Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 123 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Didn't he find him already, just before NGL?
Yeah, just one panel in 185. Anime expanded on it, but I still don't like how they handled Kite.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He explained it in the Q&A from last year:
And to add to this: someone noticed that Togashi is playfully following Yumiko's suggestion : P ("Work hard to make DVD boxes for the TV shows.")

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
So when do you think we get the chapters?

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I have a question for you guys. There was supposed to be a 40 or so drafts done in the past and we are working on those right now. It really sounds like a good number to wrap up the succession arc. But I don't really know when we started to get the chapters from those drafts, the last batch was the first part of them? So we have 30 to go?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I have a question for you guys. There was supposed to be a 40 or so drafts done in the past and we are working on those right now. It really sounds like a good number to wrap up the succession arc. But I don't really know when we started to get the chapters from those drafts, the last batch was the first part of them? So we have 30 to go?
There's been some confusion here, but his comment was: "The chapters running right now [391-400] and the next 30 were all written four years ago, so I want to show what we are drawing n—"

Obviously 401-410 have been storyboarded and (mostly) drafted, but it's not clear how much has been done on 411-430. I imagine some of them are storyboarded (especially in the 411-420 batch), but we can't know for sure.

I'd be surprised if the arc wrapped up with 430, but 440-450 definitely seems possible (if he's able to get that far).

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
There's been some confusion here, but his comment was: "The chapters running right now [391-400] and the next 30 were all written four years ago, so I want to show what we are drawing n—"

Obviously 401-410 have been storyboarded and (mostly) drafted, but it's not clear how much has been done on 411-430. I imagine some of them are storyboarded (especially in the 411-420 batch), but we can't know for sure.

I'd be surprised if the arc wrapped up with 430, but 440-450 definitely seems possible (if he's able to get that far).
Ohh I see, thanks!
Yeah, 430 seems a bit early for a wrap up but you never know with Togashi. We expect a bloodbath and we might be getting an entire different thing.
I cant waittttttttttt :bored

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
The end of the Expedition Arc:

The Black Whale reaches the Dark Continent but
there are two giant shadowy figures...

Broggy and Dorry: You can't enter our domain!

Beyond Netero: Understood. Have a nice day.

Black Whale turns around making a slide whistle noise.

The end of One Piece

Zoro: Alright we found the One Piece...but it's some weird wish granting life form.
No point in me wishing to be the world's greatest swordsman since I already am.
Maybe I'll just wish for some more grog!

Luffy: And I want all the meat in the world!

Ai: 'Ai, your wish is granted.

Zoro: Ahh! That hits the spot.

Luffy gets twisted into a knot

Zoro: STOP SCREWING AROUND LUFFY!

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The end of the Expedition Arc:

The Black Whale reaches the Dark Continent but
there are two giant shadowy figures...

Broggy and Dorry: You can't enter our domain!

Beyond Netero: Understood. Have a nice day.

Black Whale turns around making a slide whistle noise.

The end of One Piece

Zoro: Alright we found the One Piece...but it's some weird wish granting life form.
No point in me wishing to be the world's greatest swordsman since I already am.
Maybe I'll just wish for some more grog!

Luffy: And I want all the meat in the world!

Ai: 'Ai, your wish is granted.

Zoro: Ahh! That hits the spot.

Luffy gets twisted into a knot

Zoro: STOP SCREWING AROUND LUFFY!
LOL, now that you mentioned Beyond, my theory is that he is the only one that can beat the "gatekeeper" so that's why they'll set him free :eek: :eek: :eek:
He might set a new powerlevel beyond Netero (no pun intended lmao)

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL, now that you mentioned Beyond, my theory is that he is the only one that can beat the "gatekeeper" so that's why they'll set him free :eek: :eek: :eek:
I could be wrong but I suspect that "gatekeeper" or "gatekeepers" if there's more than one won't be someone/something you can fight
but more of something that "tests" you to see if your are worthy of entering the "gates" of the dark continent. Maybe like a dungeon master?
Although I don't think it is a human it probably has some intelligence.

I think we'll probably see Beyond Netero beat the "gatekeeper" but it's gonna be more like solving a riddle than winning a battle I think.

Actually it would be interesting if the Hunter Exam was modeled after the Dark Continent in some regard.

Ebrietas-

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I'm pretty sure Beyond doesn't have an escape plan because as the only person who has been on the dark continent, he knows that as soon as they land and see the terror of the continent all humans will instinctively side together and will choose him as leader. I think the race between the association and beyond's team is just a ruse to get useful people from all sides to the expedition.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I could be wrong but I suspect that "gatekeeper" or "gatekeepers" if there's more than one won't be someone/something you can fight
but more of something that "tests" you to see if your are worthy of entering the "gates" of the dark continent. Maybe like a dungeon master?
Although I don't think it is a human it probably has some intelligence.

I think we'll probably see Beyond Netero beat the "gatekeeper" but it's gonna be more like solving a riddle than winning a battle I think.

Actually it would be interesting if the Hunter Exam was modeled after the Dark Continent in some regard.
Thats interesting, I like that idea as well. The panel with the door talks about how the gatekeeper hates bad manners (or something like that) thats what it lead me to think that a lot of people will get smacked by him :devil-mad

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats interesting, I like that idea as well. The panel with the door talks about how the gatekeeper hates bad manners (or something like that) thats what it lead me to think that a lot of people will get smacked by him :devil-mad
I mean I think just the name "the gatekeeper" pretty much guarantees that aren't someone (or something) to be messed with.
Especially when they're the gatekeeper of the Dark Friggin Continent.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know if it's enough to wrap it up. The Succession War is supposed to continue even on the island so it can stay a subplot during their expedition. How the banquet will be handled will be a crucial moment to know the pacing IMO. There are tons of characters, the number of deaths after it will be telling.

I'm pretty sure Beyond doesn't have an escape plan because as the only person who has been on the dark continent, he knows that as soon as they land and see the terror of the continent all humans will instinctively side together and will choose him as leader. I think the race between the association and beyond's team is just a ruse to get useful people from all sides to the expedition.
They are competing to get the DC's resources and Isaac ordered asked the Zodiacs to defeat his son. There is no way things are going to be that simple.

Ging also said that they can't take too many people. Beyond has a team, with people selected for their skills. He can't just cooperate with other Hunters when he doesn't details about them. As Geru said, Beyond has an advantage over them already.

lulukaruins

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Just for fun, what do you think Troupe members doing in their free time?

I can see Machi as a part-time embalmer, obviously. Nobu as a bodyguard. Chrollo maybe doing volunteer work for an orphanage. Phinks and Fei just doing whatever they want. I can also imagine Shizuku work as a librarian

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Yeah no chance the Succession War ends in 40 chapters probably gonna surpass the CA arc.