Hunter x Hunter RPG: Sign-up & Discussion

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I just realized something: I don't think materialized stuff can be reinforced. Blue Wave's power won't change (since Materialization is the same distance from Transformation as Enhancer), so I just need to make some slight modifications to Sora's profile. Mostly, changing Sora's best Advanced Nen Skill.
I don't see why a Conjured item shouldn't be Enhancable; once Conjured it's a real-life item, so you should be able to Enhance it the same way you can Enhance anything else.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't see why a Conjured item shouldn't be Enhancable; once Conjured it's a real-life item, so you should be able to Enhance it the same way you can Enhance anything else.
Well, Ubo didn't mention Kurapika's Enhancement when referring to the chain. Though I guess it could be that he didn't because he was talking about how the "chain itself" was really powerful, not about its strenght, which is were Enhancement would count.
 
Last edited:

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Kick-ass pictures, bro!

Phew, finally posted. Sorry for the delay! ^_^ I was going to write more, but I think what I had planned should wait until our plan for sneaking in is sorted out. Man, rereading the last load of posts, I'm really pleased with how the RPG's going so far. I really like how definite and distinct dynamics are building between the different characters, but it still feels organic. :)

I'll try and draw the satelite map of the estate this weekend.
Really nice! I was having a hard time picturing Sora in your drawing style, but it seems you nailed it!

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I just realized something: I don't think materialized stuff can be reinforced. Blue Wave's power won't change (since Materialization is the same distance from Transformation as Enhancer), so I just need to make some slight modifications to Sora's profile. Mostly, changing Sora's best Advanced Nen Skill.
I don't see why a Conjured item shouldn't be Enhancable; once Conjured it's a real-life item, so you should be able to Enhance it the same way you can Enhance anything else.
Well, Ubo didn't mention Kurapika's Enhancement when referring to the chain. Though I guess it could be that he didn't because he was talking about how the "chain itself" was really powerful, not about its strenght, which is were Enhancement would count.
Thanks guys!

@ Tame

Yep, the RPG is going pretty cool. I was nervous that the lack of action will take the heat out of the interactions but we are pulling it off real well.

@ Megaman

Honestly Sora was the guy that gave me the most problems drawing. I've stopped drawing in the typical manga fashion like Sora's so it took a good many attempts to get him down to something that was probably near what you had in mind, I hope.

About the Reinforcement-on-Materialized items issue, I do think it's OK to Reinforce them. It'll just probably increase the damage inflicted when you use the Materialized item as a weapon, though. It probably wont give the item additional abilities. For Emission the projectile will just probably hit harder, same for Transformation abilities.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I've been planning some action to come up when they land, but the dialogue's going really smoothly right now, so I don't want to interrupt it! ^_^

I've drawn the first map (the one Dietrich's just shown them) but I forgot to take it out with me so I didn't end up going to the library to scan it in - sorry!! I'll try and do it tomorrow.

NFW, when Random suggests using In, do you mean to make themselves invisible? Can In be used for that?
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm also not sure what he meant by "one of them using In".
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I never got a chance to say this, but good job on dennis, I laughed how he kinda has DBZ hair XD

sorry for not posting in a while, I'll go post in a bit.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Yeah, I've been planning some action to come up when they land, but the dialogue's going really smoothly right now, so I don't want to interrupt it! ^_^

I've drawn the first map (the one Dietrich's just shown them) but I forgot to take it out with me so I didn't end up going to the library to scan it in - sorry!! I'll try and do it tomorrow.

NFW, when Random suggests using In, do you mean to make themselves invisible? Can In be used for that?
I'm also not sure what he meant by "one of them using In".
I never got a chance to say this, but good job on dennis, I laughed how he kinda has DBZ hair XD

sorry for not posting in a while, I'll go post in a bit.
@ Tame, Megaman

Yeah I meant for someone to use In on themselves, so that they'll become invisible. I think Ubo did use In on himself to hide himself from Kurapika when his BBI created a dust cloud. If you think it can't be done, well, I think you can just use Zetsu.

@ thatguy

Thanks man, I should have done better with Dennis especially on detail, but in my mind he's leaning on the manga adolescent style and I'm having trouble with that so I struggled hard, took me a couple of tries before I could nail something halfway decent IMO. Yeah your description said he should have had "short spiky hair" but I struggled as I said, so he came out looking a 'lil bit like Sasuke and Goku.

-----

Will post in the RPG after Zvane, Megaman and thatguy does. So go ahead guys...
 
Last edited:

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, In can be used for that. What I didn't get was why only one of them would be using it. Wouldn't all of them using it be better? Though I'm not sure how easy In is to mantain, they were never shown to use it for extensive periods of time. Besides, any Nen users would use Gyo instantly upon seeing us, so it would't be any different from Zetsu. Well, except if we're Nen-sniped. In that case, using In would be ideal...

Well... I don't know.
 
Last edited:

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
Yeah, In can be used for that. What I didn't get was why only one of them would be using it. Wouldn't all of them using it be better? Though I'm not sure how easy In is to mantain, they were never shown to use it for extensive periods of time. Besides, any Nen users would use Gyo instantly upon seeing us, so it would't be any different from Zetsu. Well, except if we're Nen-sniped. In that case, using In would be ideal...

Well... I don't know.
Actually, there are two guys whom Random mentioned to be using only In.

The first guy to use In would be someone in the third wave to attack frontally.

The second guy would be the one who would attack from above, as Random suggested. That guy is going to attack like a paratrooper, or like how Netero and Zeno entered Meat Garden/Meryem's Palace. From above.

Random suggested this to prioritize the guy who is going to attack from above. The guy using In in the third wave of the front gate assault is going to be the In-using decoy.

Upon spotting the decoy In user, the guards would focus their concentration on the guys up front and around the mansion. Seeing that guy using In would make them think there are more people using In or Zetsu storming the mansion from those directions. They would have lesser time to think that an attacker would be descending from above, this way.

Random's ability is the technique the second In user (the guy descending like a paratrooper) is going o use to get himself to the sky. Random's ability, Air Drums, involves a nen-pad which he can use to support people and give them limited flight, if they decide to stand on the nen-pad originally intended to be sat upon. Think of it as how Shoot used one of his flying hands to evade Yupi's spine attack (which would have killed him).

So basically, what Random has in mind is a weird, limited version of how the Hunters executed the infiltration on Meryem's Palace.

I should not have answered the question this way for it is going to be a definite spoiler, but the question basically begged for it.
 
Last edited:

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, I got your plan now. Yeah, that works.

---------- Post added April 08, 2012 at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was April 05, 2012 at 05:07 PM ----------

Also, about the new uses for Sora's Hatsu I've been thinking on. In story, he would have already trained them but never got the opportunity to use them in real situations, as opposed to his other abilities.

Blue Cord: Sora can create a line of his aura, connected from one of his hands to the end of Blue Wave's hilt. The line is cold, because's it's made of Sora's ice aura. It can go on for very long, but it has no special properties besides that. Basically, as far as Blue Wave goes from Sora (in a throwing attack, for example), the Cord goes along with it, and it stops when Blue Wave stops. It's basically made from water (from Sora's aura) enveloped by his aura in a "normal" state to prevent it from slipping, so nothing can really be done to it by enemies.

Blue Sword: Sora shapes his ice-aura into a sword shape, that he usually uses in his left hand. It's lighter, and consequently faster than Blue Wave, and is also significantly colder than it, but it's also significantly weaker.

Also, not sure if I said it before, but Sora can put his ice aura into objects.
 
Last edited:

Zvane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
97
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm also gonna add two new abilities...or well...not abilities per sé

Forced Start

The target will be inside Scyre's Nen space, even if he doesn't agree to play. For this to happen, they will have to refuse a game first, Scyre needs to touch them directly, and also, by using this, the target will start with one point already.

I survived a fucked up game show

As long as Scyre loses in a 2-3 situation, and having won 10 "Our War Games" in a row, he can cancel a penalty placed upon him.


Right now, Scyre has won only 5 Our War Games in a row.
 

NoFreakingWay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
249
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fiji
@ Megaman

Sora's base Transformation ability (related to Ice/Water) is very versatile. You really don't need to formalize an ability with it, especially when you have a lot of opportunities to use Ice. I guess you just have to formalize making an actual Hatsu technique for really special attacks. But for freezing things, there's a lot that could be done there already. Consider the probability that Marconi's house has a big swimming pool that just begs to be abused...

@ Zvane

Added mechanics for "Our war Game"? I have a question though for Forced Start? What if Scyre's target doesn't say a word? He's not refusing and he's not agreeing that way, either. How does Scyre cope with that?
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ah crap I just remembered that I still haven't uploaded the map! I'll go to the library and do it tomorrow!
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Should this thread be moved there? Like the screen name, btw.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@NFW

I suppose so. Was just making sure I wasn't pulling any BS, I guess.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's up to you, actually. I don't have any issue, if you want we can move the thread. Decide and PM me first.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'm all up for promoting the new RPG section, so if no one has ny objections, I'd like this to be moved there.
 

The3greateyes

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, I'm a major rp guy so I'm defiantly orreries how often does this rp happen if I have the time for it I'll make a character bio right away please reply as soon as possible
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thread moved. This is in the OOC section while you will find the other in the general RP area.

Hey, I'm a major rp guy so I'm defiantly orreries how often does this rp happen if I have the time for it I'll make a character bio right away please reply as soon as possible
Please look around the section for other RPs as well, or start your own. :)
 
Top