Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 115 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ah, it's on Prime? I'll definitely check it out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can see why Togashi got intrigued by the series, heh.

I imagine he had this in mind when he gave us Ending D.

Last edited:

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
So i was reading this edgy manga and came across a very particular character design. What do you guys think, Togashi got inspired by this one?
And to be clear I'm totally okay with being inspired by other artists, maybe it's just a cool coincidence, but there's enough similarities 🦁

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Impossible to know for sure, but good find. I was trying to see if he had any of the volumes on his shelf in the Jump Ryu video, but I couldn't make any out. For those wondering, the series is Wolf Guy.

I also remembered that one of the guards working for / spying on Benjamin was named Wolfe (ヴォルフ). Possibly a little nod there.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

People will be able to try the game soon at EVO Japan. I like the pics for the characters, they look nice.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Base roster of 16 characters. I guess the 10 others will be:
  1. Chrollo.
  2. Genthru.
  3. Meruem.
  4. Pitou.
  5. Uvo.
  6. Biscuit.
  7. Youpi.
  8. Pouf.
  9. Feitan.
  10. Knuckle?
The top 6 will be in I am pretty sure. But they could replace other CAs with some Spiders, Shoot and Palm etc.

GREATFERNMAN notes on the characters and game mechanics.

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Looks pretty good. Glad that the base roster will have at least 16. I was worried it would only be like 9 or something given the shoestring budget.

So you think Genthru will make it in, huh? And no Kite?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Looks pretty good. Glad that the base roster will have at least 16. I was worried it would only be like 9 or something given the shoestring budget.

So you think Genthru will make it in, huh? And no Kite?
I don't see Kaito as a must in the base roster personally but Genthru is the big bad of Greed Island. I had forgotten about Razor too. I would put him in instead of Knuckle. Zeno is someone I can see in the base roster as well.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't see Kaito as a must in the base roster personally but Genthru is the big bad of Greed Island. I had forgotten about Razor too. I would put him in instead of Knuckle. Zeno is someone I can see in the base roster as well.
I think his abilities would work great in a fighting game, but I'm still skeptical of him getting in. Also, I bet someone $20 that he wouldn't. :P

Given how versatile his ability is, I'm really hoping Morel gets in, but if it's between him and Knuckle, I think Knuckle has the popularity edge.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Not gonna lie it looks a bit rough, but seeing all the little details got me smiling through the whole video :blai

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Machi is in I don't think I should expect Feitan.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Uvogin
Machi
Leorio's ultimate summons a podium to punch through? lmaooooo
I love how a single use of his ability to punch Ging is enough make an entire fighting character

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Base roster of 16 characters. I guess the 10 others will be:
  1. Chrollo.
  2. Genthru.
  3. Meruem.
  4. Pitou.
  5. Uvo.
  6. Biscuit.
  7. Youpi.
  8. Pouf.
  9. Feitan.
  10. Knuckle?
The top 6 will be in I am pretty sure. But they could replace other CAs with some Spiders, Shoot and Palm etc.
Base roster doesn't mean much nowaydays as these games get planned with some popular characters relegated to DLC, so I think expecting at least 18-19 characters in total would make sense.

so

confirmed:

1. Gon
2. Killua
3. Leorio
4. Kurapika
5. Hisoka
6. Netero
7. Uvogin
8. Machi

Guesses:

I think Chrollo and Meruem are a given and so should be Illumi. Biscuit seems also very likely due to the underrepresentation of females.

9. Illumi
10. Chrollo
11. Meruem
12. Biscuit

Assuming the game does have some kind of storyline following the Manga, Genthru and Razor would make the mosts sense so you can do Greed Island. Neither is really popular, but both also fit very well into a game like this...but I think only one will make the cut.

13. Genthru/Razor

Then Chimera Ant arc

14. Knuckle
15. Shoot.
16. Pitou

DLC (already in game data, you'll get screwed for sure):

17. Morel
18. Pouf
(19.Youpi?) - honestly not a popular guy but the one requiring the most effort to make. Might be a story boss only.

Further DLC would likely give:

Zoldycks:

Very likely: Silva, Zeno, Canary
Less likely: Tsubone, Gotoh, Kalluto
Unlikely: Milluki, Alluka, Maha, Kikyo

Spiders:

Very likely: Feitan, Phinks, Nobunaga, Shizuku
Less likely: Kalluto, Franklin, Shalnark, Bonolenov
Unlikely: Paknoda, Kortopi

others:

Ging Freecs - suppose you could do a copycat build. If the game pans the full animated story, he may already be in base as a secret unlock.
Kite

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Base roster doesn't mean much nowaydays as these games get planned with some popular characters relegated to DLC, so I think expecting at least 18-19 characters in total would make sense.

so

confirmed:

1. Gon
2. Killua
3. Leorio
4. Kurapika
5. Hisoka
6. Netero
7. Uvogin
8. Machi

Guesses:

I think Chrollo and Meruem are a given and so should be Illumi. Biscuit seems also very likely due to the underrepresentation of females.

9. Illumi
10. Chrollo
11. Meruem
12. Biscuit

Assuming the game does have some kind of storyline following the Manga, Genthru and Razor would make the mosts sense so you can do Greed Island. Neither is really popular, but both also fit very well into a game like this...but I think only one will make the cut.

13. Genthru/Razor

Then Chimera Ant arc

14. Knuckle
15. Shoot.
16. Pitou

DLC (already in game data, you'll get screwed for sure):

17. Morel
18. Pouf
(19.Youpi?) - honestly not a popular guy but the one requiring the most effort to make. Might be a story boss only.

Further DLC would likely give:

Zoldycks:

Very likely: Silva, Zeno, Canary
Less likely: Tsubone, Gotoh, Kalluto
Unlikely: Milluki, Alluka, Maha, Kikyo

Spiders:

Very likely: Feitan, Phinks, Nobunaga, Shizuku
Less likely: Kalluto, Franklin, Shalnark, Bonolenov
Unlikely: Paknoda, Kortopi

others:

Ging Freecs - suppose you could do a copycat build. If the game pans the full animated story, he may already be in base as a secret unlock.
Kite
I am not thinking about DLC right now. We don't know how much support this game will get after release.

Chrollo, Meruem and Biscuit are definitely in. I am not convinced for Illumi because of the lack of action scenes but they added Machi so who knows. Anyway, Zeno is a more likely pick than Illumi to me. Pitou is in for sure as well.

1. Chrollo.
  2. Meruem.
  3. Biscuit.
  4. Pitou.
  5. Zeno.
  6. Genthru.
  7. Razor.
  8. Knuckle.
Youpi wouldn't be hard to make at all. He has plenty of action scenes. Illumi, Zeno and maybe Kalluto are the only Zoldycks I can see in the game. And certainly not Ging.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I am not thinking about DLC right now. We don't know how much support this game will get after release.

Chrollo, Meruem and Biscuit are definitely in. I am not convinced for Illumi because of the lack of action scenes but they added Machi so who knows. Anyway, Zeno is a more likely pick than Illumi to me. Pitou is in for sure as well.

1. Chrollo.
  2. Meruem.
  3. Biscuit.
  4. Pitou.
  5. Zeno.
  6. Genthru.
  7. Razor.
  8. Knuckle.
Youpi wouldn't be hard to make at all. He has plenty of action scenes. Illumi, Zeno and maybe Kalluto are the only Zoldycks I can see in the game. And certainly not Ging.
I think you didn't understand me here. Games like these typically get developed with the first DLC already finished during the game's development. Has nothing to do with wether the game is going to be popular, but solely about locking parts of the gameplay behind an additional paywall. Sometimes this first DLC is also served as a pre-order deal.

If they want to atleast have an Arcade Mode loosely following the Manga plot, then 16 characters is not enough, especially when it includes Machi who is a clear quota addition and not an important character in the Manga so far.

Illumi is like the sixth or seventh most important character in the entire Manga. It's the main four, then Hisoka and then Illumi/Chrollo. If they have Leorio as a playable character, they should be able to do Illumi with ease.

Which is why I think Pouf/Morel make the most sense as the planned launch DLC.

Zeno is mostly Silva's sidekick, once he is also Netero's vehicle, but overall he is very minor character. Silva is cooler, and Canary would serve the plot more, but for that reason Nobunaga would actually make more sense than any Zoldyck.

That way they could tell the storyline like this:

Hunter Exam:

1. Gon or Killua vs Netero
2. Gon vs Hisoka

Zoldyck arc

1. Killua vs Illumi

Tower of Heaven

1. Gon vs Hisoka

Yorknew

1. Kurapika vs Uvogin
2. Gon/Killua vs Machi - this is where Nobunaga naturally should have been but he's not a girl so...

(or was it the other way round)

Greed Island

1. Gon/Killua vs Biscuit
2. Gon vs Genthru or Gon vs Razor. Genthru makes more sense from the narrative but I don't expect a strong narrative.

Chimera Ant arc

1. Gon/Killua vs Knuckle/Shoot
2. Knuckle/Shoot vs Yupi (Boss fight)
3. Netero vs Meruem
4. Gin vs Pitou.

Hunter election

1. Killua vs Illumi
2. Gon vs Hisoka.

I expect a text-based arcade rather than an animated storyline, so likely they shove in some filler battles as well that don't appear in the plot at all.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There is a questionnaire for people who played the demo and they asked who they would like as characters so I don't think the DLC characters are ready. I don't think they are done even with the base roster.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I think you didn't understand me here. Games like these typically get developed with the first DLC already finished during the game's development.
While this is 100% true for AAA fighting games (SF, TEKKEN, MK, etc) We already know that this HxH game it's pretty low budget so i'ts a big stretch to think they'll go the same route as multimillionaire companies.