Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
38
Gender
Male
A magnificent episode. Let's see how it holds up...

First, the studio went back to use the Nen intro. I guess it's because the episode focuses on the final lesson and though it would be more fitting.



And since Madhouse has proven how excellent they are with the nen lessons, it does it again here with the Hatsu types and character analysis. The background used in the hatsu types scene was from the manga.





The turns for the Water Divination scene was by Rock-Paper-Scissors. That was not how it's done in the anime. The anime gave us dates for the training the same way they did with the previous episode.



Hisoka didn't wear that weird outfit we see in the manga. Instead...............................................




The final Water Divination scene was done different. In the manga it was Gon first and Killua second. The anime made it to be Killua first, Zushi second and Gon last. The manga didn't show Zushi's progress and I wanted to see it in the anime and they did fulfill my wish. Oh, and the glass did shatter in the manga. That was not an added touch by the studio to make it cool.




Then comes the graduation scene. The music gave it a somewhat mysterious mood about this secret exam. However, it got better and more heartwarming when they were talking about the others.




This scene wasn't included.



And now the moment we've all been waiting for. Gon x Hisoka. Their entry to the arena was so cool and is so pro-wrestling with the fire, the spotlights, the lasers and the smoke.



We got to see Hisoka's boner erection joygasm excitement scene. The background caption was done the same as the effects from the manga.




The fight starts, and the animation is superb! A lot has speculated and weren't sure if Madhouse was capable of giving us super animation fitting for the fights, and we can say this is where they put their effort in. Unfortunately, I can't show it to you with my still shots.



The fight was spot on like the manga, but they added this move.



The final moment was excellent. They kept Hisoka's thoughts on Gon whereabouts, as well as adapting Anime Law #3 - "Law of Dramatic Multiplicity" that says "Scenes that only happen once are seen at least 3 times from 3 different angles". As well as the silence afterwards. And by silence I don't mean no music, no. I mean no sound at all! This shows us how great of moment it is!


9.5/10



So wrong... SO... WRONG...!!!




Episode 41:
The hatsu lesson and water divination were in episode 41, right after the gyo lesson. In the manga, it was after the defeat of the Evil Trio. No major differences here, except the water was pouring normally in Gon's turn instead of trickling, and Zushi's leaf was staggering instead of little wiggles. A negative note here is the scene transition between the three turns. It was terrible the way they did and how it suddenly cuts with the nen vibration sound. And no rock-paper-scissors game either.




The old anime gave us a filler scene where Gon visits Wing on his own to show him his progress as well as asking him permission to fight Hisoka. Side note here, Wing tells Gon that he mastered water divination as if it was a special skill. That's not how it was meant to be in the manga.



Hisoka didn't have that outfit in the old anime either, but at least he got something on...!




Episode 44:
The results of the training were in episode 44, that's after Gon's fight with Hisoka and not before as the manga. The graduation scene was also after the results, but the old anime decided to make it after the final fight and was made as a real epilogue to the arc. And if you asked me, I liked it better. It had more emotions between the characters than the manga and the new anime.





The old anime didn't show this scene as well.



Episode 41:
Before going, Gon tries to tell Killua something ((after spanking his @$$)). This scene was not in the manga.



Hisoka's boner erection joygasm excitement scene wasn't depicted as the manga, but you can still see "something" extends from him...!




The fight starts, and here's the first problem: The old anime kept using the same sound effects over and over again without any differentiation. As if the sfx library is so poor they don't have much variety in sound effects!



Some differences in the attacks. In the manga, Gon wasn't able to dodge Hisoka's rising kick, and his elbow strike hit Gon's chest instead of his face.




Animation recycling with visual effects




Hisoka's feint attack was a little different. In the old anime it came from underside instead of straight forward.




Gon didn't act as immature as here.




When Gon was trying to trick Hisoka, he moved fast in a way he created afterimages. In the old anime, he just delivers a punch before going to rip the stone tile off the floor.




The old anime made Gon punch the tile before kicking it. The manga and the new anime made him use the one kick only.




In the manga, Hisoka was wandering in his mind on Gon whereabouts. The old anime didn't show us that. In my opinion, this is important and it shows that Gon did indeed had Hisoka there and wasn't a lucky shot.



Overall, the fight was indeed nicely animated, but the changes in events and the technical issues made it lower in rates.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Thank you for the comparison! I'm too lazy to look up how the 2011 anime fares with the manga and the '99 version, so I appreciate people like you and Popo who do comparisons like these. I suppose the rock-paper-scissors scene and the panel where Killua is helping Gon train was cut because of time restraints? Anywho, they don't affect the overall story much anyway.

I don't know what to feel about the Hunterpedia part. I'll pretend it never happened. :lmao

I like seeing Pokkle in this episode, even if briefly. Pokkle needs more love. Lol.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
That. Was. Just. Totally. Awesome.
10/10.
The only thing i found strange is...
Wasn't it that you're not supposed to LEARN specialization unless it is your initial category? It was mentioned that only Manipulators and Conjuers do have a chance. Well, nothing major still. I luv how they managed to show Hatsu types. It was very clear.

PS Huncyclopedia part was just hillarious xD
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Actually I preferred they did not mention that YET. Hatsu gets really complicated later and that's one of the reasons. After all, it did not mentions any percentages. Keeps the concept less confusing until more clarification. They're handling Nen quite, quite awesome.
BTW...You actually CAN learn it. Not by common means, but remember there is two Hatsus in life. One developed since birth and the other trough growth and personal experiences. Some of them can CHANGE everything about you and develop a completely new type.

AND GIF-MASSIVE ATTACK!
(I couldn't even organize them, so just enjoy them ALL. Note: Some of them are the same scene with different formats.)


















 
Last edited:

mak123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
520
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The episode was great, but the old one excited me more than this.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal


Incredible! The Gon vs Hisoka fight in the old anime is one of my favourite fights ever, but 2012 version has just surpassed it in every single way! Everything was so fluid and fast that by blinking you'd miss a whole lot of stuff. The intro to the fight featuring Gon and Hisoka's entrances was just legendary! I have so many great things to say about this episode that I'm having a real hard time writing them down xD. My only gripe with the fight is that it was short, but perhaps that's what made it so sweet. Actually sweet doesn't accurately describe the fight, the combat in this episode was beyond godly!

And I love how Madhouse described the different Hatsu specialities, made me kept wishing that I could be there discovering what my speciality is (wishful thinking). Oh, and is it weird that I kind of liked the fanservice xD? I guess I just really appreciate how Madhouse had to balls to show that stuff on morning television. Anyway Hisoka's got it, so why not flaunt it xD?

By the way guys, feel free to use image I made at the top. Actually I want you to use it! :XD
And here's an alternative one in case anyone wants it:

 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Schwing!!

Have you noticed that Gon was using Zetsu when he was about to punch Hisoka?

Yep, awesome attention to detail on the part of the animators!

Awesome episode! The animation for the fighting was excellent!! Wooooo!!
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How can this show keep up this quality. The artwork, animation, direction, everything was fantastic. The lack of music and just the sound of Hisoka and Gon clashing was what make it awesome. The build was fantastic as well. Madhouse has done the Hastu explanation very well too. Bring on next week.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States


Incredible! The Gon vs Hisoka fight in the old anime is one of my favourite fights ever, but 2012 version has just surpassed it in every single way! Everything was so fluid and fast that by blinking you'd miss a whole lot of stuff. The intro to the fight featuring Gon and Hisoka's entrances was just legendary! I have so many great things to say about this episode that I'm having a real hard time writing them down xD. My only gripe with the fight is that it was short, but perhaps that's what made it so sweet. Actually sweet doesn't accurately describe the fight, the combat in this episode was beyond godly!

And I love how Madhouse described the different Hatsu specialities, made me kept wishing that I could be there discovering what my speciality is (wishful thinking). Oh, and is it weird that I kind of liked the fanservice xD? I guess I just really appreciate how Madhouse had to balls to show that stuff on morning television. Anyway Hisoka's got it, so why not flaunt it xD?

By the way guys, feel free to use image I made at the top. Actually I want you to use it! :XD
And here's an alternative one in case anyone wants it:

You sir, are a saint. I am so taking this and abusing it.

Shazooom.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
This week the animation director was Tomoko Mori. He also made episode 10 and 25. i.e. Hisoka's fight in the Trick Tower and Gotoh's coin game.
So, I think that we can already consider him the best animator that the series has right now.
 
Last edited:

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
In my opinion in second place would be Yoshihiro Sugano, who made the begining of Gon vs Gido (episode 28) and the awesome episode 34.

And the 3rd one would be Takahiko Abiru, he made Gon vs Gido (episode 29).
The begining of Gon vs Gido was in episode 29.So it was Takahiko Abiru who was Animation Director.
He will also be, the AD in charge of next episode.
The Episode director will be Masaharu TOMODA (episode 29). And the storyboard and screenplay will be the same guys as this week's episode (Satoshi NISHIMURA and Shoji YONEMURA)
So we can expect a really good episode, even if it's not as awesome as this week's episode.


I agree with you on Tomoko Mori being the best AD of HxH yet. (Episode 25 wasn't the "Kanaria filler", but the coin game with Gotoh (still really good) ).
 
Last edited:

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Wow I finally saw the episode, it was breaktaking!! Literally! I was holding my breath during the action sequences, a blink of an eye and you'll miss something. It's so fluid and well directed. The sound design, the details...everything is great. What I've been loving Madhouse's action scenes was the sense of space. The battle space always feel big and you can really the distance and closeness. Here it's done superbly, how Gon approach Hisoka...going around him....you can really feel that spacial relationship. That kinda of sense of space is something the old anime failed to portray (the framing always seemed too close in). The new version overdid my expectation and I can't wait to rematch the sequence again. It totally blew the old version away.

On a side note, Hisoka's fanservice scene is EXACTLY why I'm not ashamed to enoy fanservice for males. Girls have THEIR FANSERVICE(This hisoka scene) and us men have our OWN fanservice. If Girls have to avert their eyes for FS for men Like I had to for this one that was CLEARLY for the ladies(or some males. O_0) Then honestly, all the complaints I've been hearing about the issue officially mean SHIT to me. Not to start a war nor debate. Just sayin'.
Hm... I don't find Hisoka's scenes as too fanservicecy because he IS an exhibitionist and weirdo. That's part of his character. At least the scene has some purpose other than titulation and gratification...it is to show the wtf and creepy factor of his character. I have to roll my eye that you imply this as some kinda justification and somehow equated (oh yay girls have won our equal right) to the entire chunks of anime industry that has devoted itself to satisfy the male gaze thru female objectifications and sexualization. As if this one scene alone totally cancel out how skewed anime has always been in catering to male desires and voyeurism.

Furthermore there's a huge difference between showing an already creepy character who's full of erotic-puns in his creepy eroticized self, versus showing a demure, innocent looking young girl having her dressed flew up by the wind to expose her crotch area/gratuitious shower nude scenes/accidental boob exposure for male hero to fondle/grab. How about justified the male oriented fan service when Hunter x Hunter started to eroticize (not just jokey, innocent bath time) Gon and Killua, i.e.: by having them accidentally drop their pants once awhile exposing their ass for titulation purposes, having their penis being touched accidentally and have them blushed and screamed for humiliation, etc. Now THAT's equivalent of the fanservice done to female characters in the history of anime.
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This week the animation director was Tomoko Mori. He also made episodes 10 and 25. i.e. Hisoka's fight in the Trick Tower and Canaria's fight in the flashback.
So, I think that we can already consider him the best animator that the series has right now.

In my opinion in second place would be Yoshihiro Sugano, who made the begining of Gon vs Gido (episode 28) and the awesome episode 34.

And the 3rd one would be Takahiko Abiru, he made Gon vs Gido (episode 29).

Animation Directors by episode

Episode 1--Mai Ishii
Episode 2--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 3--Gi Nam KIM Daisuke YOSHIDA Satoshi TASAKI
Episode 4--Tomoko MORI
Episode 5--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 6--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 7-- Mai Ishii
Episode 8-- Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 9--Daisuke YOSHIDA Kil Yong JANG
Episode 10--Tomoko MORI
Episode 11--Boo Hee LEE Jin Woo WOO
Episode 12--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 13--Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 14--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 15--Mai Ishii
Episode 16--Mika TAKAHASHI Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 17--Kil Yong JANG
Episode 18--Tomoko MORI
Episode 19--Boo Hee LEE Min-seob SHIN
Episode 20--Tomohiro KOYAMA Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 21--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 22--Mai Ishii
Episode 23--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 24--Kil Yong JANG Kwon YUN-HUI
Episode 25--Tomoko MORI
Episode 26--Daisuke YOSHIDA
Episode 27--Chang Hee WON Min-seob SHIN
Episode 28--Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 29--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 30--Mai Ishii
Episode 31--Mika TAKAHASHI
Episode 32--Kil Yong JANG
Episode 33--Chang Hee WON Min-seob SHIN
Episode 34--Yoshihiro SUGANO
Episode 35--Tomoko MORI
Episode 36--Takahiko ABIRU
Episode 37--Mai Ishii


It seems like that we get the same animation director about every 7 episodes.
 
Last edited:

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The begining of Gon vs Gido was in episode 29.So it was Takahiko Abiru who was Animation Director.
He will also be, the AD in charge of next episode.
The Episode director will be Masaharu TOMODA (episode 29). And the storyboard and screenplay will be the same guys as this week's episode (Satoshi NISHIMURA and Shoji YONEMURA)
So we can expect a really good episode, even if it's not as awesome as this week's episode.


I agree with you on Tomoko Mori being the best AD of HxH yet. (Episode 25 wasn't the "Kanaria filler", but the coin game with Gotoh (still really good) ).
Oh, you're right. I wrote it by rote, I didn't check the episodes.
Well, I'll change my last message to avoid confusion.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I predict that next episode will be directed by...Takahiko ABIRU director of 6, 14, 21, 29

I think next time we see 35 director Tomoko MORI will be episode 42
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I rather enjoyed all of Mai Ishii episodes as well. It seems that his next episode would be Kaito flashback. Looking forward to it even more =D
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I predict that next episode will be directed by...Takahiko ABIRU director of 6, 14, 21, 29

I think next time we see 35 director Tomoko MORI will be episode 42
I say the animation highlights for Abiru are

1. Pokkle's arrow (which had nicely animated blood)
2. Gon breaking Illumi's arm
3. Gon and Killua walking through Hisoka's barrier
4. the beginning of Gon vs Gido...especially when Gon does that flip
5. Netero's jump (the smoke looks nice)


What I'm expecting

1. Violence will be good
2. effects like bungee gum will be great
3. animation may not be as fast paced but will still be good

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

The begining of Gon vs Gido was in episode 29.So it was Takahiko Abiru who was Animation Director.
He will also be, the AD in charge of next episode.
The Episode director will be Masaharu TOMODA (episode 29). And the storyboard and screenplay will be the same guys as this week's episode (Satoshi NISHIMURA and Shoji YONEMURA)
So we can expect a really good episode, even if it's not as awesome as this week's episode.


I agree with you on Tomoko Mori being the best AD of HxH yet. (Episode 25 wasn't the "Kanaria filler", but the coin game with Gotoh (still really good) ).

wait...how do you get this info?

Nevermind on my prediction then. :P
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hm... I don't find Hisoka's scenes as too fanservicecy because he IS an exhibitionist and weirdo. That's part of his character. At least the scene has some purpose other than titulation and gratification...it is to show the wtf and creepy factor of his character. I have to roll my eye that you imply this as some kinda justification and somehow equated (oh yay girls have won our equal right) to the entire chunks of anime industry that has devoted itself to satisfy the male gaze thru female objectifications and sexualization. As if this one scene alone totally cancel out how skewed anime has always been in catering to male desires and voyeurism.

Furthermore there's a huge difference between showing an already creepy character who's full of erotic-puns in his creepy eroticized self, versus showing a demure, innocent looking young girl having her dressed flew up by the wind to expose her crotch area/gratuitious shower nude scenes/accidental boob exposure for male hero to fondle/grab. How about justified the male oriented fan service when Hunter x Hunter started to eroticize (not just jokey, innocent bath time) Gon and Killua, i.e.: by having them accidentally drop their pants once awhile exposing their ass for titulation purposes, having their penis being touched accidentally and have them blushed and screamed for humiliation, etc. Now THAT's equivalent of the fanservice done to female characters in the history of anime.
In hindsight I completely agree with the second half of this post, but really the point of me typing that in the first place was that it was a off put thought I had on said issue and how I really don't care about it one way or the other. That was all.

I'm not trying or insunuating anything about womens rights, but what I'm saying is that theres one spectrum of fanservice and then there's another. We can continue the discussion in PM's if you wish but that is all I'm saying on the matter in this forum. Period.

-EDIT-

Getting back on topic, I'm LOVING my new Gif sig!

I really should start making mots again, I literally have a SHITTON of material to work with from all the backed up eps XP
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top