Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Technically if Togashi was (hard) at work, he would continue with the Twitter update trend he has started. Since there has been next to no updates, the chances of new chapters coming soon does not look good.
For all we know he could be doing drafts. Those take a lot of time and can't be posted online and without the draft you can't start the actual work. All the chapters we got recently were drafted years ago. It's not like he was coming up with the story since he posted on twitter.

Why people feel the need to be so insufferable with Togashi? I mean the guy has a condition since the 90's show a little empathy...
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Yeah, it's just impossible to know at this point since he's no longer doing batches of weekly releases.

The two windows to keep an eye on are the exhibitions in Osaka (July 15 - September 3) and Fukuoka (November 18 - January 14). With only 401 done (that we know of), and if he wants to get something of a backlog done, the latter is more likely now.

Though to go back to Drakrami's comment, it depends on what he meant by "soon".
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Basically, a friend of mori_yy4ever visited the Togashi family's shop, owned by his mother. And his mother said he is getting better.

Since Japanese people don't like to talk much about their private lives the friend didn't ask more questions.
That is how it should be. I hate this culture of looking at people through a damn microscopic lens.
I mean sure it's good to know that Togashi is getting better but I don't really need to know more than that.

Hell I don't even have to know that. I'll know he's better when the manga returns.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,666
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
The exhibition is next week, right? Besides possible news about the manga's return can we expect new stuff for the exhibition too? Like maybe something other than other Nen Proficienchy chart etc.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
The exhibition is next week, right? Besides possible news about the manga's return can we expect new stuff for the exhibition too? Like maybe something other than other Nen Proficienchy chart etc.
In Osaka, yeah. But I wouldn't expect any news about a return. I imagine the Kurapika's Memories release and merch like this that includes new content is meant to hold people over.



I wouldn't expect Chapter 401 and the Vol. 38 release until November at the earliest. The exhibition will be in Fukuoka from November 18 - January 14.

Oh, and I wouldn't expect anything new in general either. I guess they could have more mangaka do illustrations/messages, but that seems unlikely.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,666
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
In Osaka, yeah. But I wouldn't expect any news about a return. I imagine the Kurapika's Memories release and merch like this that includes new content is meant to hold people over.



I wouldn't expect Chapter 401 and the Vol. 38 release until November at the earliest. The exhibition will be in Fukuoka from November 18 - January 14.

Oh, and I wouldn't expect anything new in general either. I guess they could have more mangaka do illustrations/messages, but that seems unlikely.
So, exactly the same content as before but with new merch?

I didn't know there would be a third exhibition.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
So, exactly the same content as before but with new merch?

I didn't know there would be a third exhibition.
Yup. A few new merch items, a new photo spot and menu (see below), but everything else the same since it’s in a completely different city and most people will be going for the first time.



 

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
752
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
At this point... I think it is pretty obvious by now... Togashi just releases chapters (so there are 10 chapters to release a volume) so he can pay for bills. At the very least chapters are still high quality. Just gotta accept this fact and not invest too much anticipation into this manga (even though there aren't many quality mangas out there right now, sigh...)
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,067
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Togashi just releases chapters (so there are 10 chapters to release a volume) so he can pay for bills.
I'm pretty confident that Togashi can pay his bills with 0 chapter /per year for years. He is estimated to be one of the top 20 richest mangaka.

He's working at his pace and Im happy with that, thats why I believe his manga is still top quality.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've seen that line of reasoning multiple times, and it makes no sense every time.

But people being ignorant about something and then spreading misinformation about it? As usual, nothing new.
 

-Ume-

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Country
Germany
At this point... I think it is pretty obvious by now... Togashi just releases chapters (so there are 10 chapters to release a volume) so he can pay for bills. ...
Not only did Togashi became a millionaire with his manga but also his wife who is the creator of Sailor Moon - I'm sure they are still doing more than well financially...
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
At this point... I think it is pretty obvious by now... Togashi just releases chapters (so there are 10 chapters to release a volume) so he can pay for bills. At the very least chapters are still high quality. Just gotta accept this fact and not invest too much anticipation into this manga (even though there aren't many quality mangas out there right now, sigh...)
 

Drakrami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
752
Reaction score
420
Gender
Male
Country
Balearic Islands
I'm pretty confident that Togashi can pay his bills with 0 chapter /per year for years. He is estimated to be one of the top 20 richest mangaka.

He's working at his pace and Im happy with that, thats why I believe his manga is still top quality.
This is lame reasoning.

I don't buy that Togashi can work for 3-4 months, and then his back needs to rest for 1-2 years. Makes no sense medically lol. And it has been like that tendency for the past 10 years. Looks more like ok time to make a million or 2, and he goes to work for 10 chapters.

All those arguing he is already rich from Sailor Moon money. If you are old enough, you'll know however rich you are money is NEVER enough.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
This is lame reasoning.

I don't buy that Togashi can work for 3-4 months, and then his back needs to rest for 1-2 years. Makes no sense medically lol. And it has been like that tendency for the past 10 years. Looks more like ok time to make a million or 2, and he goes to work for 10 chapters.

All those arguing he is already rich from Sailor Moon money. If you are old enough, you'll know however rich you are money is NEVER enough.
I'll say it more bluntly this time: you have no clue what you're talking about.
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
This is lame reasoning.

I don't buy that Togashi can work for 3-4 months, and then his back needs to rest for 1-2 years. Makes no sense medically lol. And it has been like that tendency for the past 10 years. Looks more like ok time to make a million or 2, and he goes to work for 10 chapters.

All those arguing he is already rich from Sailor Moon money. If you are old enough, you'll know however rich you are money is NEVER enough.
He doesnt work just for 3 months then disappear for a year. In fact he works at his own pace during the hiatuses and only releases them when he ends up with 10 chapters completed. He probably only gets to properly rest for the few months we get these chapters released. For example chapter 401 is already completed as per his twitter but he is not going to release it until he reaches 410.

Also if you read his interviews from 2018 you can see how much he enjoys drawing the current arc and he talks about how he is finally free to draw the things he actually wants. So yeah you have no idea what you're talking about.
 
Top