Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Amazing episode!!! The Butler's death was even better then the manga! Friggen love mad House and the series!
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The butlers death was hilarious, hell the instant lover scene was even more hilarious, I just loved Kurapika and basho's reactions! We need gifs! we need mot raws! XD

I also loved how the begining scuffle was animated it looked nice! Even Basho's OST track. Even if its placement was quesionable, its oddly fitting and quite fun at the same time too. I also enjoyed Kurapika's walk into the darkness as he relayed to himself how much we wanted his VENGENCE!!

I can't say I have any real gripes with this ep!
9/10
 

Meso

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay I'm gonna be real. THIS EPISODE WAS BAD. ASS! I now know what you guys meant by the Butler. That poor bastard got fucked up. And I actually didn't pay much attention to the two plants, because I was ready to see some Kurapika action. Basho has got a pretty badass nen ability. Especially when he involved fire with it. >:D That just made me like it more. The animation for him catching the bullets was top notch!
Melody is becoming more cute in my eyes now. Baise is hot. The other two. Welp I guess they're expendable cause I don't give two damns. xD I was really hoping to see a new intro though. It'd be fantastic if they got the rights to use Pale Ale. But that's second to impossible. :P A boy can dream though. Neon is certainly beautiful. o-o I like how she looks and I AM READY TO SEE THE SPIDERS!!!! :D And I really doubt they will be able to top Hunting For Your Dream. It's sooo great. o.o It sets the mood for the show.. xD I haven't gotten tired of it yet. Departure however. Needs to go. :no
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the episode was good but my major gripe is the placement of the ost throughout the episode. I'd elaborate more on my likes and dislikes but... I'm just not in the mood.

7/10

Neon looks adorable with blue hair :)
 
Last edited:

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Mrhm, I have mixed feelings for this episode. On one hand, the animations looked good and I can't really complain with the overall direction. It was enjoyable to watch. On the other hand, the pacing was a bit dragging. And the music seemed both fitting and unfitting at the same time. I don't know how to explain this. It's like... it wasn't jarring, but it could have been better-placed. And some really did sound both fitting and unfitting. I hope that makes sense.

Overall, excellent episode. If a bit awkward.

I think the pacing is like this for a number of reasons. Maybe they're trying to really establish the Nostrade employees, so they're dedicating two episodes for them. Which is good, because we'll be seeing the Spiders soon. It's better that the watchers are familiar with the Nostrade employees before the Spiders show up imo. The pacing could also be like this for the new OP. Technically, they're still not in the Yorkshin auctions yet. I think it's better if the anime passes by less Yorkshin material by the time the new OP rolls around. I dunno, just guessing here.




Side comments:

I love the scene where Kurapika was all VENGEANCE MONOLOGUE TIME in the shadows. The music at the beginning of that scene was fitting.

And Milluki can type on two keyboards. Yeah, that's hacker skills for ya. :mono

I don't know why I didn't notice the Nostrade employees before. Instant Lover FTW! The butler's death was satisfying, and better than the manga. And I like Neon's hair in pink, though blue suits her too.

And Kilua's outfit. :teehee
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Soo, who was that guy they had in the mansion? The one they said was useless and left for Squala to handle? That's not something I remember form the manga. Just wondering the point of that scene.

But anyways. Nice episode. I also loved how they did Instant Lover scenes. Both the butler and Squala. Basho and Senritsu are awesome. Kurapikas anger was bit overdone for my taste though. And his inner dialoque towards the end of the episode was pretty pointless.Also I had issue with the way they used the music. It was distracting at a few moments. But the animation was so goood. And I for some reason liked the last part with Milluki, Killua, Gon despite nothing really happened there. But the mood was good.

As for Neon, I always thought pink suited her personality well, but I guess she looks better in blue.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Soo, who was that guy they had in the mansion? The one they said was useless and left for Squala to handle? That's not something I remember form the manga. Just wondering the point of that scene.
.
The scene is not from the manga. But the guy is. We'll probably see him again in the next episode or two. Though he won't look the same.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh, you mean he is the guy who ends up as wall decoration? Well, didn't look at all how I remembered him, but I guess it is possible. Might be I just don't remember the look at all.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The scene is not from the manga. But the guy is. We'll probably see him again in the next episode or two. Though he won't look the same.
Poor guy........ :teehee
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So based off the butler's death I think we have an idea of how future stuff might look like. I think it was a good idea to use the flash of the gun to censor the gun shots and even without the blood it did still look like he got shot...a lot. Plus the scene was pretty funny. I was just like "wait how did he escape?" and then I saw his heart shaped eyes. Lol. Butler must die for his love!

So I think while we're pretty much out of luck for anything particularly violent I think at the very least Madhouse will do a good job of censoring.
I don't like censorship period but having bad censorship is just really...bad. I'm talking 4kids stuff. Thank goodness there's none of that.

I definitely hope they do a much better job animating the chains later on. This was meh there.

But when the nen dudes attacked. That was nice. That's what I'm talking about.

I actually rather liked that extra scene with Dalzollene. If you guys know who the extra guy is (he's not a filler character)
then you'll know it's a bit messed up what happens to him. Actually I think that "filler" scene (filler in the same sense
as Canary vs Thugs. It's implied canon actually) adds to the dark atmosphere because when I saw what happened to the
dude before it was actually kinda humorous but now seeing it as an actual person makes it even more messed up.

Funny how Shachmono thought Kurapika was a manipulator. Think we'll actually learn what Melody's nen type is? I say enhancer as she enhances her hearing.


So I suppose we'll have 70 and 71 in the next episode? That should be good. Honestly I didn't mind the one chapter pacing here. I think the filler of the team getting to know each other fit well. Kurapika's monologue was alright. I liked the transition to the messenger hawk.

I say I'd give this a 9 out of 10.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Oh, you mean he is the guy who ends up as wall decoration? Well, didn't look at all how I remembered him, but I guess it is possible. Might be I just don't remember the look at all.
We never see the guy as not a wall decoration so it would be hard to recognize him by look but it's pretty clear from the scene in 40 that he's an employee
since he's being "replaced". Then later in the manga Dalzollene talks about how Kurapika and Company "replaced" him. So it's just a matter of putting two and two together. I used to think that he got the Han Solo treatment. But now looking at the picture again...and based off Dalzollene telling Squalla to take care of him.

Man, talk about being thrown to the wolves. It's a dog eat dog world, you know? ;)
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Yeah, I also thought that guy was the same who finished as a wall decoration =O
Overall, loved the episode, except for the Kurapika's revenge part. Animation was great, and the pacing was acceptable. Even though it was one chapter per episode, it didn't look that much of a dragging.
And yeah, Kurapika being an asshole again =/ It is not OOC, but that's exactly why I hate him.
Especially for not visiting Gon when he was in hospital.
And yeah, Bashou:
I didn't find it that obvious lol =D

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I actually rather liked that extra scene with Dalzollene. If you guys know who the extra guy is (he's not a filler character)
then you'll know it's a bit messed up what happens to him. Actually I think that "filler" scene (filler in the same sense
as Canary vs Thugs. It's implied canon actually) adds to the dark atmosphere because when I saw what happened to the
dude before it was actually kinda humorous but now seeing it as an actual person makes it even more messed up.
Yeah, agreed. I also thought it makes that other scene much darker.

Funny how Shachmono thought Kurapika was a manipulator. Think we'll actually learn what Melody's nen type is? I say enhancer as she enhances her hearing.
I think she was an Emitter. Something like Emitting her aura when playing the flute to calm down the others. But yeah, Enhancement could make more sense.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diivil

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
238
Gender
Hidden
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
can't wait for Shinobi-03 to post his comparison :D :D, the second best thing after watching an amazing Hunter x hunter
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The music didn't bother me and neither did the pacing. It's obvious they were trying to extend the material to fit the start of YorkNew into it's own episode.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Senritsu being an Enhancer makes sense. And I guess the subs stuck with the name "Melody" instead of Senritsu. Not that I'm complaining.

And yeah, Kurapika being an asshole again =/ It is not OOC, but that's exactly why I hate him.
Especially for not visiting Gon when he was in hospital.
Kurapika has always been an asshole for me. Yorkshin will show that in its entirety, if Madhouse does it right. I hope they do, 'cause I'm much more used to cold!Kurapika than ticking-time-bomb-REVENGEEEE-RAWR!Kurapika. Lol. Though I'd take the latter over emo!Kurapika any day. Now that's OOC for me. :-_-
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The music didn't bother me and neither did the pacing. It's obvious they were trying to extend the material to fit the start of YorkNew into it's own episode.
The music wasn't the best this week (by that I mean placement. I still love the tracks themselves) but it was a step up from last week.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Senritsu being an Enhancer makes sense. And I guess the subs stuck with the name "Melody" instead of Senritsu. Not that I'm complaining.
Yeah, but still, she IS Emitter. http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Melody I'm not sure, but I think it was stated in manga when she calmed Kurapika down by playing the flute. Also her hearing ability could probably be Ehnahced by Nen as well.

Kurapika has always been an asshole for me. Yorkshin will show that in its entirety, if Madhouse does it right. I hope they do, 'cause I'm much more used to cold!Kurapika than ticking-time-bomb-REVENGEEEE-RAWR!Kurapika. Lol. Though I'd take the latter over emo!Kurapika any day. Now that's OOC for me. :-_-
Sure, I know he is an asshole. And that's why I don't like him. He is my least favourite from the main characters.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok so now that the Flesh Collector's Mansion is complete how are y'all feeling for Yorknew?

Excited or have you lost hope?

I'm excited.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Yeah, but still, she IS Emitter. http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Melody I'm not sure, but I think it was stated in manga when she calmed Kurapika down by playing the flute. Also her hearing ability could probably be Ehnahced by Nen as well.


Sure, I know he is an asshole. And that's why I don't like him. He is my least favourite from the main characters.


I was unaware of that. Thanks for the info! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
The pace is not a problem for meas long as fillers are interesting and coherent.Animation was great and will stay like that for the entire arc IMO.I am waiting for Uvo vs Shadow Beasts.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well the thing I was most looking forward to actually happened... the butler got killed :D
It was censored but still, the message was clear with all the holes and the body falling down.

Despite that it was nicely animated again, I don't mind the little fillers here and there. It feels pretty natural and I have absolutely faith in Madhouse that they won't add anything stupid that contradicts with the real story.

but man, it's finally time for the Spiders. Can't wait to see them in action :zomg the curtain rises for one of the best arcs of Hunter x Hunter, if not the best :nod
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well the thing I was most looking forward to actually happened... the butler got killed :D
It was censored but still, the message was clear with all the holes and the body falling down.

Despite that it was nicely animated again, I don't mind the little fillers here and there. It feels pretty natural and I have absolutely faith in Madhouse that they won't add anything stupid that contradicts with the real story.

but man, it's finally time for the Spiders. Can't wait to see them in action :zomg the curtain rises for one of the best arcs of Hunter x Hunter, if not the best :nod
While it wasn't bloody I'm just really glad they didn't do something like change angles of when he gets shot. I think it was clever to make it into a humorous scene. But yet it's still messed up...perhaps even MORE so since he was being manipulated by a woman and then gets shot and dumped like a piece of trash.

O.o

Life lesson much?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top