Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Next 2 weeks, he might be coming on his birthday
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My personal view is that Togashi will return once he is vaxxed and the situation has died down. Why would he come back before that? I would not do that either. Japan has a very slow vaccination campaign, so I'd expect september return with 20-30 chapters.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I really missed this feeling...the feeling of reading a HxH chapter...like having professional hands give you a long massage...Very Satisfying. And it got quite emotional at the end, with Kurapika holding Woble.

P.S: Killua explaining to Kurapika how to handle Biscuit was priceless xD
:babyrage:babyrage:babyrage:emocat:emocat:emocat
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wonder how it is to be 55 and still work at a manga you started with roughly 35.

Starting a coming of age series about 12 year olds finding themselves and their place in the world for so long, then switching over to a more adult oriented story that is still set in the same world.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I wonder how it is to be 55 and still work at a manga you started with roughly 35.

Starting a coming of age series about 12 year olds finding themselves and their place in the world for so long, then switching over to a more adult oriented story that is still set in the same world.
I feel like CA covered more mature themes than the actual one, boat is a battle royale mess thing with 1 billion characters (which I like) and can end in a very dark place but I don't see the adult part yet. The counterpart to election arc also felt very shonen-esque
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wonder how it is to be 55 and still work at a manga you started with roughly 35.

Starting a coming of age series about 12-year-olds finding themselves and their place in the world for so long, then switching over to a more adult-oriented story that is still set in the same world.
Fair question.

Views of the world change a lot. Japan is socially quite different as well. Still, DC should be something different and more traditionally seinen.

Probably with Gyro we can see a more mature worldview and how Togashi has changed its view on society.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Fair question.

Views of the world change a lot. Japan is socially quite different as well. Still, DC should be something different and more traditionally seinen.

Probably with Gyro we can see a more mature worldview and how Togashi has changed its view on society.
Hmm, i feel seinen is usually very keen on 'being an adult'. You often see slice of life content in seinen manga about a person just coping with not being a chjild anymore in one way or another.
HxH does not have that. I dont see hxh as a seinen BECAUSE it mostly has characters that are adults and completely fine with being adults. They are professeionals. Nobody in HxH struggle with growing up at this point.

That is very, very rare. You usually show characters on the verge of another developmental step in their life (a good example would be killua who grew from dependent on gon to being a responsible older brother).
But you do not just show people who try to solve a mission.

To me, HxH is the only manga like that.
 

DDed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
215
Reaction score
172
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Guys, regards about the bad news of Kentaro Miura, I just wanted to say:
There has been a lot concerned about Togashi and HxH fate as a whole, considering Togashi's age is around Miura and the Hiatus has been 3 years, but the thing is that his health is a big concern, not to mention we're in pandemic. I know this is a bad idea for joking about the whole hiatus stuffs. The Hiatus jokes has to stop for real, we should be thankful for what Togashi has delivered us every panels of chapters, and pretty much just encourage him for making it through and be careful for his health, that's the only thing I can think of

Miura, you did a great job of bringing us your fantasy journey of Guts and at least I just gonna pretend my man has Casca and she got her own memory back, so it was fine even though I had to be forced to accepted that Griffith won, but in the end, you did a great job for giving me a taste of your art work as well as each panels is worth to look at, once again, thank you and your friends for creating Guts the Berserker himself
 
Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,114
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Guys, regards about the bad news of Kentaro Miura, I just wanted to say:
There has been a lot concerned about Togashi and HxH fate as a whole, considering Togashi's age is around Miura and the Hiatus has been 3 years, but the thing is that his health is a big concern, not to mention we're in pandemic. I know this is a bad idea for joking about the whole hiatus stuffs. The Hiatus jokes has to stop for real, we should be thankful for what Togashi has delivered us every panels of chapters, and pretty much just encourage him for making it through and be careful for his health, that's the only thing I can think of

Miura, you did a great job of bringing us your fantasy journey of Guts and at least I just gonna pretend my man has Casca and she got her own memory back, so it was fine even though I had to be forced to accepted that Griffith won, but in the end, you did a great job for giving me a taste of your art work as well as each panels is worth to look at, once again, thank you and your friends for creating Guts the Berserker himself
It took for someone like Miura to die tragically, to people to start realizing how nasty and selfish they were acting when it comes to breaks and hiatus, i ve came across plenty of messages this kind on twitter (Togashi is trending #2 or #3 after Miura/berserk in Twitter France, people start caring, seemingly (hopefully).







Rip Miura
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I would not make this into more than it should be tho. There were annoying 'fans' that ran around accusing authors of being lazy.

But i do not think that one can blame fans for authors overworking themselves all that much. They work because of the working conditions in their magazines and in japan. Those are to blame. Fans are annoying and obnoxious, but the people who overwork mangaka are not to be found on twitter.

I also find it a little strange to show a message from togashi from years ago. Nobody knows how his current health status is. Togashi seems to be taking good care of himself. He did not do side projects like miura did (except that one card manga), he is in hiatus since almost 3 years now. I do not think togashi is any close to overworking himself, fortunately.
 
Top