Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I have decided to make a Anime-Thread for the new Anime of HxH, which will be started in fall.

So, here is some confirmed information about the new HxH-Anime:



HXH anime on Nippon Television.

Start Date: 2nd October 2011

Start Time: 11:55 (GMT+9)

by Madhouse

The supposed staff listing for the new anime, which was posted by 2ch:

Director: Kawajiri Yoshiaki
Assistant Director: Masuhara Mitsuyuki
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Minowa Yutaka
Chief Animation Director: Abe Hisashi, Miyamae Shinichi
Music: Ike Yoshihiro
Animation Production: Madhouse ( confirmed now )

Here is some "questions" about the anime, which we should get new information this week:

- It is a remake of the old TV-Series ? *confirmed*
- it is a continuation from the OVAs ? *busted*
- Who will be in the anime-stuff of HxH-Anime ? ( probably confirmed already, s. o. ) *busted*

The first new Information about new HxH-Anime !!!

According to Mainichi, the new Hunter x Hunter anime will start on October 2nd. Madhouse Studios will remake it from the beginning of the manga. The production staff and the voice cast are renewed. Nihon TV prepared a new programming block for the new anime at 10:55 am on Sundays.

Staff
Director: Kohjina Hiroshi
Series Composition: Maekawa Atsushi ("Prince of Tennis", "Bakugan" series)
Character Design: Yoshimatsu Takahiro
Program Producer: Nakatani Toshio ("Death Note", "Nana", "Kaiji")
 

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
703
Reaction score
99
Age
20
Gender
Hidden
Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]71821[/split]
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I've been listening to the Death Note soundtrack, and now I can't wait to hear the Hunter x Hunter ost for Yorknew. There's something magical about the Death Note ost that fits greatly with Yorknew imo. Since Hirano is behind both soundtracks. I'm confident we're going to be hearing some awesome new songs, like the one that plays during the nen introduction before the episode starts. :)


 
Last edited by a moderator:

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Beans said:
In this weeks episode Hisoka's shower scene was different than in the preview
Wow, I didn't realize. Why would they censor that? It's not like they were going to show anything below his waist anyway, so censoring in this case doesn't make much sense...
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Wow, I didn't realize. Why would they censor that? It's not like they were going to show anything below his waist anyway, so censoring in this case doesn't make much sense...
I don't think it was a case of censorship, appears more to be a simple last minute design change. Not really anything censored, if anything it shows the shape of Hisoka's body more this way. Also who doesn't use a shower curtain? Otherwise water will splash out everywhere haha. Makes more sense I think.
 

Refraction

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
125
Gender
Male
Country
Iceland
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I've been listening to the Death Note soundtrack, and now I can't wait to hear the Hunter x Hunter ost for Yorknew. There's something magical about the Death Note ost that fits greatly with Yorknew imo. Since Hirano is behind both soundtracks. I'm confident we're going to be hearing some awesome new songs, like the one that plays during the nen introduction before the episode starts. :)


I think both of those were done by the other Death Note composer, Taniuchi--the man that did most of the prevalent stuff, outside of Kyrie. I actually rather hope Mad House pulls him on board because he was responsible for all the cognitive music you got in Death Note--music that I feel would correlate more closely to the talkative and pensive quality of this series more than Hirano's relative bombast. One's mileage may vary, though, and I hope nobody slays me for feeling this way; I just looked through the old thread and emerged very afraid. My hair ended up sticking up and everything.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I think both of those were done by the other Death Note composer, Taniuchi--the man that did most of the prevalent stuff, outside of Kyrie. I actually rather hope Mad House pulls him on board because he was responsible for all the cognitive music you got in Death Note--music that I feel would correlate more closely to the talkative and pensive quality of this series more than Hirano's relative bombast. One's mileage may vary, though, and I hope nobody slays me for feeling this way; I just looked through the old thread and emerged very afraid. My hair ended up sticking up and everything.
I agree with you here. I think it's also a possibility as Madhouse could probably tap him for this quite easily.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Speaking of Death Note's soundtrack, there's a track in Hunter x Hunter that really reminds of this:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
^ I think you meant this one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I know many will hate me for saying this...

But I'm actually hoping that Kurapika vs Uvogin is less jazzy.
 

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I know many will hate me for saying this...

But I'm actually hoping that Kurapika vs Uvogin is less jazzy.
what do you mean by less "Jazzy"
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Last edited:

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I just realized the similitudes between Gon and Hisoka in this scene:
Both are willing to sacrifice a lot to enjoy the fight. And the fact that it was specifically an arm makes me think that Togashi had in mind Hisoka vs Kastro when he wrote Gon vs Gensuru.

Also both knew they could heal themself if they won (Gon had Angel's Breath and Hisoka had Machi), but what they did was crazy anyway.
 

ContractHunterMEMO

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Jazzy
jazz·y/ˈjazē/
Adjective:
1. Of, resembling, or in the style of jazz;
2. Informal Bright, colorful, and showy;
3. Informal Flashy or fancy;
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Hunter X Hunter Anime- Fall 2011

I just realized the similitudes between Gon and Hisoka in this scene:
Both are willing to sacrifice a lot to enjoy the fight. And the fact that it was specifically an arm makes me think that Togashi had in mind Hisoka vs Kastro when he wrote Gon vs Gensuru.

Also both knew they could heal themself if they won (Gon had Angel's Breath and Hisoka had Machi), but what they did was crazy anyway.
Genthru's clothes are also somewhat similar to Kastro (without a cape of course).
As I've said before, the battle with Genthru is incredibly important for Gon's character development, Genthru transforms Gon, releasing the monster inside of him. The reckless monster that the series had built up to since the very beginning. Genthru, a man that Gon admires for his own monstrousness brings Gon's inner beast to light. Genthru is really an amazing character. Both Genthru and Hisoka are the two enemies with the greatest effect on Gon (more so than Pitou in my opinion). I can hardly wait for Greed Island, I need to see Madhouse's version of the arc, I know they will do it right.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
A little trivia. As you may have noticed, they don't address Wing as "Sensei" 先生, they address him as "Shihandai" 師範代. Shihandai translates to "assistant instructor", while "Sensei" is translated as "Teacher" or "Doctor".
 

Refraction

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
125
Gender
Male
Country
Iceland

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Because it was praised a lot by the 1999 fans, I checked out Kurapika vs Hisoka fight.



First off, why change the order of the fights? The order in the final phase was based on impressions on Netero about the contestants, and that makes Gon and Hanzo the ones who impressed Netero the most. And this change makes Kurapika and Hisoka the most impressive ones rather than the second. Either that or this is another proof that Kurapika is the director's favorite character wand wasn't satisfied that he was second to last and not showing his fight in the manga and wanted to give some spotlight going against what Togashi wanted.



Is Kurapika being part of the Kurta's public knowledge now or something?



The fight starts, and it goes in a similar way to Hisoka's fight with Kastro with messing with the cards and try to distract Kurapika by commenting on his fighting style and the flying cards.



Then Hisoka talks and says that he's not a magician and doesn't use magic. Why does he reveal his secrets so early? Doesn't that goes against his fighting style with Kastro?




Kurapika gets excited for a bit, and says he'll use use pride in place of his broken sword. I thought the 1999 was supposed to be the mature shonen that doesn't use immature cliched lines out of BLEACH or any shonen filled with cliches.




The fight goes on, and we see some weird stuff. Kurapika slashes Hisoka in half and he turns into cards! Didn't the 1999 purists rage over a similar move in the 2011 version? Yet, we see here the 1999 pulls a similar trick!! The other thing is Hisoka's attack and the obvious error. For a moment we think Hisoka has stabbed Kurapika's left side, yet we see that he hit his right side and there's no blood. Not even a scratch. I thought the 1999 version is the more serious and more violent than the toned down kiddified new version!





The fight goes one, and Kurapika injures Hisoka with one his cards...... okay...? I think I'll buy that...! But that's not the weird part. The weird part is this:



To be honest, I can't describe this scene! It's like Hisoka is on drugs or something!! In the fourth test he was able to control himself, but here he's like about to lose it!!


So in my opinion... this is not one of the best fights.
 
Last edited:

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Because it was praised a lot by the 1999 fans, I checked out Kurapika vs Hisoka fight.



First off, why change the order of the fights? The order in the final phase was based on impressions on Netero about the contestants, and that makes Gon and Hanzo the ones who impressed Netero the most. And this change makes Kurapika and Hisoka the most impressive ones rather than the least. Either that or this is another proof that Kurapika is the director's favorite character wand wasn't satisfied that he was second to last and not showing his fight in the manga and wanted to give some spotlight going against what Togashi wanted.
I think Kurapika and Hisoka weren't the least who impressed Netero, their fight was the second fight after Gon vs. Hanzo, and they even had 4 chances to win, the ones who impressed Netero the lest must be Leorio and Bodoro.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top