Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
One thing I find a little off with Chrollo's new design is his boots. Maybe it's just the way he's standing in that character design sheet, but I just don't like how everything below his knees looks.
 

SHINOBI-03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
839
Reaction score
2,420
Age
37
Gender
Male
Some weird color patterns aside, the rest are OK, most of them are even better than I expected, although I don't quite get blue bandages and lilac skin for Bonolenov.
Believe it or not, that's his skin color in the cover as well. Even I didn't notice it before seeing his design. The same goes to Shalnark's cloths and hair color.





---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

To the followers of my weekly comparisons, please answer the following:

  • Are you satisfied with the current format I use?
  • Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?
  • When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?
  • Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?
  • Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?
  • When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Are you satisfied with the current format I use?

Yes. I have no complaints. I appreciate reading your comparisons in any format.

Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?

I prefer the three-way comparisons because it really emphasizes the difference amongst the three (2011, 1999, and manga). Two separate comparisons were okay for the last arc because they changed the chronology events. But I think three-way will work better for the Yorkshin arc. Haven't watched the '99 adaptation of it, but it seems solid and was pretty much regarded as a masterpiece. That's where Nippon really pulled out the big guns and gained the show popularity. In contrast, I see Yorkshin as something Madhouse needs to do well. It's where Madhouse will basically prove themselves since a lot of fans fell in love with HxH through Yorkshin.

Just as well, the arc in manga format was excellent in my opinion. I heard Kurapika was different in the '99 anime compared to the manga. I want to see the contrast amongst the three: cold Kurapika in the manga, allegedly 'emo' Kurapika in the '99, and let's-see-how-Madhouse-will-do-this Kurapika in the remake. And the endings too.

But I don't mind if you do separate comparisons. Whatever is easier for you.

When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?

Any. I'm not picky. Whatever you think is better.

Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?

They're alright for me. As long as it's not too big that I have to scroll down longer than I should. But again, not picky.

Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?

Hrm... can there be some middle ground to this? I actually want to know about the filler scenes just so I know what changes and additions both animes made/will make to the story. I guess I don't mind ignoring them, and I don't want a super detailed analysis either. But if there's something of importance to the fillers (will lead to changing future events, changes in characterization, made Kurapika or some other character OOC, etc...), I'd like a small heads up at least.

When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?

I want it to be relevant to the remake unless something important happened to the skipped episodes that needs to be mentioned.


I hope that helps.
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
For French fans : the first DVD comes out in September ! :mono I'm soo excited to hear the dubbed version !

 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Believe it or not, that's his skin color in the cover as well. Even I didn't notice it before seeing his design. The same goes to Shalnark's cloths and hair color.





---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

To the followers of my weekly comparisons, please answer the following:

  • Are you satisfied with the current format I use? Yes it seems well and good. Though if others want change I'm not opposed to it
  • Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?

    I think both vs the manga is good because that's what it is supposed to be.
  • When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?

    For simplicity sake use Viz. They have easier to understand translations but if you feel like it's important to get something more literal use something else .
  • Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?

    Should be right size
  • Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?

    I love in-depth analysis on anything Hunter x Hunter.
  • When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?

    Yes I think this is good. I like to know what we're missing or what was changed or what went where.
seriously thanks for doing the comparisions

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

to be honest for all the crap I'm giving Chrollo on his design I'm probably gonna end being his number one fan by the end of episode 41. :P

It's the anticipation that's killing me. XD
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Are you satisfied with the current format I use?
Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?
When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?
Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?
Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?
When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?

What I would say in response would just echo Cinnabar's answers. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work! I enjoy reading them every week. :)

One thing though...as far as the manga scans, I'd prefer any translation in English versus Japanese so I could read the translated manga dialogue as well. Whether it's a Edited Manga or Viz's translation doesn't matter to me.
 

MrShubblez

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
^Sounds even more epic than the TV version, thanks for the link :)

@SHINOBI-03: I love reading your comparisons, everytime I finish an episode I search for one of your comparisons :)
I also prefer the three-way comparisons because you have everything at one spot and it's easier to compare. I also really like the format and the size you use. In my opinion, you don't have to make an in-depth-analysis of filler scenes, because i'm not really interested in them.

Is anyone else wondering how Madhouse will handle Uvogin vs. Shadow Beasts? I'm really looking forward to this episode :zomg
 
Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Is anyone else wondering how Madhouse will Uvogin vs. Shadow Beasts? I'm really looking forward to this episode
Same here. Madhouse will probably censor some of it, but I hope they at least maintain the same feel and integrity that the manga had for the fight.

I've been waiting for the release of Hunting for your Dream. Shame I have to wait until work's over to listen to it.
 

MrShubblez

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As long as they show the fight, and the atmosphere resembles the original, I'm satisfied.
I am also looking forward to
Chrollo vs Silva and Zeno, because:

- It's my favourite battle/scene of the old version's Yorkshin arc
- I want to see how Madhouse presents the techniques they use
- This epic shot of Chrollo:

http://www.manga-access.com/manga/H/Hunter_x_Hunter/chapter/98/13
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Same here. Madhouse will probably censor some of it, but I hope they at least maintain the same feel and integrity that the manga had for the fight.

I've been waiting for the release of Hunting for your Dream. Shame I have to wait until work's over to listen to it.
I'm going in with the idea of having no idea how Madhouse will do violence wise for anything to come
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Be mindful of the spoilers. There are some people in here that never read/seen HxH prior to the 2011 series. I'm not one of them, just saying.
 
Last edited:

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

To the followers of my weekly comparisons, please answer the following:

[*]Are you satisfied with the current format I use?
Yes.

[*]Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?
The actual, fractioned form.

[*]When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?
The easier for you =]

[*]Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?
They are fine as they are. Has anyone complained before? o.õ?

[*]Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?
Your call. I enjoy your comments and observations on the fillers, though I don't pay to much attention to them myself when watching them.

[*]When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?
This is certainly better for a understandment of the animes when compared to the manga.

Also, thanks for making the comparisons! It's one of the things that keep me coming here since the manga entered in hiatus ^^
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm going in with the idea of having no idea how Madhouse will do violence wise for anything to come
Me too. Though I think we'll have at least a little taste of what they'll do in the next episode.
 

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
To the followers of my weekly comparisons, please answer the following:

  • Are you satisfied with the current format I use?
  • Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?
  • When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?
  • Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?
  • Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?
  • When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?
What I would say in response would just echo Cinnabar's answers. You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work! I enjoy reading them every week and looks forward to them the most after watching the episode!. Thanks you very much for taking your own time for us :)!!!!
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Me too. Though I think we'll have at least a little taste of what they'll do in the next episode.
Which is exactly what I am waiting for.

The butlers death is pretty brutal in the manga.

Remember that the Nippon version did NOT show the butler's death.


How Madhouse treats the scene will give us a good idea of how the arc will be. I think.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
To the followers of my weekly comparisons, please answer the following:

  • Are you satisfied with the current format I use?
  • Would you like comparing the two anime versions with the manga as two separate comparisons (Comparing one version to the manga) like my current format or a three-way comparison in one post (Like what I did with episode 31)?
  • When using a panel from the manga, would you prefer the translation of Viz's releases or the Edited Mangas or leave them without translations?
  • Are my screencaps the right size or they need to be bigger or smaller?
  • Do you prefer an in-depth analysis of the filler scenes or ignore them because they are filler and should focus on manga content?
  • When comparing the old anime, do prefer to make it relevant to what's in the new version and that includes skipping scenes that are shown yet in the new one (For example in episodes 37 and 38 I skipped all of Kurapika's scenes because they weren't shown yet in the new anime)?
Since some of the earlier post have cover what I want to say.There isn't really a need for me to give a reply. I'm okay with the current format you're using.
I'm just grateful that there is someone who is writing a review comparing both version of the anime.:)
So,thanks for taking your time to write it.

 

bobop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
196
Reaction score
319
Gender
Male
Country
Reunion
Where are the "Pharaoh clothes" of Phinks ?
Just because, he wear it only 1 time, Madhouse is being lazy about it.
Seriously, the laziness about clothes is one of the few things i dislike in Madhouse version.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top