Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Guys / gals, keep it friendly. For now, I only deleted some posts. Continuing the war of words, will only lead to further disciplinary action.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I doubt the Spiders will have to use their nen abilities to beat the Shadow Beasts and if they do it probably won't be shown.
Yeah, I think this is the best course of action. The Spiders are ridiculously skilled anyway. Even if some of them aren't combat specialists (like Shizuku and Machi), it'd still be tough fighting them. Madhouse seems to be doing well with fillers anyway.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Awesome episode. You know what, I retract whatever negative statement I said about Shalnark's VA. I like it. It fits. I don't know why I didn't think that before.
Same here. It grew on me a bit. I just had a preconceived impression about his voice from the manga, but I'm getting used to it now.

2 weeks now? I thought it was just one. D: Sadness. Apparently other series were on break for 2 weeks at some point. I'm a sad panda now.

Kurapika driving and not keeping his eyes on the road made me lol. I forgot Kurapika knew how to drive a car.

Good thing it was Leorio driving when Kurapika had Chrollo trapped.

Overall a good episode. It kept the momentum going from the first one. The sound direction could've been a little better here, IMO, but it really didn't harm the awesomeness of this episode at all.

My favorite death? Always going to be Leech. But Big Bang was pretty spectacular. :)

10/10 (For making me cringe when I saw the leeches. Eww.)

------

You know character deaths are happening fast and furious when they can’t even get them into the Hunterpedia while they’re still alive…

-Guardian Enzo's blog: http://www.lostinanime.com/
I had to get a laugh out of this since it's true.
 
Last edited:

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
JDownloader, why u no donwload it faster???
And I agree with Sticky statement, that the shades in Uvo's rape face made one hell of a difference =D (by the look of the images, of course)
C'mon JDownloader, I wanna watch it now... >_>

Also, what is this "no HxH for 2 weeks" going on here? Is that true? o.õ?
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Why am I still surprised at the level of violence in Hunter x Hunter!? I really need to ignore the fact that this is a morning show, else I'll keep doing spit takes when watching an episode xD. Anyway, awesome episode as usual. Ohtsuka Akio is one of my favourite voice-actors and I love how well he fits a character like Uvo. The guy's a beast! Also, I found it hilarious how Melody/Senritsu kept shouting "Watch the road!! WATCH THE ROAD!!" at Kurapika at the end of the episode!

Back to the episode...

Which was your favorite Shadow Beast death?

Worm?
Leech?
Rabid Dog?
Porcupine?
Leech definitely. That shit was gruesome. Cannibalism FTW! Rabid Dog's death comes in second. You could see right through that hole on his head!
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I leave for a day and you fight? Guys, guys. Shame on you.

I loved this episode. Particularly the Big Bang Impact. It was perfect. Loved how they differentiate the Hatsu techniques with color and the regular techniques with the gray aura. I know I said this before, but now that we see an Enhancement user using his special technique is more clear to me what they're doing.

I also note what they're doing with Feitan characterization...He's eager to fight as well, but not as impatient as Uvogin. You can see how He's always paying attention.

And I liked how they hid Kurapika technique and only show the Chain Jail text. Good Madhouse not spoiling anything :D

Note aside, I like this design of the spide.


And now, the first round of gifs.











Bigger bite...
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
f***, the audio at anime****** is not sync.... fu** have to wait for the hd version (tor**** is so fu***** slow, me gonna watch this in our full screen tv).... Love the episode 9.5 (.5 was taken by the opening song) is my rating... I skip (will edit the video) the opening coz I think its more bad ass if there is no cheerful opening...

and my favorite death scene is Leech... that must be filler? how come he (worm) was able to call the other Injuu as well???

and did I sense it right? Injuu remaining bang next episode (filler?)... the next episode sure not gonna end in Dalzolne's death.... it might end Dalzolne phoning the fake mafia (shalnark controlled telephone guy?)...

and ahh the chain jail aura is yellow!!!

and I see an overwhelming youtube reviews everywhere....

I wish i could go into deepsleep....so I can skip the hiatus...
 
Last edited:

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Only thing i didn't like was the music and how long BBI took to activate.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Finally watched it, awesome episode! \o/
The nen presentations for Big Bang Impact and Chain Jail kept the quality we've seen ever since Heaven's Arena, and have I said how much I like them? Too bad, Senritsu didn't get one for her (but the effects of the ability were still awesome) :D
Also, we're close to get a Injyuu vs Ryodan fight next episode! (will my dream come true? :zomg)
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Too bad, Senritsu didn't get one for her (but the effects of the ability were still awesome) :D
whaaa... i didnt notice that.... poor Senritsu... maybe they'll correct that in the dvd?

what her calm song name again???
 
Last edited:

chei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
133
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
and my favorite death scene is Leech... that must be filler? how come he (worm) was able to call the other Injuu as well???
I don't think there's any filler,
Didn't Leech died exactly the grotesque way as in manga? It was always my favorite part...so unexpected. 99 series was wimpy for not showing most of it.

The worm calling other Injuu is in the manga.

Anyway I still can't believe they really show the bite! XD The pacing is a bit sluggish compare to what we're used to by now, but the drawing quality is so high this week, every frame is so gorgeously rendered (esp. love that frame with Uvo's face telling them all he needed was above his neck to wipe them all out <3) and the animation is fluid. It's so much eye candy despite the episode depicted mostly grotesque looking characters.

If I didn't know what was going to happen, I'd have hold my breath, being unable to expect how Uvo would take those nasty shadow beasts down.

Uvo is so awesome looking in the 2011 series, to the point that there's something weirdly erotic about seeing him in chains in the car..:3c:derp

oh though I was never a fan of Kurapika, a couple of his fierce looks at the end of this episode really got me - damn he's cool! :zomg This 2011 version of Kurapika looks badass and still LOOKS like Kurapika, without the jarring face-morphing the 99 series did (suddenly shrunken his eyes to be 2 times smaller, elongated and stretched his face to be wider make him look more mature with a different facial proportion and expression)
 
Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You mean this?

He has his legs open, He's chained and He has an awesome body.

OF COURSE IT'S EROTIC.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From the looks of it, the filler MH has been adding were pretty creative. Somehow it still might be a possibility of MH showing like 10 second clip of the GR wiping the floor with the guys. The pacing wasn't to bad at all IMO, covered almost 2 chapters. Extending the Uvo fight really brought the point across.I liked the interaction they added between the PT. Nobunaga was the first to react to Uvo being kidnapped..Franklin getting the beer...The PT saying bring enough for everyone... That type of shit brings the PT to the next level......One of the parts i liked best in the episode was when UVO's tat was revealed.... OH man i got excited after seeing that.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh yes. We've got a shirtless chained buff at the back of the car with killer looks and a gash on his shoulder. Be careful, he's been poisoned. Oh, did I mention the leeches that are crawling inside him as we speak? Mm, sexy. :XD
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
For my fav Injuu death I'd definitely choose Leech. I mean, come on, it was the best moment of the ep with them actually showing the bite! Porcupine's death was creative as well with the bonus throw part =3
Why are you guys so sure there'll be GR vs Injuu filler part at all? I always thought it was better to leave that part on a cliffhanger.
I think the episode should go something like this:
It begins with Hisoka telling Danchou he has a meeting planned.
Then it turns back to the car chase and here comes the Kurapika flashback. It is pretty short, only 4 pages left now.
The conclusion of the car chase with GR meeting the remaining Injuu. Commercial break.
Ubo wakes up and pisses everybody off. Then gets hit by Kurapika.
Kurapika and Hisoka's meeting.
GR kill Daltzorne and rescue Ubo. Episode end.
It'd be great if they could add the phone talk with Chrollo. Something like "Hmm, Fun Cloth? An interesting ability. Try not to kill him." This would be a perfect hint.

The worm calling other Injuu is in the manga.
Oh thx for pointing it out, didn't notice it before.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've heard a lot of people in Narutoforums thought the music was out of place. What do you guys think?

While the music wasn't exactly what I would have expected or chosen I don't think it was necessarily bad choices.
However, it sorta seemed like the music picked held a greater sense of importance than how the fight feels in the manga.

Well anywho I hope in 45 we get more Chain Bastard with the car chase. :)
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Well, the music placement was really good this week imo. It didn't bother me a bit. Much better than the 38-43 pack lol.
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey guys can you put peoples deaths in spoilers the ones that didnt happen yet, as I think I just read somewhere that
Dalzollene dies
, Im not sure If what I read was right as I didnt read the rest, but yeah Im not up to where you guys are in hunter x hunter and i'd appreciate it.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I reinforce the use of spoilers for deaths and stuff to come. If you don't read the manga, don't use the spoiler tag for predictions and use basic text. :D

And yes, this week the music placement was weird. The Nen-music was cool but It felt overused at some point near the end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top