Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

where does everyone read this stuff? the only thing we know is that he is sick or at least too sick to draw hunter x hunter but not sick enough for a tribute thing, so i doubt he has cancer.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter

NeoShweaty said:
where does everyone read this stuff? the only thing we know is that he is sick or at least too sick to draw hunter x hunter but not sick enough for a tribute thing, so i doubt he has cancer.
I read in MH and the post seemed to me serious.
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I also stopped reading HxH a while back. The anime was great. Hope it ends where it was though, because it'd be a perfect ending (unless you read the manga that is...) Not to fond of the ant saga. The drawing is not so bad (well yes it is but I can put up with it since the mangaka is ill)... as are the complications to the abilities all the ants and weird animals have. Kind of took me out of the whole thing.

I guess I might start reading it again tho. And it is pretty bold of you guys to put Togashi down when he's ill. We all know the animations bad, but he can't help it. It seems pretty impossible for him to draw up good illustrations quickly in his condition.

As for the breaks? Don't really mind them. Too much other manga out for me to be stuck on one that's on stanby. And any Vagabond fan will tell you, you haven't met lazy until you've seen Inoue Takehiko (lmao jk, he's one of my favorite artists but his breaks are pretty annoying). Hmmm... maybe I'm not kidding. Anyways, I think I'm going to catch up on good ol' HxH so when it comes back I'll be ready.:)
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter

NeoShweaty said:
where does everyone read this stuff? the only thing we know is that he is sick or at least too sick to draw hunter x hunter but not sick enough for a tribute thing, so i doubt he has cancer.
in japan, they are very evasive about illness ... "sick" can mean anything from cold to cancer, he didn't released anything since early february, and the comments on each cover of published'n'redrawn volumes are very ... "i can't no more" "i gave all i had on this volume" "i believed i will never see the end" etc.

:/
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

HumanRage said:
in japan, they are very evasive about illness ... "sick" can mean anything from cold to cancer, he didn't released anything since early february, and the comments on each cover of published'n'redrawn volumes are very ... "i can't no more" "i gave all i had on this volume" "i believed i will never see the end" etc.

:/
I know. I have heard the stuff on what it means to be sick in japan, but you can't just assume that he has cancer or aids or something like that. He may have those, but i doubt he would considering the work he has managed to do over the past few years. I gather that years of no assistants have finally taken their toll on him and he finally just broke some how. In any case, my point is that he is "sick". Lets not just jump to conclusions when that is the only information anyone outside of the shueisha corporation knows about that.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter

yes it can also be a "standard" depression of too much personnal and professional bad events
 

Siru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

This anime is pretty addicting, I haven't read the manga yet though. I'm currently on episode 44. I was wondering if I should watch those 3 OVA's too or I should just go straight to where the anime left off in the manga volume 18. I don't want to watch any fillers if the 3 OVAs are filler.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter

no filler
71 to 92 is the best part of the story, a pure pleasure, and best drawn, like said a few moments ago, it should have ended here, and it would be perfect. maybe you should just watch, and when reading the manga, stop at the end of the greed island arc ;)
 

Siru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

What about this Chimera Ant Arc I've been hearing about? I heard it was pretty good.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Siru said:
What about this Chimera Ant Arc I've been hearing about? I heard it was pretty good.
since we will maybe never see the end (while the story halted at "ok, let's go for the final big badass battle"), i don't think it's a good idea to read

quality is terrible, chapters are redrawn for the volume edition ... and the latest scans are only shapes and drafts :/
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

i am not a big fan of the ant arc. It just seems like it is never going to end (even before his "break"). Read it because it isnt that bad but it isnt the best of the series at all.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Hunter x Hunter

NeoShweaty said:
i am not a big fan of the ant arc. It just seems like it is never going to end (even before his "break"). Read it because it isnt that bad but it isnt the best of the series at all.
it was on the edge to the end ... that's why it hurts so much :cry:

:/

gn8, it's 4am here ...
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter

This arc was pretty weird overall; but really hit its stride towards the end.... and then he took a break; which is still going now :\
 

Meno

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

The ant arc is only good if you're looking for lots of different characters with lots of different abilities. It's also only good if you want to know what happens next. If you read it for the art, you'll be sadly disappointed. If you're in it for the story, it's pretty good. Personally, I like it more then Greed Island in term of story. GI just had too much training in it for my taste.
 

cravenight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
424
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Well they need all the training in the GI, since they pretty much couldn't do crap with nen, before it, they didn't know much and they relied to much on just there natural fighting.
 

psychoidiot

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I actually somewhat like the Chimera ant thing. It shows there are things out there that can top Hunters besides the Spiders.... well spiders are according to which Hunter you're talking about I guess. Hxh can go on forever cuz it's not even to the point where you feel like you know half the crap that is supposed to be Jin Freaks(or however you may spell it). I think i'm just amused by the ant king and the blind girl.... the netgear spoof 281 was so wrong yet so funny...
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter

psychoidiot said:
I actually somewhat like the Chimera ant thing. It shows there are things out there that can top Hunters besides the Spiders.... well spiders are according to which Hunter you're talking about I guess. Hxh can go on forever cuz it's not even to the point where you feel like you know half the crap that is supposed to be Jin Freaks(or however you may spell it). I think i'm just amused by the ant king and the blind girl.... the netgear spoof 281 was so wrong yet so funny...
Did you mean that they posted the first of April? I thought it was strange only after I read half of it :XD
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Hisoka magazine was hilarious xD It cracked me up.

On a serious note, I can’t wait for the mangaka to continue. At least I hope he does continue. I would like to see Killua’s lightning speed technique which basically should make him move at the speed of thunder. Gon’s attack would probably be stupid... and I just can’t understand how they will be able to beat the Ant Kill (aka Cell from DBZ) when the strongest one of them (old jii-san) is most likely weaker than one of the king’s subordinates! Just when it got good, the mangaka decided to stop. And to think he wasted so many chapters on the old lady
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Strangely what I am most curious about is
the relationiship between the ant kning and the blind girl
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter

njt said:
I use to read and watch this religously until the mangaka decided to stop for weeks on end, and when he DID draw it was scribbles... I know he's sick, but for some reason he gets really SICK when a new popular game comes out... something fishy about that. Plus he's married to Sailor Moon, so it's not like he needs any cash, more like a hobby or something to him now.

Anyways, my favorite character is Kirua and the Green Island arc is GENIUS :ossu
knew he was sick but didn't know the details behind it. Naoko Tekauchi (mangaka of Sailormoon) was asked if ever his husband died if she'll continue on HxH.

yeah i like HxH but as njt mentioned, the art became scribbles and all. got attracted to it because of Gon and Killua's friendship.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top