- Joined
- Apr 8, 2011
- Messages
- 2,106
- Reaction score
- 1,585
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Actually I meant it more as a joke in that a lot of "fansubbers" just use Crunchyroll anyways.Agreed. I speak Japanese personally and watch Crunchyroll's subs with my brother (who does not speak Japanese) and I must say that are pretty accurate (despite some minor discrepancies) and are far better quality wise than any fansubbers out there. I recommend CR wholeheartedly.
---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------
I wasn't complaining about the layers.Madhouse has been using a lot of interesting animation techniques when it comes to HxH. I don't know how good your vision is, but the layers are really well done--far better than I'm used to seeing in animation. Their frequent use of background blur creates a greater sense of distance. Some shots even look 3D because the blur is so perfected:
![]()
![]()
Anyways, fantastic episode, as always. It seems that the stronger a practitioner of Nen is, their Ren gains color. Gon and Killua and Kastro and Zushi are all inexperienced, hence the white Ren. As one gets stronger, color will likely be added as it was for Riehlvelt. I never realized that Riehlvelt was the dominant member of the group until now, lol.
I was saying what if BEFORE the episode is put on tv (or crunchyroll) they had a layer of blood and then removed for tv and crunchyroll viewing?
In other words if they are using layers for the blood it makes it more likely that the dvds are uncensored or not as much
---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------
If this break means a double episode I will be VERY happy.

Especially since I'm probably going to miss next week anyways.
But a double episode means we get the entire Gon vs Hisoka fight. It also means more time for Madhouse to work on it. Which means better animation.

While I think Hisoka vs Gon is the best fight in the 1999 series. I hope Madhouse can step it up. Bungie gum should look better (as it has in Hisoka vs Kastro).
But also it will be nice to see if they use angles more suited to the manga. If you notice the 1999 Hisoka vs Gon used a lot of extreme close up views
and clever cropping so it would only have to animate so much. Example if Gon is punching Hisoka you might only see Gon's fists and Hisoka's face.
Whereas in the manga you'll see a mid distance shot. Not trying to bash the 1999 series here because Gon vs Hisoka was really good there.
But if Madhouse brings their game, it will be without a doubt a phenomenal episode.

