(OOC: Thanks for everyone for bearing with me whilst I did my exams! Sorry I've not been around, and thanks again for your patience!)
'Well done,' said Dietrich to Lukannon after he had thrown the rock and knocked out the last guard.
'What we do with talking box? Four wake up soon,' Lukannon asked him with barely-hidden anger.
'Break them,' replied Dietrich coldly, also angry and frustrated. 'Not that it matters - we'll be long gone by the time they wake up.'
'U... uh. S-Sorry about that guys,' Sora said, as if he just had a scare. 'It's just that... I blacked-out. I promise, this won't happen again.' Sora embarassingly, but in a tone of confidence, said.
'I know it won't,' said Dietrich coldly, 'because if it does, not just you, but your teammates may die.' Dietrich hurried away from Sora and the others, towards the group at the fence, not bothering to tell them to follow - they knew to do so.
Sora was feeling bad for letting everyone down with such a simple task, so he felt the need to be useful. 'I have an idea to stop these guys from escaping,' he said when they had all gathered by the fence. Before anyone could object, he quickly went to each of the guards and used some of his ice aura to bind the four guards arms and legs to the ground, and also used some of it in their mouths to stop them from talking, just in case. They were still able to breath by the noses.
'With that little strength, these guys won't be able to escape that. I also didn't use much power, so it should melt before they die from lack of food or water,' Sora said.
'Look, I know that what happened was kinda... random. So, I'm sorry. This kind of thing usually doesn't happen to me, so I really don't know was the problem,' Sora said. 'The only thing I can really do now to fix it is to say, once again, that I promise it won't happen again.' Sora finally added, looking over everyone once again.
'It doesn't matter now,' said Dietrich, though his term wasn't comforting. The group quickly moved on, their pace fast once more.
Dietrich remained silent as they ran, wrapped up in his own thoughts, but remembering to stay alert of their surroundings. Should he kick Sora from the team? It had been him, Dietrich, that had asked for help from the others, but it would be better to kick him off than put the lives of the others at risk. He'd keep that option in mind until they arrived at their destination.
'Damnit, how'd such a simple task turn into such a shit-pile?' he thought to himself. He had envisioned a quick attack - bam, bam, bam, bam - then moving on, not standing round discussing pointless matters.'[/i]
Some time later they had reached a small city not far from the border. There Dietrich purchased a reliable-looking pick-up truck with plenty of room in the back for the others, as well as plenty of petrol to get them where they needed.
'Hey Sora,' he said as the team started jumping in. 'Sorry about being an ass before.' His tone was apologetic, but firm. 'No harm, no foul I guess. Just don't let it happen again, okay?'
Meanwhile Thos, who had eagerly jumped in the back of the truck and who was looking forward to an open-air drive, was massaging his legs. 'Damn, that run wiped me out,' he said, yawning. 'Oh, I think we've deserved this!' he said, stretching out, putting his hands behind his head and relaxing.