I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

No, I don't recall anything like that happened to me before.

Though today was very eventful. First, a kindergartner in the morning class missed her bus so we have to go to the office and called her dad to pick her up. Then in the afternoon class, this boy threw up all over his table so we have to move everyone else to the library. I felt bad for the kid because all of his classmates were making a big deal about it (e.g. "Eww! He threw up!"). But then, it was one of the kids' birthday and she gave everyone a treat bag so that somewhat balanced the day out. :derp

Speaking of which...

Kindergarten
At the end of the day, the kids were lining up to go home
Girl: I feel bad for [sick boy].
Boy: I don't
Little kids are so brutally honest. :XD

---------- Post added September 21, 2012 at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was September 18, 2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

Another work story

Multi-handicapped resource room, K-2
We have a kindergartner who sometimes misbehaved. Whenever he does, the aides would threaten to send him to the principal's office or call her, which usually does the trick. At the end of the day, he acted up again.

Aide: The principal is outside right now helping with bus duty so if I have to come get her, you're in big trouble!
Boy: Don't! Don't!

As they were walking to his car, she noticed a teacher coming in
Aide: Is Ms. Miller (the principal) coming? ;)
Teacher: Oh yes, she's coming here as soon as she deals with an issue ;)

As the aide and the driver strapped the kids into their car seats, the kid was panicking
Boy: We have to get out of here fast, fast, fast!
Driver: :confused Why is that?
Boy: If we get out of here right now, Ms. Miller won't catch me!
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Hi, riki.

So you love to write, that's super cool :hee. Do you write professionally?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Do you like to write as well?

LOL No, this is just a hobby for now. I did submit a story to Tor.com but I don't expect to hear from them until a couple months for now. :amuse

Right now I'm a substitute teacher which is why I get some amusing work stories.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Do you like to write as well?

LOL No, this is just a hobby for now. I did submit a story to Tor.com but I don't expect to hear from them until a couple months for now. :amuse

Right now I'm a substitute teacher which is why I get some amusing work stories.
Well, I can say I write semi-professionally as a part time job, but my works are mostly news articles or columns, so I cannot say that I'm a writer, more like a journalist :XD

Wpw,even though that's a hobby, that's a great hobby. I'm lacking imagination as well as experience to write fiction, thus I even cannot enjoy my own story.

You get the ideas from your students?
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

I'm taking a little break from my novel to focus on planning a short story. ^^ It's going to be sci-fi, mystery, and thriller type dealy.
I'm looking forward to this:nod...do you have a premise in mind?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Ugh. I wrote a reply but my internet acted up. *sigh*

Well, I can say I write semi-professionally as a part time job, but my works are mostly news articles or columns, so I cannot say that I'm a writer, more like a journalist :XD
I see. Well, you are a writer still. What is your main focus btw (e.g. national news, international news, sports, etc.)?

Wpw,even though that's a hobby, that's a great hobby. I'm lacking imagination as well as experience to write fiction, thus I even cannot enjoy my own story.
Awww... thanks. :sweatbunny

You get the ideas from your students?
Not really. My story ideas usually popped randomly in my head (mostly when I'm asleep aka dreaming) though I get my inspirations from books, movies, anime, manga, and music. For example, my sci-fi story was inspired because the eighth graders at one of the middle schools are reading Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.

I'm looking forward to this:nod...do you have a premise in mind?
Thanks, I hope it will meet your expectations. ^^;

Yes, I have a premise in mind and the ending already planned out. So far I have around 10 pages of notes, which is impressive since I usually write off the top of my head. :XD goldb can attest to that one. :nod

If it's good enough, I will probably submit it to Tor.com after I get feedback from my first submission. ^^
 
Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ heeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyy

ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op

(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op

〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op

(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppan Gangnam Style
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Have you seen the Naval Academy version? It's pretty good.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

OMG, OMG, OMG :wtf

Thanks for the heads-up :hug
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

hum this thread is kinda dead lately :headscratch
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

OMG, OMG, OMG :wtf

Thanks for the heads-up :hug
I just finished to read it. I'm soooo pumped up. :blai :blai :blai
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Same here :blai :blai :blai

Why can't January be here already!? :bored

@scav
Revive it then :cookiehand
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

you want some spam powder? :zomg
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

If you want
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

what do you mean by "if you want", so u dont want? :poke
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

If you want to spam, go ahead as long as it's not... bad.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

define what do you call bad spam? :lmao
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Anything gross or too perverted?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

just a little perverted then? :hurr
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top