Discussion - I miss Annie, Berthold, Reiner and Ymir so much | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion I miss Annie, Berthold, Reiner and Ymir so much

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I miss the "traitor trio" and Ymir so much... They were my favorite characters (I love all the SnK characters but these four were very special for me) and SnK lacks something w/o them.

The worst thing is that it's sure we don't see them for a lot and they will be never as before in anycase.

I will miss Annie vs Mikasa clash for Eren, Reiner funny speech about how to kill a titan piercing their butt with the sword, Ymir+Historia nearly yuri like scenes and even that sweaty pole of Berthold.

I know that w/o their departure the main plot couldn't advance but Isayama created a really good cast of characters that it's a sick pain anytime you will miss one of them.

What do you guys think about this? Share your thoughts! Thanks =)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I miss Annie... Not the 3 others, I am more interested in what are they planning though Reiner is one of my favorite characters.

Last edited:

TheOwl

Reaction score
Country
Albania
I miss the "traitor trio" and Ymir so much... They were my favorite characters (I love all the SnK characters but these four were very special for me) and SnK lacks something w/o them.

The worst thing is that it's sure we don't see them for a lot and they will be never as before in anycase.

I will miss Annie vs Mikasa clash for Eren, Reiner funny speech about how to kill a titan piercing their butt with the sword, Ymir+Historia nearly yuri like scenes and even that sweaty pole of Berthold.

I know that w/o their departure the main plot couldn't advance but Isayama created a really good cast of characters that it's a sick pain anytime you will miss one of them.

What do you guys think about this? Share your thoughts! Thanks =)
I miss them too, especially Ymir. On the other hand, since I am rooting hard for the Scouting Legion, I really hope they do not appear before humanity is really prepared to take them on (though Ymir and Annie might end up helping humanity, willingly or not). I do not think that their 'departure' is stopping the plot from advancing. The plot has simply taken a somewhat different direction. It is still about humanity's desperate fight against the Titans, and to make the fight less desperate, humanity needs to get rid of their nigh dictatorial leader(s).

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I said their departure was mandatory to let the plot advance to where is now.

Maybe Isayama will give us some flashbacks, like the fight between Mikasa and Annie! =)

TheOwl

Reaction score
Country
Albania
I said their departure was mandatory to let the plot advance to where is now.

Maybe Isayama will give us some flashbacks, like the fight between Mikasa and Annie! =)
Sorry, I didn't read that correctly. However, if you want to see the fight between Mikasa and Annie, I have bad news for you, as I have read somewhere that Isayama said that it was interrupted by the instructors.

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
He can change his mind, or maybe he tried to bluff us cuz he didn't wanna spoil who won! ;D

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ymir+Historia nearly yuri like scenes and even that sweaty pole of Berthold.
I miss them all too! Especially Ymir and Bert, but all of them really. Ymir and Historia were confirmed to be a couple in canon recently at least, but now I'm always worried it won't be that way when they see each other again. :/

He can change his mind, or maybe he tried to bluff us cuz he didn't wanna spoil who won! ;D
I think if he specified that one of them won it would disappoint a large number of fans either way. :') Kind of like how Kishimoto admitted he waited too long and so can never remove Kakashi's mask. Fans have a wide variety of opinions on these things and no matter what, a large number of them will be disappointed. Better to keep the idea alive that they're evenly matched in human form. (full disclosure: my bias is that they ARE evenly matched though so maybe I'm getting my way here. :teehee I like the idea that if either one could win one round but you still wouldn't be able to predict who'd win the next.)

Last edited:

xDollfie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I miss them so much too, especially Ymir. Everytime I see Krista, I get so upset because Ymir is not beside her. I also especially miss Bert, that sweaty pole xD

I would have the feeling that they would come back soon though. :3

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sure, the problem is that they will be enemies and even if they join the forces with the new "rebel" Levi Squad Eren will never forgive them for killing his mother... And probably Mikasa will try to kill Annie at sight!