- Joined
- Dec 18, 2011
- Messages
- 588
- Reaction score
- 362
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I have to agree that Gon probably is one of the best written in shounen heroes, I mean Edward Elric, shall I dare say, ain't got jack shit on Gon.
With most shounen heroes, its about over comming the dark side and coming out on top wether it be bitter or sweet. Hell even with some villan protaonists, like say... light yagami, from what I can tell is simply one of those examples where the dark side took over him and he failed at it.
The thing with Gon is that he's ambiguous. He's a gennerally nice person but really. Xellos. However he's not at all Evil. He's on normal occasions a childish ass, but at worse can be a anger driven monster who cares only to crush whatever's pissing him off. Its almost like a baby when they're in a tantrum. The thing is though is that Gon ultimatly dosn't know exactly where he stands and is pretty much just fluttering about like a leaf in the wind.
With most shounen heroes, its about over comming the dark side and coming out on top wether it be bitter or sweet. Hell even with some villan protaonists, like say... light yagami, from what I can tell is simply one of those examples where the dark side took over him and he failed at it.

The thing with Gon is that he's ambiguous. He's a gennerally nice person but really. Xellos. However he's not at all Evil. He's on normal occasions a childish ass, but at worse can be a anger driven monster who cares only to crush whatever's pissing him off. Its almost like a baby when they're in a tantrum. The thing is though is that Gon ultimatly dosn't know exactly where he stands and is pretty much just fluttering about like a leaf in the wind.






. Also, I agree that buying a book you can't read for a ripoff price (if we add high delivery costs) is at the very least impractical for most people and is hardly worth it.
Viz's done an almost perfect job in comparison...