I'm official now!

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Haha, almost everyone likes Arima, myself included. I'm yet to meet someone that doesn't. I'm kinda the same. Well I'd prefer to watch anime than read manga but I often find that I read manga more than anime though that's mostly because I only recently got into anime asides a few basics.

I don't read Gintama so I don't know about that :XD
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You're new to anime? When I first got into anime, I started off by watching it, Angel Beats, as you know. I didn't get into manga until I started watching Naruto, after about fifty or so episodes, I discovered that if you read the manga it's, in some cases, beyond and more in depth, than the anime, that's when I started reading Naruto rather than watching it. Then I got into Manhwa and so on.

So what anime are you currently watching? Maybe I could check them out? Right now I'm occupied with Prison School. A hilarious and visually entertaining anime that I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of ecchi of course, although a "bit" is a bit of an understatement. :p
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well not really that new to anime. I probably watched my first almost 10 years ago. Either death note or claymore, can't really remember. After a few more years, I watched naruto and bleach. Then after a bit more time, I watched some of fairy tail. What I meant was that I didn't really bother checking out other anime until recently. In the past few months, I've watched FMA brotherhood, Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay night UBW, No game No life and Steins Gate Not really much but I only really decided to start watching recently. I have a couple more that were recommended to me that I plan to check out. I enjoyed all of them but my best there were probably NgNl and Steins Gate.

About prison school, lol I know there's a lot of ecchi. I don't watch the anime but I read the manga. I plan to check out the anime at some point.
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
FMA, is it good? I've always been skeptical as to whether it was worth watching or not. No game No life, that one is relatively new isn't it? I have so many anime on the bucket list that I lost count haha. I know I've seen Steins Gate somewhere before, but I overlooked it for reasons I can't remember.

Who is your favorite character in Prison School? I didn't really have one before the anime came out, but after it was released, I immediately took a liking to the chairman above everyone else. Kiyoshi giving us viewers some insight on how breasts came to be what it is today was very funny. Gakuto, other than the chairman, is also a favorite, he's very loyal to his friends, and that's a very likable trait. The opening was also beyond my expectations, one of the best I'd seen in awhile.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Yes FMA is good. Very good imo. The story is very nice and the fights as well. Some of the fights were really nice. You should give it a go. I didn't think I heard anyone saying it was a waste of time or anything like that. Yeah NgNl is pretty new. Only 1 season but it's very nice. Jut about my best. It's about games but it's not so crazy that it bores. There's enough comedy and ecchi packed in as well. Steins gate was also really nice. It might seem a little weird and stuff at first but you get pulled in pretty soon and about halfway, there's this change in the whole thing that's just crazy. Well of course personal tastes come into play and all but I liked all 3 a lot.

Kiyoshi and Gakuto are my best. Lol prison school is seriously hilarious most time. The chairman is cool too. For females, Hana is my best. Hana x Kiyoshi ftw. When you say 'before the anime came out' does that mean you read the manga too?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Tell me about Air after you've watched it then :XD

I only read FMA. It felt to me the author had absolutely everything planned out right from the beginning. From as early as chapter 1 she knew exactly what she was gonna to draw for the next 100 chapters or so. It was a bliss to submerge myself in that world of FMA. I personally reread this countless times over the years :D

The same author picked up and redrew an old novel series recently, and it's being animated starting from last season (still ongoing.) The name's Arslan Senski. Having read FMA, I must say her choice in picking up this series is a good idea since everything about the story fits her style perfectly.

Gintama is comedy gold, or so most people would label it. I think it has more than just comedy. You want action, you get action; you want tearjerker, you get tearjerker. I would definitely choose the anime over the manga since the voice acting is topnotch. Definitely my favourite series of all time.

I second Steins;Gate as well. If I were to introduce anime to a friend who's never been into these things before, this would surely be one of the few series I'd ask them to start with. Maybe that says something about this anime.
 

Kamui

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
183
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama is comedy gold, or so most people would label it. I think it has more than just comedy. You want action, you get action; you want tearjerker, you get tearjerker. I would definitely choose the anime over the manga since the voice acting is topnotch. Definitely my favourite series of all time.

I second Steins;Gate as well. If I were to introduce anime to a friend who's never been into these things before, this would surely be one of the few series I'd ask them to start with. Maybe that says something about this anime.
I'll keep that in mind, Gintama will be next on my list of anime to watch, I've always been interested in it, I just didn't have the motivation or patience to watch a series that's already so many episodes in, I guess I'll just marathon it until I catch up to the latest episode. FMA looks interesting as well, although I'm not sure when I'll get to it since I have other manga and anime to check out first. (Unfortunately, I'm not a very good multi tasker.) :neutral

Kiyoshi and Gakuto are my best. Lol prison school is seriously hilarious most time. The chairman is cool too. For females, Hana is my best. Hana x Kiyoshi ftw. When you say 'before the anime came out' does that mean you read the manga too?
Yes, I'm currently reading the manga, but I think I need to go back because I got lost after the Hana and Kiyoshi blanket scene.

Hana is best girl without a doubt. And I agree with your ship, it's clear as day how Hana feels about Kiyoshi and I wish she would just tell him already IMO, or Kiyoshi would just realize how Hana feels about him. I thought she had made it pretty clear how she felt about him when she kissed him, but he still doesn't get it. Hopefully, Kiyoshi and Hana's relationship will continue to grow as we progress through the story, and Kiyoshi begins to see that Hana truly cares for him.
 
Top