Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ouch, sorry guys, forgot to post here. Got too distracted during carnival and now I'm with my hands full doing a full backup and an iminent format on my computer (it's about time xD).
So, I'm just lefting the game. Have fun you all! o/
It's a shame you're not joining us, but thanks for letting us know. :)

I've finally uploaded the pictures - sorry for the delay!

From my photobucket account, username TameHxH: http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii516/TameHxH/
Hope I've done that right.

As you can see, most of them are just faces but hopefully it at least gives you an idea what people are suppoed to look like. The ones without names don't have any yet lol, and/or aren't gonna be appearing in the RPG. They're in no particular order, so some of them will be apearing soon, and some might not appear until further down the line.

EDIT: Just posted. If any wants to post the journey to the airport, be my guest, 'cos it'll be uneventful. I left it out so that people could prepare themselves and so that the pace didn't seem rushed.

Once aboard the airship (that'll probably be my next post), Dietrich will explain what plans he has so far, and all your characters can contribute anything they want to that discussion, like who'll go after Marconi, who'll go after Twisp, who'll go after the evidence etc.

EDIT again: Oh yeah, zvane, if Scyre does check up on Thos on the Hunter website, say the word and I'll provide you with the information the site has on him.
 
Last edited:

Zvane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
97
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh, right...he will...right now lol
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just thought of some new ways to use Sora's ice aura... will our characters be learning new things?
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I just thought of some new ways to use Sora's ice aura... will our characters be learning new things?
Hell yes!! What's your idea?

Here's the info on Thos on the Hunter site:
Name: Thos Hrodrolf
Age: 22
Passed the Hunter exam three years ago.
A student of Guillaume Brider, the one star Music Hunter.
Is rumoured to have a medical-based ability.
Not known to specialise in any one kind of Hunting.
Gives moderate amounts of money to several charities.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Hey guys, I will post at the RPG tomorrow. Just felt like giving a holler.

Will also probably post some drawing for the NPCs. I hope.

EDIT:

Here are the NPC drawings. I'm late, yes. But I still drew them! Yes! You excited? Click on the spoiler!

Ian Chapman!



Clarence Braig!



Thos!



Denis Galbuster!



Lukannon!



Dietrich Sollos!


Some notes: Sorry cuz I messed up the original art for Denis Galbuster and probably Ian Chapman. But I tried real hard to make up for it by making Denis edgy. For Mr. Chapman, I tried to make him look confident at an arrogant, "LOL you can't beat me", level.

Sorry for the crappy camera quality, as always. I'm poor.
 
Last edited:

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome pics, as always, NFW!! Don't worry about Chapman - he looks great!!

I've just updated; as you'll see, I've accelerated a little, but now that they're on the airship, we can take our time and work out a plan, have the characters get to know each other etc. For now it'll be more of a dialogue between them all rather than everyone posting and then me replying.

Unfortunately I have essays to do this week, so I won't be able to write any big poists for a week or more - sorry!! Fortunately, it shouldn't matter for what's going on the story at this point.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Very nice drawings, NFW! I can barely draw stick figures... believe me, I absolutely SUCK at drawing. Seriously, I know no one with crappier drawing skills than mine.

Couldn't hope to do drawings like those EVER. Do you practice all the time?
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Awesome pics, as always, NFW!! Don't worry about Chapman - he looks great!!

I've just updated; as you'll see, I've accelerated a little, but now that they're on the airship, we can take our time and work out a plan, have the characters get to know each other etc. For now it'll be more of a dialogue between them all rather than everyone posting and then me replying.

Unfortunately I have essays to do this week, so I won't be able to write any big poists for a week or more - sorry!! Fortunately, it shouldn't matter for what's going on the story at this point.
Very nice drawings, NFW! I can barely draw stick figures... believe me, I absolutely SUCK at drawing. Seriously, I know no one with crappier drawing skills than mine.

Couldn't hope to do drawings like those EVER. Do you practice all the time?
Oh man thanks a lot! I was nervous cuz I realized I was way off on Lukannon's drawing. Gah!

Well yeah... I draw a lot, ever since I was a kid. But those drawing are around the best I can do. Not like other guys my age who are probably pros right now. I wanted to be pro you know... But I guess at my age it won't be likely. Still practicing though. It's fun drawing for people.

But yeah... Sorry Hunter2323 I failed horribly with Lukannon. I missed the beard completely! But I was thinking Lukannon looked like a SouthEast Asian guy, and 18 is not yet the age to grow a beard when you're Southeast Asian... Buts that not an excuse to completely miff the description right...? sorry!

Actually I'm struggling about how Sora and Scyre will lok like. What's "5'O clock shadow"? What's a mala? Does Sora look like the dude from kingdom hearts?
 

Zvane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
97
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh man thanks a lot! I was nervous cuz I realized I was way off on Lukannon's drawing. Gah!

Well yeah... I draw a lot, ever since I was a kid. But those drawing are around the best I can do. Not like other guys my age who are probably pros right now. I wanted to be pro you know... But I guess at my age it won't be likely. Still practicing though. It's fun drawing for people.

But yeah... Sorry Hunter2323 I failed horribly with Lukannon. I missed the beard completely! But I was thinking Lukannon looked like a SouthEast Asian guy, and 18 is not yet the age to grow a beard when you're Southeast Asian... Buts that not an excuse to completely miff the description right...? sorry!

Actually I'm struggling about how Sora and Scyre will lok like. What's "5'O clock shadow"? What's a mala? Does Sora look like the dude from kingdom hearts?
Oh this is just awesome!!! Loved your drawings. A mala or japa mala is a buddhist rosary...try to google it...it's pretty easy to find. A 5 o'clock shadow is just beard...or the beginning of it, and looks like a shadow in the face...again, google it and you'll find it.

Keep drawing please!!!
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh man thanks a lot! I was nervous cuz I realized I was way off on Lukannon's drawing. Gah!

Well yeah... I draw a lot, ever since I was a kid. But those drawing are around the best I can do. Not like other guys my age who are probably pros right now. I wanted to be pro you know... But I guess at my age it won't be likely. Still practicing though. It's fun drawing for people.

But yeah... Sorry Hunter2323 I failed horribly with Lukannon. I missed the beard completely! But I was thinking Lukannon looked like a SouthEast Asian guy, and 18 is not yet the age to grow a beard when you're Southeast Asian... Buts that not an excuse to completely miff the description right...? sorry!

Actually I'm struggling about how Sora and Scyre will lok like. What's "5'O clock shadow"? What's a mala? Does Sora look like the dude from kingdom hearts?
It's never too late to improve, you know! Not sure how old you are, but no matter what it is you can always improve on drawing skills. Except when you have MY talent, of course.

Yeah, Sora looks like KH's Sora. I really like that design and it just stuck in my head.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Oh this is just awesome!!! Loved your drawings. A mala or japa mala is a buddhist rosary...try to google it...it's pretty easy to find. A 5 o'clock shadow is just beard...or the beginning of it, and looks like a shadow in the face...again, google it and you'll find it.

Keep drawing please!!!
It's never too late to improve, you know! Not sure how old you are, but no matter what it is you can always improve on drawing skills. Except when you have MY talent, of course.

Yeah, Sora looks like KH's Sora. I really like that design and it just stuck in my head.
@ Zvane

Whew thanks! That's what stumped me about Scyre so far. I'll make the guys look even more kickass.

@ Megaman

Well the age there is pretty accurate. I'm realtively pretty old. Honestly what you're seeing right now is not that different from the art I was doing 10 years ago. I didn't evolve much.

But hey if you find it hard drawing people how about drawing backgrounds? I suck at those because I'm becoming way too impatient these days. But thinking about it backgrounds are relatively easier to draw at a good level than figures.

-----

Tame's announcement kind of... sent loud alarms in my head. He's not gonna post for a week?!!!

So I have some suggestions for the RPG. How about we try to put filler enemies we can control so that we could show off our abilities? That may sound Bleach-like but I'm looking at the direction of the Ryodan infiltrating Zazan's nest. Which actually is Bleach-like.

BTW Tame, is Lars the guy with the Dragon Roar Nen ability?
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Tame's announcement kind of... sent loud alarms in my head. He's not gonna post for a week?!!!
Well, not any big posts. :P My essays are due in next Thursday so I should ("should" being the operative word) be working soldly 'til then. Though, as you can see, I'm procrastinating. :)

So I have some suggestions for the RPG. How about we try to put filler enemies we can control so that we could show off our abilities? That may sound Bleach-like but I'm looking at the direction of the Ryodan infiltrating Zazan's nest. Which actually is Bleach-like.
I like this idea. If everyone else likes it, then once the characters land then we can fight some minor enemies. That way the characters will also have an idea of each other's abilities without having to just present them to one another.

BTW Tame, is Lars the guy with the Dragon Roar Nen ability?
Yep! ^_^
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Well, not any big posts. :P My essays are due in next Thursday so I should ("should" being the operative word) be working soldly 'til then. Though, as you can see, I'm procrastinating. :)



I like this idea. If everyone else likes it, then once the characters land then we can fight some minor enemies. That way the characters will also have an idea of each other's abilities without having to just present them to one another.



Yep! ^_^
Wow that was quick.

I had one other suggestion, but it seems kind of cheaty. It involves Random calling a friend who happened to live nearby. This friend is a nen-user that has a nen-ability that can potentially jack up each of our powers for a day in exchange for enduring pain for that day. What do you say?

Also, is there a Tekken "Mishima Zaibatsu" influence to this RPG?
 

Hunter2323

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
65
Reaction score
19
Gender
Male
Country
China
Sorry I've been away a for the past week. In the process of moving and got stuck without Internet for the week. Everything's back and working now so no more delays from me!

Lukannon looks awesome though! No worries there. I'll just work it into his acclimation into human society that he is shaving after coming into the cities. The hair, body, face, and smile all look just as I pictured.
 
Last edited:

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Hey dudes sorry for taking way too long, there's been a lot of unexpected things happening, and I couldn't drop by. Anyways, I'll post the new drawings tomorrow. Thanks!
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I've been away too, guys. I'll be posting tomorrow (and hell, I may as well make it a long one to make up for lost time). I'm also working on a map of Marconi's estate so that, when the invasion starts, we'll have a better idea of where everyone is relative to one another.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Here they are peeps, enjoy

Oliver Zaltzman



Vincent Shiroshima



Scyre Lurk



Sora

 

Zvane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
97
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Awesome!!
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Kick-ass pictures, bro!

Phew, finally posted. Sorry for the delay! ^_^ I was going to write more, but I think what I had planned should wait until our plan for sneaking in is sorted out. Man, rereading the last load of posts, I'm really pleased with how the RPG's going so far. I really like how definite and distinct dynamics are building between the different characters, but it still feels organic. :)

I'll try and draw the satelite map of the estate this weekend.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really nice! I was having a hard time picturing Sora in your drawing style, but it seems you nailed it!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I just realized something: I don't think materialized stuff can be reinforced. Blue Wave's power won't change (since Materialization is the same distance from Transformation as Enhancer), so I just need to make some slight modifications to Sora's profile. Mostly, changing Sora's best Advanced Nen Skill.
 
Top