Base roster of 16 characters. I guess the 10 others will be:
- Chrollo.
- Genthru.
- Meruem.
- Pitou.
- Uvo.
- Biscuit.
- Youpi.
- Pouf.
- Feitan.
- Knuckle?
The top 6 will be in I am pretty sure. But they could replace other CAs with some Spiders, Shoot and Palm etc.
Base roster doesn't mean much nowaydays as these games get planned with some popular characters relegated to DLC, so I think expecting at least 18-19 characters in total would make sense.
so
confirmed:
1. Gon
2. Killua
3. Leorio
4. Kurapika
5. Hisoka
6. Netero
7. Uvogin
8. Machi
Guesses:
I think Chrollo and Meruem are a given and so should be Illumi. Biscuit seems also very likely due to the underrepresentation of females.
9. Illumi
10. Chrollo
11. Meruem
12. Biscuit
Assuming the game does have some kind of storyline following the Manga, Genthru and Razor would make the mosts sense so you can do Greed Island. Neither is really popular, but both also fit very well into a game like this...but I think only one will make the cut.
13. Genthru/Razor
Then Chimera Ant arc
14. Knuckle
15. Shoot.
16. Pitou
DLC (already in game data, you'll get screwed for sure):
17. Morel
18. Pouf
(19.Youpi?) - honestly not a popular guy but the one requiring the most effort to make. Might be a story boss only.
Further DLC would likely give:
Zoldycks:
Very likely: Silva, Zeno, Canary
Less likely: Tsubone, Gotoh, Kalluto
Unlikely: Milluki, Alluka, Maha, Kikyo
Spiders:
Very likely: Feitan, Phinks, Nobunaga, Shizuku
Less likely: Kalluto, Franklin, Shalnark, Bonolenov
Unlikely: Paknoda, Kortopi
others:
Ging Freecs - suppose you could do a copycat build. If the game pans the full animated story, he may already be in base as a secret unlock.
Kite