Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Okay hands up who hasn't seen the hiatus coming?

Sheesh just when it starts to gets interesting, Killua "dropping by", Potclean ready to multiply its interest...
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I assumed that the smoke is real since he always walks around with the a humongous smoking pipe, he would not need the pipe if the smoke was made of aura right? unless the pipe was the condition for materializing/emitting/transforming the smoke.. but I don't think that's the case..

as for the hiatus, it's now Togashi's protocol to do 10 chapters with mini hiatus afterwards, but thats much better than 1+ year hiatus with no official word what-so-ever.. he should have started this whole thing a bit earlier :oh
 

CupofDice

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
454
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Grrrr I missed that part. And just when Killua was about to go godspeed on Montutuyupi. Maybe it won't be as long this time around.

@eyesotope

I really don't see how he could create smoke with his aura unless he was transformation, so the smoke is probably real as you said.
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Hunter x Hunter

wow you actually wrote Yupi's full name, it's been a long time since I last saw that :D , all the royal guards' names are blown out of proportions..

it's definitely not the most convenient time for a hiatus but well, we'll just have to deal with it.. argh, Yupi is so going to get it now with invisible Killua joining the fight.
 

CupofDice

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
505
Reaction score
454
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Actually I just copied it from wiki.:D Couldn't remember his name. :p
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Hunter x Hunter

so what about his ability (Yupi)? looks like reinforcement with a twist?:blink

I originally thought that all the royal guards will be specialization but looks like Yupi is a simple minded punching machine..
 

Umbra Wolf

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
332
Reaction score
41
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Well, Yupi is in so0meways special. He's a different hybrid than the other Chimera Ants if I remember correctly.

I thought his Nen type to be a special type of materialisation. So far we've only seen the materialisation of inanimate objects but why shouldn't be the spawning of muscles and other body parts be possible? Or maybe his Nen ability is simply shape shifting and it's indeed a specialisation type.

BTW: Reinforcement didn't include physical changes or did it? Neither Gon's nor Phinx' nor Ubogin's muscle mass increased as they use their Nen abilities or did they?
 

eyesotope

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
691
Reaction score
65
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Hunter x Hunter

well think of it as reinforcement chimera ant way :amuse

I also considered the possibility of changing his aura to metabolism = specialization (:s)

or maybe he reinforces his metabolism?? :s:blink:s
 

cacwoody

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

wow, why did the thread die when the manga went on hiatus? you act like there is nothing to talk about.... ._. *cant think of anything HXH related to talk about* seriously guys, use your imaginations :p
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Actually, I was wondering about a couple of stuff.

Now that the Spiders have returned from Greed Island with the Nen remover, they've probably already removed Kururo's "curse". Did he fight Hisoka? Or did he manage to escape before?

Annnnd, when Hisoka is constantly searching for stronger opponents, why didn't he come to face the King? Sure, he stands no chance, but he doesn't care, does he? Is it because a) He died against Kururo (doubt it) b) he doesn't know (most likely) c) he knows, but decided to stay away from the ants because he has no interest d) he doesn't want to kill the ants when they can help Gon growing up...

Just wondering....
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I fear HxH will end with the Ant arc and so the sub-plot regarding Spider will never be solved and I will never know why Killua little brother (the paper/fan user) joined Spider to reunite all his family. And the same fate will suffer the grudge between Kurapica and Spider.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I fear HxH will end with the Ant arc and so the sub-plot regarding Spider will never be solved and I will never know why Killua little brother (the paper/fan user) joined Spider to reunite all his family. And the same fate will suffer the grudge between Kurapica and Spider.
+1, or it'll take years and years and we will have to endure a publisher change or something like that...Damn Togashi...

We will never see Hisoka VS Danchou...

We will never see Gin...

We won't see Netero again..
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Hunter x Hunter

i never understood how those ants got be so strong...i know that was incorrect english..but yeah...anyways ....yeah...this manga got boring when this ant arc started...cancel it :jbya
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Hmmm? I actually like the current arc a whole lot... I know there're mixed feelings in the fan community, but overal the current arc is pretty popular (though I believe most people still like the Greed Island arc best, from what I've read in polls).

Personally, I found volume twentyfive (the first few minutes of the charge, chapters 261-270) to be by far the best volume this manga had produced so far, in art and storyflow. But heh, I guess that doesn't go for everyone, eh... :amuse
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I agree, mostly.
The ant arc sucked at first, but right about now, it's one of the most exhilarating reads in any ongoing shounen manga.

Anyways, to answer a previous question: When Gon and Killua first encountered an ant, they forcefully opened his nen-pores, or whatever the heck it was called.
The same way Wing did for G & K back in the tower arc. After that, it was a mere matter of the ants gathering enough information from both nen-experts Kaito and Pokkle; who got captured.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Hunter x Hunter

Hmm, guess Im the only one who didnt like Greed Island then. I think Chimera Ant and Hunter Exam arcs were some of the better ones. I really do hope that Togashi finishes this manga respectfully and it full gear (aka no more hiatus...unless the man is going through Alzheimer's or dying of Cancer, I can't see wtf is keeping him...unless anyone else can name equivalent diseases/illnesses lol).
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Re: Hunter x Hunter

I thought that the ant saga was a plot device used by togashi to rid HxH if his unwanted characters...
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter

i never understood how those ants got be so strong...i know that was incorrect english..but yeah...anyways ....yeah...this manga got boring when this ant arc started...cancel it :jbya
I agree, the whole known HXH's universe became meaningless as soon as these fucking ants came in this mess. In fact, if togashi ever continue his manga, I'm not going to read it again.

It was my last attempt but I'm too disappointed to continue.
 

cacwoody

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter x Hunter

wow I cant believe that my one little post up there would have gotten this many people to post things. But to the two of you who are saying "cancel it"..... WTH?!?!?! yeah and along with it, one of your favorite mangas, just because you dont like the current arc or the entire manga for that matter, doesnt mean you should hate on it and ruin it for others. honestly..... =_=
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Hunter x Hunter

wow I cant believe that my one little post up there would have gotten this many people to post things. But to the two of you who are saying "cancel it"..... WTH?!?!?! yeah and along with it, one of your favorite mangas, just because you dont like the current arc or the entire manga for that matter, doesnt mean you should hate on it and ruin it for others. honestly..... =_=
It's just an opinion. Don't be angry :). And why are you talking about the entire manga. The only thing needed to be cancelled is that arc. Now, if every one of you like it, it's good for you. I stop the troll here :)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top