more villains but to have someone trump Meruem at this point doesnt look likely and if it does then that person would be even more ridiculous.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

the curious thing is will Meruem/king be the "toughest" opponent ever? Who else can trump him? I dont think Kuroro (spider clan boss) can trump Meruem. I am not saying there wont be any more villains but to have someone trump Meruem at this point doesnt look likely and if it does then that person would be even more ridiculous.
I think Meruem is strongest character in Hunter x Hunter, so far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I hope if Meruem is the final antagonist, that he will stay low for a while (probably build his forces ) .....during that duration Gon can be developed more.

Humanity in this manga is much more F'ed up than Real Life Humans ( in the naive sense..) :O provides better storyline than Species that hate Humans ...
 

AiddonValentine

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
123
Reaction score
198
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

he's going to get beat, that's just how things have to be. If anyone is going to be the final antagonist it's either the Phantom Brigade or Hisoka.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

he's going to get beat, that's just how things have to be. If anyone is going to be the final antagonist it's either the Phantom Brigade or Hisoka.
I agree, I don't see any realistic scenario where he is allowed to keep on fighting. The wounds he took from netero just now seem severe enough as it is so it is likely now other nen users could actually hold their ground -even if utterly exhausted-.
 

Sakakibara Eitaro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Just one thing, You can't forget the main key factor in the hole HxH story: Nen.
Nen users, like Gon's father, made possible to create a "game" in the real world. So much that it can restore limbs and all. For instance, the king did not use it yet (no special, just aura protecting him), but if someone like Kurapaika who can put people into zetsu or that fast guy who could creat a world of catch and seek, any possible combinations are possible. Enforcers are good fighters but are not the only fighters. I do believe the king is strong, but I also believe that there are stroger (more experienced) Nen users. I don't know but, for me, Gin is stronger than the king.

thats it
 

Shiro-kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
372
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I hope Gin is stronger than the king :)

Nen Battles are interesting so far at this point , since its tactical than brawling to see who is the strongest ..im glad the above posters brought up that point :oh lol

This manga still has a lot to go by (i mean i'll hate Togashi if he goes into hiatus after the boost up in recent chapters... i hope Togashi does not just jumpshorts it ....) , and i hope to god the Chimera Ant arc is almost over.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I hope Togashi won't go to hiatus this time. Chimera Ant arc is almost heading to climax (I think), and I want to see Kurapica and Leorio to reunite with Gon and Killua, again.
 

Pavitre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
104
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Where was that hinted? I'm interested in reading about him but all I can find is him being the head of the family and assassinating the 10 godfathers of the mafia. Plus he looks reaaaally old =/
dont remember the ch, but it was said that netero was the only person alive to return after fighting with him, hence hyped.
besides old guys are always the monster types

hmm not expecting him to show up or anything, but some more info on him would be nice in future chapters
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

dont remember the ch, but it was said that netero was the only person alive to return after fighting with him, hence hyped.
besides old guys are always the monster types

hmm not expecting him to show up or anything, but some more info on him would be nice in future chapters
Found it:
http://mangahut.com/manga/m=s2F6/hunter_x_hunter/264/pg10

Although this seems to talk about him in past present, hopefully he's still the strongest. But I doubt we'll get to know more about him with HxH's current schedule...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

I hope Gin is stronger than the king :)

Nen Battles are interesting so far at this point , since its tactical than brawling to see who is the strongest ..im glad the above posters brought up that point :oh lol

This manga still has a lot to go by (i mean i'll hate Togashi if he goes into hiatus after the boost up in recent chapters... i hope Togashi does not just jumpshorts it ....) , and i hope to god the Chimera Ant arc is almost over.
Is that the guy who initially trained gon and killua? While I doubt he is weak, I have a hard time seeing him as stronger than netero. If I recall, he is an enhancement type, which in general is suited for direct, somewhat simply combat. Sure, he can combine his enhancement with other types of nen but odds are he won't be doing something like what knuckle or netero can do.

Personally, I think knuckle will play a part in defeating the king along with the remainign capable nen users. The king is hurt, meaning he has less nen than before, therefore it is more likely for knuckle and crew to be able to get him to bankrupt. Wonder how his guard will react to seeing the king this hurt though.
 

Pavitre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
580
Reaction score
104
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

one more thing, everybody's talking about this chimera arc being over and there being many other interesting villains to develop and defeat, but like someone said above this king ant is the strongest and smartest creature we'v seen till now, so I too agree with some ppl that he's possibly the last villain or something like that.

I mean i dont see anyone being able to top him and his 3 generals over for now, they'r just too strong for anyone, if netero couldn't handle them our heroes will need to get a huge power up or something like that

also i'll have to disagree in saying that the king is hurt at all, atmost he only looks a bit ruffed up thats all, he still has that calm expression over his face. sorry to say, but netero couldn't do any major harm to him

lastly, i love how gon looks so serious man, he's like in sasuke revenge mode or something, his face is scary
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro

Well, plot in HH is generally not completely driven by raw power though. If I recall, strategy and smarts took a big part in the earlier arcs. Even if the king is unlikely to be topped, it is more than easy to find people who can defeat gon and killua. They were said to have the power of middle level hunters some time ago so basically any experience mid level hunter would be a good oponent for them. Also note that the spider is still around and the lot of them would still make short work of killua. Outside of netero, he king and the ants there are still plenty of people who would easily defeat gon and killua, gettin enemies for them is easy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top