Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

The anime has gotten a little bit slower, I think it all started during Zevil island. I don't find it slow though, in fact I'm liking the pacing a lot. Wouldn't want it to be as fast as FMA: Brotherhood's first 14 episodes :D
Oh god no, that was horrible. I'm glad that they are taking there time and going through the material at an appropriate pace, not too slow and not too fast, just right.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

This issue has been discussed a lot before...
Anyway,I don't think it is that slow in comparison to the 1999 version anime. I think the pace is pretty good so far .We are already at the heaven arena arc in the latest episode whereas in the 1999 version ,we'll most likely be stuck in the hunter exam arc.
Though I'm no big fan of the fillers they add in...
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I heard that viz has censored Hunter x hunter volumes. Is that true? I was going to buy the NGL arc. I have vol 1 - 3 and there is no censorship. Not that there is somting to censor.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Well, from your comments I am inclined to revisit the anime again...
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I bet you will not regret this decision. But if you thought the pace was slow back them, instead of starting from the beginning, maybe you should jump right to the Zevil Island episodes. Even though it may be where the anime starts to slow a little down, as someone pointed last page, it's exactly where the real action starts.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

thanks. But I read the posts again, and missed to see someone mention about fillers. Boy, that turned me down. Reminded me why I read manga in the first place: to get away from fillers.
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

It's not like there are filler episodes. There only three instances when filler was added. One was the waiting room in trick tower, which is probably the weakest filler. The other fillers expand on things that were not really mentioned in the manga in detail, or at all. One is the canary meeting, and the other is how Kurapika meets his master. None of the fillers are inconsistent with the manga, and they are not really an episode long. The first two filers I mention are half an episode, while the last one is about a third of an episode. That is all the filler that has been added.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I heard that viz has censored Hunter x hunter volumes. Is that true? I was going to buy the NGL arc. I have vol 1 - 3 and there is no censorship. Not that there is somting to censor.
Here, I posted this a couple pages back. There barely is any censorship in the viz volumes.
It looks like the Japanese volume 23 has a little bit of censorship too.

I took two pictures of what Viz censored, and to be honest it's not that bad.
censored


uncensored


censored


uncensored
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

oh wow I never realized they censor even stuff like that.

I have Vagabond from Viz, and provided that it's seinen, I think there is no censorship there (breasts, etc). So far I only have Rurouni Kenshin (6 volumes) from viz that is shounen, and I haven't noticed any censorship for that manga so far.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

oh wow I never realized they censor even stuff like that.

I have Vagabond from Viz, and provided that it's seinen, I think there is no censorship there (breasts, etc). So far I only have Rurouni Kenshin (6 volumes) from viz that is shounen, and I haven't noticed any censorship for that manga so far.
The censorship is only like 3 pages in total of 27 released volumes. I don't really know why they censored those portions but it didnt bother me at all
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Oh, I should probably clarify something regarding the censorship. I'm fairly certain that Nexgear decensored those panels themselves. I haven't taken a look at the Japanese version of volume 23 in a long time, but I think the panels have those same black boxes. If you take a look at Togashi's drafts, the same things are censored.


Besides that...a cool fanpic of the new anime


What I like about these images is where each character's eyes are looking. It goes by fairly fast in the ending theme, but take a look at their gazes (in their natural sequence, which goes Leorio, Kurapika, Killua, Gon).

Leorio is gazing towards Kurapika, possibly indicative of his perception of Kurapika's dark nature in the Yorknew City arc. He's the only one of the four protagonists who sees the depths of Kurapika's rage.

Kurapika is gazing at Killua, possibly indicative of his distrust of the boy. I think that there's a strong possibility that the two will eventually oppose each other.

Killua is gazing towards Gon, possibly indicative of the fact that he realizes that his friend is someone who needs (or at least, Killua desires) to be protected from the world around him (see ch 230).

And Gon is staring straight ahead, wide-eyed--possibly representing the idea that he's always learning from and observing the situations that surround him without discrimination, unaware of how dangerous this is in his occupation.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. But I appreciate it.
 
Last edited:

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I've started reading Yorknew arc, and this is the first shocker!


Melody is a woman!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I didn't really feel shocked about that because I watched the anime first (the old one) before reading the manga, and the voice was female.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Your surprise about certain character's sex in the world of HxH are just beginning them =P
Wait until Chimera Ants...
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

It's just that I saw Melody before and read some early Yorknew Edited Mangas and I always thought she was an old man. But Now that I have the official volumes and pay more attention the the script and her side remark struck me!

Didn't expect Uvugin to die that simply!
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

I've started reading Yorknew arc, and this is the first shocker!


Melody is a woman!
Haha. When I first started reading Hunter x Hunter, I was surprised about that one too. :D
 
Last edited:

ShoobyDooBop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
114
Reaction score
39
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

YO!
I have a question. Can a Nen user defend against Gensuru's bomb? The one with rules. Let's say... Uvo, if he were still alive. Can he defend against it by covering his body with massive aura?
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Dunno about Uvo, but I bet any of the Royal Guards could defend the explosion from Gensuru's Bomber ability. No need to tell about Meruem right? =P
As for the "mimimi regular nen user mimimi", it would depend in it's nen power more than in it's nen amount (as with the ants). From the ones we have saw so far, the very Jyounen-user from Greed Island (don't remember his name) showed us one such possibility. Maybe there are other ways. Could Knuckle hit it with his Hakoware and seal it/seal Gensuru's ability? Could Shoot do the same with his Hotel Raflesia (is it typed like that?)? Or maybe Chizuru from the Genei Ryodan could use her Deme-chan and suck it (as in "the bomb is not a living thing")?
Everything besides "Jyounen" and "Royal Guards" is speculation for me. =P
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

Now that I finished Yorknew arc (at least before Gon and Killua go into Greed Island), all what I can say is Akatsuki and Espada got nothing on the Phantom Troupe!

The Spiders are more humane than any other gang of villains! They mourn their dead comrades, they do care about each other, they have fun together, the leader is not and asshole who ditches them whenever he like, and even the protagonists sympathies with them!

The Juppongatana and the Apostles of Stars are close, but still far than the Spiders.
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread

...so what are the odds of hunter x hunter (1999) appearing on toonami on may 26? id give it a 5% chance, I can dream can't I :p? although yu yu hakusho, outlaw star and rorouni kenshin have a much better chance, i'd still want to see hxh there. Idk, there's something about seeing it on TV that makes it more special, I'd like to see it one more time ever since I dropped animax (ever since it became lame, but i think it doesn't exist anymore in latin america or it became something else). Hopefully they pass it over here and not just in the states.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top