I'll follow you into the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Same here :blai :blai :blai

Why can't January be here already!? :bored
J...Ja...January.... NO. :gwah

I won't have the time to read it. :scry

I feared that Rand would look too much like a holy man since his recent self illumination but he is really fine as he is now.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

what is that novel u guys talking about? enlighten me :headscratch
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

J...Ja...January.... NO. :gwah

I won't have the time to read it. :scry
Yep, it's coming out around my b-day so it will be my b-day gift to myself. :nod

I feared that Rand would look too much like a holy man since his recent self illumination but he is really fine as he is now.
IIRC, Sanderson said that Rand appeared to be saintlike to the others, but he was still the same person except less mad. LOL

So based on what I've read, Rand has decided to finally end the battle by defeating the Dark One once and for all. Makes me curious on how he will accomplish that goal.

what is that novel u guys talking about? enlighten me :headscratch
The Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan. Brandon Sanderson is finishing the series and the last book is finally coming out early next year.

Gats and I are discussing about it. :nod
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

lol never heard about that, it's that popular?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Btw there is that anime called sword art online about MMO, just like yureka. you should watch it. it's my fav anime atm.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Yeah, it's pretty popular though not as popular as ASoIaF.

I know about the series. I'm planning to watch it as soon as I'm not that busy.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

lol what's keeping you busy atm?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Work and writing my story
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

LOL

It took me awhile to figure out what you meant until it dawned on me that you're talking about the first part of her chapter. :amuse
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

How's the chapter coming along?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

I'm done with the first part. *cough*18pages*cough*

I'm proofreading it right now and will post it up soon. :nod
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

I'm done with the first part. *cough*18pages*cough*

I'm proofreading it right now and will post it up soon. :nod
Cool, I'll try to read it Friday on my day off :chu

How was the rest of your day?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Pretty good.

Work went well and some of the students recognized me from last year. ^^
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

@Riki :
*
I don't know, he talked about wiping the current seals and reforging a new one with Perrin, so it doesn't sound like he think he think he can destroy the Dark One. It seems obvious that he will need the power of both Aes Sedai and Ashaman to forge something new. Before, Lews Therin did alone with men only (well he can't really be blamed, the Aes Sedai refused to participate after all). The prophecy sounds too much like sacrifice, by mentioning the blood of the Dragon. But really....raaah I don't know !! I mean in the future Aviendha saw, the Dragon Reborn seemed to disappear after the defeat of the Dark One, it isn't a good sign. But again, this future is meant to be reshaped.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

@Riki :
*
I don't know, he talked about wiping the current seals and reforging a new one with Perrin, so it doesn't sound like he think he think he can destroy the Dark One. It seems obvious that he will need the power of both Aes Sedai and Ashaman to forge something new. Before, Lews Therin did alone with men only (well he can't really be blamed, the Aes Sedai refused to participate after all). The prophecy sounds too much like sacrifice, by mentioning the blood of the Dragon. But really....raaah I don't know !! I mean in the future Aviendha saw, the Dragon Reborn seemed to disappear after the defeat of the Dark One, it isn't a good sign. But again, this future is meant to be reshaped.
Rand definitely needs the female Aes Sedai to work with him and he knows that he has to convince Egwene.

I think Moridin will merge with Rand and tried to seize control of the shared body in order for the Dragon to join the Dark One's side. I believe Slayer (Lord Luc and Lan's cousin) was an experiment to see if two bodies and souls can become one and since that worked, the Dark One is going to try that on the Dragon Reborn. It will probably be successful since Rand would need that former damane to "kill" him. Then after he defeated the Dark One once and for all, he would fake his death and only a few would know the truth aka Rand's ladies, Logain (since he was laughing over Rand's "grave" in Egwene's dream), and others who were involved with his fake death.

He'll probably "retire" to the Mountain of the Mist (the place where he was dreaming in the last book) since no one will really bother him there. Besides, it would be Mat, Egwene, Perrin and the others' turns to make sure that the world will turn out okay. Min will probably keep him company and the other two can always travel there to visit him. That's my theory anyway.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: But even the sun sets in paradise

but rand die later :worrybunny
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: But even the sun sets in paradise

Well, of course he will die eventually. He's human after all. :cookiehand
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: But even the sun sets in paradise

b but he dies young, so young :worrybunny
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Rand definitely needs the female Aes Sedai to work with him and he knows that he has to convince Egwene.

I think Moridin will merge with Rand and tried to seize control of the shared body in order for the Dragon to join the Dark One's side. I believe Slayer (Lord Luc and Lan's cousin) was an experiment to see if two bodies and souls can become one and since that worked, the Dark One is going to try that on the Dragon Reborn. It will probably be successful since Rand would need that former damane to "kill" him. Then after he defeated the Dark One once and for all, he would fake his death and only a few would know the truth aka Rand's ladies, Logain (since he was laughing over Rand's "grave" in Egwene's dream), and others who were involved with his fake death.

He'll probably "retire" to the Mountain of the Mist (the place where he was dreaming in the last book) since no one will really bother him there. Besides, it would be Mat, Egwene, Perrin and the others' turns to make sure that the world will turn out okay. Min will probably keep him company and the other two can always travel there to visit him. That's my theory anyway.
Wow I need a reminder about Slayer, I don't remember with who he has been fusioned. So basically for you Rand will be Yoda in the end. He will chill out in Dagobah Moutain of the Mist, waiting for one of his grandchildren to come in order to beat down the Empire Seachan Empire. :derp
Yeah remember what Aviendha saw through her future legacy and she is back to prevent that. So how this will influence Rand's battle ? Oh my, this made me think he has still to....kneel in front of the Empress. After the angry and dark display he made last time, I fear he'll feel the need to do so to make amend and reunite as much people as possible. :/

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

b but he dies young, so young :worrybunny
Death is not final in the Wheel of Time's universe, unless you kill the guy with a power named "balefire". You'll be reborn one way or another in the (distant) future for the Wheel of Time's need.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell

Wow I need a reminder about Slayer, I don't remember with who he has been fusioned. So basically for you Rand will be Yoda in the end. He will chill out in Dagobah Moutain of the Mist, waiting for one of his grandchildren to come in order to beat down the Empire Seachan Empire. :derp
Yeah remember what Aviendha saw through her future legacy and she is back to prevent that. So how this will influence Rand's battle ? Oh my, this made me think he has still to....kneel in front of the Empress. After the angry and dark display he made last time, I fear he'll feel the need to do so to make amend and reunite as much people as possible. :/
Nah, I just think he will spend the rest of his time in peace, which is the way he wants to be.

Aviendha needs to talk to Rand because he still hasn't give the Aiel directions on what they should do.

As for the prophecy of Rand's bowing before Fortuna (Tuon), I remembered reading somewhere that it was a Two Rivers custom for a man to bow before the happy couple to congratulate them on their marriage. I think Rand will do so after he found out Mat and Fortuna's marriage so he will fulfill that prophecy in a way that Fortuna would not expect. :XD

I think the Senchean will be more willing to compromise with Rand especially after they saw the Trollocs and realized that the threat is real. Likewise, she will probably be affected by Rand's t'avern (sp) effect now that he's been saved by the Light. IIRC, Tuon would have agreed to Rand's terms but she was frightened by his dark aura.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top