Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Also how did you think the animation was? Keep in mind this episode wasn't very action packed.
I like the animation when they were running and Gon jumped ahead of Killua. And also when they were trying to open the box.

Hm... I agree, there wasn't a lot of action here. I think I was more interested in the backgrounds, expressions, and direction this time around, since this is basically down time for Gon and Killua. The ambiance is what's important for me in this episode.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
one thing that I've enjoyed about Madhouse's anime of HxH is unlike the Nippon version they have restrained from showing the scarlet eyes too much.

I mean I think for Madhouse so far it's been

1. On the ship to Dolle Island
2. Explanation on stair case (we just see an eyeball)
3. vs Majitani

Whereas the Nippon version showed the scarlet eyes much more from up until this point. I'll have to go through the episodes to see just how much.

But I think by not adding in a bunch of scarlet eye material it's gonna make the return of them (hopefully Kurapika vs Uvogin) that much more rewarding.

on the flip side. I enjoyed how the Nippon series showed Kurapika's earrings more.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Well I say the chances of seeing Kite in Whale Island now are close to zero.

Right now we are on Episode 37. Next is 38 on the 8th. Then 39 on the 15th.

Phantom Troupe Arc begins on Episode 39 on the 15th.

Episode 38 will be Chapters 66 and 69 and will finish the Whale Island Arc. There is little chance there will be time for a Kite flashback.
Episode 37 was the best chance for a Kite Flashback. However not only did they not have a flashback but they took out all traces of him.
As much as I dislike it. For the time being. Kite simply does not exist in this anime. Except for the opening.

Episode 39 is gonna be the Flesh Collector's Mansion. Now they could theoretically do half of the mansion arc and Kite flashback. But that's very unlikely.
It's clear that the whole reason they moved Chapter 69 ahead is so they could animate the entire Flesh Collector's Mansion in one episode.

So very likely we won't see Kite until the end of Greed Island.

I hate it as much as the rest of you. But I guess that's how it is.

Anywho let's enjoy what they do show us. Even without Kite the series has been pretty darn good.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Somehow, I don't care much about Kaito's abscence (please don't kill me), but if he doesn't show up before Genei Ryodan arc, his abscence will still go onto my list of things that the new anime screwed up. There aren't many things on it as of yet (the testing gate scene being the most prominent), but unfortunately the list is not blank either. The hardest part for the new anime will still be Yorkshin, imo; my overall impression will heavily depend on how Madhouse handles that. I'll even say that if that arc turns out as good as in the old anime, I'll buy the Blurays even if they're kinda expensive.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
one thing that I've enjoyed about Madhouse's anime of HxH is unlike the Nippon version they have restrained from showing the scarlet eyes too much.

I mean I think for Madhouse so far it's been

1. On the ship to Dolle Island
2. Explanation on stair case (we just see an eyeball)
3. vs Majitani

Whereas the Nippon version showed the scarlet eyes much more from up until this point. I'll have to go through the episodes to see just how much.

But I think by not adding in a bunch of scarlet eye material it's gonna make the return of them (hopefully Kurapika vs Uvogin) that much more rewarding.

on the flip side. I enjoyed how the Nippon series showed Kurapika's earrings more.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Well I say the chances of seeing Kite in Whale Island now are close to zero.

Right now we are on Episode 37. Next is 38 on the 8th. Then 39 on the 15th.

Phantom Troupe Arc begins on Episode 39 on the 15th.

Episode 38 will be Chapters 66 and 69 and will finish the Whale Island Arc. There is little chance there will be time for a Kite flashback.
Episode 37 was the best chance for a Kite Flashback. However not only did they not have a flashback but they took out all traces of him.
As much as I dislike it. For the time being. Kite simply does not exist in this anime. Except for the opening.

Episode 39 is gonna be the Flesh Collector's Mansion. Now they could theoretically do half of the mansion arc and Kite flashback. But that's very unlikely.
It's clear that the whole reason they moved Chapter 69 ahead is so they could animate the entire Flesh Collector's Mansion in one episode.

So very likely we won't see Kite until the end of Greed Island.

I hate it as much as the rest of you. But I guess that's how it is.

Anywho let's enjoy what they do show us. Even without Kite the series has been pretty darn good.
Actually the Troupe arc begins with episode 40.
39 is 100% not going to be Flesh Collectors. That is the 'beginning' of the Troupe arc and will be on episode 40.
39 will be a conclusion to Whale Island with Gon and Killua leaving it. It's really as simple as that. It's just logic.
They never said episode 39 is Troupe Arc, Troupe arc begins on the 22nd, which is episode 40. No way would they randomly begin a major arc on the end of a cour, they would begin it on the beginning of a cour.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually the Troupe arc begins with episode 40.
39 is 100% not going to be Flesh Collectors. That is the 'beginning' of the Troupe arc and will be on episode 40.
39 will be a conclusion to Whale Island with Gon and Killua leaving it. It's really as simple as that. It's just logic.
They never said episode 39 is Troupe Arc, Troupe arc begins on the 22nd, which is episode 40. No way would they randomly begin a major arc on the end of a cour, they would begin it on the beginning of a cour.
Bot ANN and Crunchyroll list July 15th as the start of the Phantom Troupe Arc this is Episode 39. Where are you getting 22nd and Episode 40?
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
^I also think that Genei Ryodan arc starts on July 22, and I'm prepared to patiently wait till almost the end of July. Now I remember why I believe so: this post some dozen pages back. On the pic it says 'broadcast July 22'.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I remember them annoucing the arc starting on 15/7 with Troupe's debut on 22/7. Now that makes sense if 15/7 is Collector's Mansion and 22/7 is Yorkshin already. But Collecor's Mansion leaves space for Kaito actually. And even if not, it is nothing strange for them to start a new arc from episode 39 if there's no recap in both 39 and 52. They didn't include ep 13 and 26 in their DVD so their cours are simply 12 ep long, not 13.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,707
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes they said York Shin arc will start on 15/7 when Phantom Troupe cast was announced. For the pics i thought it said that Phantom Troupe will appear on 22/7,which would correspond to chapters 70-71.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Bot ANN and Crunchyroll list July 15th as the start of the Phantom Troupe Arc this is Episode 39. Where are you getting 22nd and Episode 40?
The original Japanese source which is a few pages back. ANN and Crunchyroll mistranslated the end of one arc as the beginning of another. Just a heads up is alll, It's pretty commonly known that episode 40 (the beginning of the 4th season/cour) is the beginning of the Phantom Troupe arc.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Somehow, I don't care much about Kaito's abscence (please don't kill me), but if he doesn't show up before Genei Ryodan arc, his abscence will still go onto my list of things that the new anime screwed up. There aren't many things on it as of yet (the testing gate scene being the most prominent), but unfortunately the list is not blank either. The hardest part for the new anime will still be Yorkshin, imo; my overall impression will heavily depend on how Madhouse handles that. I'll even say that if that arc turns out as good as in the old anime, I'll buy the Blurays even if they're kinda expensive.
About the testing gate scene, isn't weird to know that Leorio was able to open the second gate after 10 days of training, and Killua after training for almost his whole life was only able to open the third gate? does that mean Leorio will be able to open the third gate if he trains for let's say a month?
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
^I also think that Genei Ryodan arc starts on July 22, and I'm prepared to patiently wait till almost the end of July. Now I remember why I believe so: this post some dozen pages back. On the pic it says 'broadcast July 22'.
I remember them annoucing the arc starting on 15/7 with Troupe's debut on 22/7. Now that makes sense if 15/7 is Collector's Mansion and 22/7 is Yorkshin already. But Collecor's Mansion leaves space for Kaito actually. And even if not, it is nothing strange for them to start a new arc from episode 39 if there's no recap in both 39 and 52. They didn't include ep 13 and 26 in their DVD so their cours are simply 12 ep long, not 13.
Yes they said York Shin arc will start on 15/7 when Phantom Troupe cast was announced. For the pics i thought it said that Phantom Troupe will appear on 22/7,which would correspond to chapters 70-71.
The start of Yorknew arc doesn't necessary mean the Phantom Troupe will appear the same episode. Remember, we have Kurapika and the rest of guards debuts.

July 8th - episode 38 is a continuation for the Whale Island arc
July 15th - episode 39 will be the start of Yorknew arc with Kurapika's return
July 22nd - Phantom Troupe debut
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
^Yeah, I totally agree. That was what I was saying.
Well, we will see for sure how is it gonna be in this week episode's preview.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Maybe kinda off-topic, but this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nxjjztQKtY reminded me of Gon with his non-failing Janken strategy xD
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,707
Reaction score
61,409
Gender
Male
Country
France
The start of Yorknew arc doesn't necessary mean the Phantom Troupe will appear the same episode. Remember, we have Kurapika and the rest of guards debuts.

July 8th - episode 38 is a continuation for the Whale Island arc
July 15th - episode 39 will be the start of Yorknew arc with Kurapika's return
July 22nd - Phantom Troupe debut
That's what i was saying...
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Wow, great job for Whale Island that realizes the best rating since the beginning of Heaven Arena with 4.3% ! (3.3 last week)
 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Thank you for sharing Chain Bastard.
The Show has never been in Top 10 and never exceeded 4% since the last recap. (Recap are bad :no)
I hope it's the beginning of more great ratings. (especially for the York New arc).

York Shin ratings will beat One Piece:hip.
I hope so too, but you know it's almost impossible. More than 9 - 10 % is too awesome.
My body isn't ready for that. :derp
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Keep those great ratings coming! I want to see them make it to at least where the current hiatus starts. :) Which I believe gives us 3.25 years for the show (13 cours)
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
York Shin CAN do it ! Go Ryodan ! Go Kurapika ! Come on, you can beat the 5%! =D

(Oh, and for those interested, all H.A !)

27) 2.7 %
28) 3.5 %
29) 3.1 %
30) 2.9 %
31) 3.7 %
32) 3.1 %
33) 3.7 %
34) 3.7 %
35) 3.8 %
36) 3.3 %
37) 4,3 %
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
The original Japanese source which is a few pages back. ANN and Crunchyroll mistranslated the end of one arc as the beginning of another. Just a heads up is alll, It's pretty commonly known that episode 40 (the beginning of the 4th season/cour) is the beginning of the Phantom Troupe arc.
This is just wrong.

"ますます盛り上がる新シリーズ「幻影旅団編」は、いよいよ7月15日からスタートです!"
from the official site's news page.
roughly: "The action of the new series grows with the start of the Phantom Troupe arc on July 15th."
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top