I Need Help! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I Need Help!

ADarkerTomorrow

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey I need to let things spill

I'm a 16 year old male from the USA and I want to do something. I have beautiful stories and messages running through my head and I want to do something about it - I wanna work with manga and/or stories and finally have a way to let all of the thoughts out. I have tried countless times trying to write my own books, learn to draw, but I just can't. I just have the imagination, but it is really driving me crazy that I can't let any of it out to the world.

And it's not like the every day stories you hear, I have great ideas, great messages. I just need somewhere to be and someone to give my ideas to, and someone to work with. I don't know if this is the place to do it but can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Matt

Shiratori99

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If you want to work in the manga industry, you really need to learn Japanese and go to Japan. There's no other way.

As for writing stories, have you tried sending any of them to talent competitions?

Hope this helps.

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Amateur Manga forum (Art and Stories' subforum) may be a good place to visit. [link]

Koru

Reaction score
Country
United States
This seems kind of interesting. If you ever do end up writing anything, I would be delighted to do some proofreading.