Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 56 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You’re only getting worried now? :rofl

I think we need to send him a get-well-soon card….
… and maybe crowd source a go-fund-me page for his medical bills.

He probably doesn’t need it though since his manga still sell well.

Diivil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
There is absolutely no point in speculating about his personal health. No one has any information, so we can only hope that he has gotten and is feeling better.

Instead, how about we send him a cure for Covid-19 and the Delta Variant that has a proven 100% efficacy rate?

One sure thing we can speculate about is this virus that has and is still affecting the majority of society, heavily, since February 2020.
Even professional athletes and healthy young people, who have been fully vaccinated are still susceptible to catching Covid-19, and not all of them are going to show no symptoms/ailments.

A deadly virus like Covid-19 and its Delta variant affects every person differently.

Togashi's use of assistants now is greater than ever. How about we spare a little bit of thoughts for the 55 year old with chronic physical health problems and for his family, which includes his two kids? Instead of wishing for him to put himself and his family at risk just for some chapters because we're tired of waiting!

But Nahhh, that's too inconvenient for us readers to think about. The only acceptable answer for us is that Togashi is either not healthy or is just losing interest because he's filthy rich.

ChainsawMeteor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There is absolutely no point in speculating about his personal health. No one has any information, so we can only hope that he has gotten and is feeling better.

Instead, how about we send him a cure for Covid-19 and the Delta Variant that has a proven 100% efficacy rate?

One sure thing we can speculate about is this virus that has and is still affecting the majority of society, heavily, since February 2020.
Even professional athletes and healthy young people, who have been fully vaccinated are still susceptible to catching Covid-19, and not all of them are going to show no symptoms/ailments.

A deadly virus like Covid-19 and its Delta variant affects every person differently.

Togashi's use of assistants now is greater than ever. How about we spare a little bit of thoughts for the 55 year old with chronic physical health problems and for his family, which includes his two kids? Instead of wishing for him to put himself and his family at risk just for some chapters because we're tired of waiting!

But Nahhh, that's too inconvenient for us readers to think about. The only acceptable answer for us is that Togashi is either not healthy or is just losing interest because he's filthy rich.
Dude, no one ever said it. I just said that I was worried about the togashi's health. I want him to have all the time he needs to recover. In 2018 he couldn't even walk.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Dude, no one ever said it. I just said that I was worried about the togashi's health. I want him to have all the time he needs to recover. In 2018 he couldn't even walk.
This is exactly the problem I'm taking about. Speculating about his personal health based on random bullshit rumours you read online.

How do you what he went through from January 2018 to August 2021? And even if that bullshit you're sprouting was true, what else do you want? You're just going to keep assuming he's not healthy simply because he doesn't come back to produce more chapters the instant he's healthy?

You're being very inconsiderate simply because you want more chapters and disguising that as you worried about his health.

If you're truly worried about his health then stop speculating on something you have zero information about.

That's all I'm pointing out to you.

ChainsawMeteor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is exactly the problem I'm taking about. Speculating about his personal health based on random bullshit rumours you read online.

How do you what he went through from January 2018 to August 2021? And even if that bullshit you're sprouting was true, what else do you want? You're just going to keep assuming he's not healthy simply because he doesn't come back to produce more chapters the instant he's healthy?

You're being very inconsiderate simply because you want more chapters and disguising that as you worried about his health.

If you're truly worried about his health then stop speculating on something you have zero information about.

That's all I'm pointing out to you.
bro stop jumping to conclusions. I never said what Togashi's current condition is. The only thing I said was that I am worried about his current condition. How hard is that to understand?

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yeah, ease up there, Diivil.

If anything, save that ire for the people still posting DQ memes and arguing that he's faking his health problems.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Yeah, ease up there, Diivil.

If anything, save that ire for the people still posting DQ memes and arguing that he's faking his health problems.
Blindly speculating about his personal health as the reason being for why he's not back yet when there's a global pandemic going on is just as ignorant and stupid as those people posting DQ memes.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Blindly speculating about his personal health as the reason being for why he's not back yet when there's a global pandemic going on is just as ignorant and stupid as those people posting DQ memes.
Obviously it's not the sole reason with a pandemic going on, but it's still a reason. He even mentioned it as one of the various circumstances in his last author comment.

CM's comment was completely harmless, but if you wanna stay on the offensive, so be it.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Let's not escalate this further. Honestly, I do not think anybody here advocates for Togashi working when he cannot and i also doubt Togashi reads any messages here.

It is clear fans will speculate about his health when he is gone for so long. I am a little annoyed about the rumors myself (i doubt togashi is bedridden, i also doubt he is lazy, he has back issues but we do not know the intensity of them), but at the end of the day, people are going to speculate and wish for his return. And that is fine by me as long as it is not condescending.

THe most likely explanation for his long hiatus is covid, because, if you do not have to return to work in the covid time, why would you? You'd have issues with masks or testing, depending on whether you are vaxxed, and you could just wait some more months instead. It would make complete sense.

Of course, other options could be true. Maybe he has run into writer's block, maybe he cannot draw for physical reasons. But there is nothing really pointing to that.

In any case, there is no reason to get angry about the situation or about how other people interpret togashi's behavior.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Obviously it's not the sole reason with a pandemic going on, but it's still a reason. He even mentioned it as one of the various circumstances in his last author comment.
He said that in 2018.
The pandemic started in 2020.

How do you know that his health hasn't improved to the point that he's ready to comeback?

Based on false info about him not being able to walk? Based on info from 2018? 2014?

Even when Miura passed away, one of his editors released a tweet explaining his health situation, because they were extremely annoyed at people making ignorant assumptions about how he was in bad health and wasn't taking care of himself, when in fact, he was very healthy, but no one had any information about it.

CM's comment was completely harmless, but if you wanna stay on the offensive, so be it.
My original post wasn't even directed at CM, I never quoted anybody. It was more of a response to Wowzers' "let set up a go-fund-me to pay for his medical bills."

But then CM decide to quote me with obviously bullshit rumours from 2018.

But whatever.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He said that in 2018.

How do you know that his health hasn't improved to the point that he's ready to comeback?

Based on false info about him not being able to walk? Based on info from 2018? 2014?

Even when Miura passed away, one of his editors released a tweet explaining his health situation, because they were extremely annoyed at people making ignorant assumptions about how he was in bad health and wasn't taking care of himself, when in fact, he was very healthy, but no one had any information about it.

My original post wasn't even directed at CM, I never quoted anybody. It was more of a response to Wowzers' "let set up a go-fund-me to pay for his medical bills."

But whatever.
I think it is clear that some people will feel unduly attacked if you say 'us readers dont care about this' in a general meaning. I think nobody here in this thread wants togashi to overwork himself or risk to get a covid infection.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
He said that in 2018.

But whatever.
I missed CM's 2018 walking comment, so that's on me. But I stand by that it's harmless.

To me, someone unknowingly overstating health issues and deliberately understating them are two very different things. As noro said, it's all about intentions.

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have the time to read this whole thread but here's this:

Kurapika basically put a seal and contract on Chrollo that sealed his Nen. Chrollo removed it with a Nen exorcist.

So my guess is that for Gon to unseal his ability he would need, a Nen exorcist. Now I wonder if in case this is true that he would need to bring Neferpitou back alive. I know for the guy who healed Chrollo, Kurapika needed to still be alive. Of course Gon made the contract with himself. But the contract was for the purpose of killing Pitou. So maybe they need to find a way to revive Pitou. Which I doubt they could do in this show. I have no damn clue. But that has a purpose because of Pariston and his Chimera Ants. And Pitou would lead them. Anyway, it seems Nen Exorcist is the thing that would be needed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I for sure want this series to continue. I love the Nen concept. Feels all One Piece like to me.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, it says that Gon couldn't be healed in his decayed state. But Alluka healed that. In his current capacity, maybe there is something an exorcist can do.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The format for this arc is pretty interesting, honestly I think with how many characters are being followed at once I think the more Jump SQish page length last chapter worked really well, but if 20 pages a month is all Ashihara can do than I'll gladly accept it, though in that case we better buckle up cause I could see this arc lasting a while.
I don't have the time to read this whole thread but here's this:

Kurapika basically put a seal and contract on Chrollo that sealed his Nen. Chrollo removed it with a Nen exorcist.

So my guess is that for Gon to unseal his ability he would need, a Nen exorcist. Now I wonder if in case this is true that he would need to bring Neferpitou back alive. I know for the guy who healed Chrollo, Kurapika needed to still be alive. Of course Gon made the contract with himself. But the contract was for the purpose of killing Pitou. So maybe they need to find a way to revive Pitou. Which I doubt they could do in this show. I have no damn clue. But that has a purpose because of Pariston and his Chimera Ants. And Pitou would lead them. Anyway, it seems Nen Exorcist is the thing that would be needed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I for sure want this series to continue. I love the Nen concept. Feels all One Piece like to me.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, it says that Gon couldn't be healed in his decayed state. But Alluka healed that. In his current capacity, maybe there is something an exorcist can do.
Hum, I doubt we will see Pitou again. I honestly feel that Gon's path now is different than before, with no shortcuts of sorts. Time will tell.