Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hi decadencia, Yume, and Terasiel! Welcome to MH, we're glad to have you here~~ Have fun, and if you have any questions be sure to let a global know, we're here to help you guys out! See you around General Discussion, I hope :amuse
 

Rinvak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Better late than never to introduce, especially when it comes to lurkers, right... right?

Well, for most of my life I've found that I rather enjoy video games, and while in high school I discovered wondrously frustrating world of programming. Ever since my goal has been to become a programmer in video games.

I find that I tend to enjoy a lot of the manga I read, and I somehow find joy in looking at a character's actions and using those to guess how they might act next.

So I say greetings and salutations the Mangahelper community, I'll try to lurk less; I mean I can't shy away from social interaction my entire life, right... right?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have a horrible habit of overusing commas, forgot to mention that, sorry.
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Introduction Thread

Uhm, welcome Rinvak, man you kind of put me to shame when it comes to lurking dont ya? :D

Anyways, since ya want to be more active, come n' hang out with the rest o'the lot, I really want to see your overusage of commas too :XD
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Rinvak and Terasiel ^^

-Enter generic greeting here- XD
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to all the cute newbies here!

I'd just like to say something here.

To many of you guys, your introduction posts lately have been very, very awesome. I have the impression that some of you would be absolutely awesome members here.

But I've noticed a trend of newbies coming around to post about themselves, then disappearing for quite a while. :(

So please try to get involved in the community, because some of you certainly seem very cool and I'd love to hear more from you all. ^^
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

So many new members, so i'm just gonna give everyone a big :glomp and welcome each and every new member here. And Yume, perhaps you'd be interested joining the discussion at the Manga Mommies' & Daddies' Corner. :D
 

Shadow8

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, my name is Julien, 19 years old. I live in province Québec(Canada) Il ove the seine. Myu best manga is Berserk I am best in french that english.

My top 10 manga: 1-Berserk
2-Jojo Bizarre's Adventure
3-Vagabond
4-Zetman
5-Claymore
6-Hellsing
7-Monster
8-Akira
9-Gantz
10-Elfen Lied
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Rinvak, glad you decided to stop lurking! :XD

Welcome to MH, hope to see you around here, and good luck with your programming stuff! And don't worry about overusing commas, I noticed a few semicolons in your post as well, so at least you're going for diversity :p


and hello Shadow8! Welcome to you too, looks like you have great taste in manga ^^ Hope to see you around General Discussion, and be sure to check out the French hangout thread too :amuse
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, my name is Julien, 19 years old. I live in province Québec(Canada) Il ove the seine. Myu best manga is Berserk I am best in french that english.

My top 10 manga: 1-Berserk
2-Jojo Bizarre's Adventure
3-Vagabond
4-Zetman
5-Claymore
6-Hellsing
7-Monster
8-Akira
9-Gantz
10-Elfen Lied
oh great! a frenchspeakin' dude that isnt scary (yet :shifty).

can you translate this for me?

Va te faire foutre.

and

Ta mere est une putain.

Some french dude spamms me with this >_> annoying as hell

Anyways welcome join me here n talk some smack or whatever >_>

QUICK! :p
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to the forums Shadow! Out of your top 10 vagabond and berserk are my favorite. See you around!
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

i think it's only appropriate for my first post to be my introduction, so here goes...

well, i'm 28 and have lived in chicago for about a year and a half now. i actually grew up in indiana, but decided to move to the city after i was done with school basically just to see what it was like. i love it so far. as you can see, i'm on the older side of this community, but have probably gotten into anime and manga later than most of you. i started watching anime about 2-3 years ago and stumbled onto manga online at the beginning of this year. once i got started, i couldn't believe what i had been missing out on! i tend to like mostly shonen titles so far (naruto and bleach are my faves). i finally decided to tackle reading one piece (i'm on chapter 400, so i'm almost done) and it took me quite a while to really get into the story, but now i'm loving it.

ok, what else? i'm really laid-back. that's probably why my favorite characters tend to be kind of the same way (shikamaru and kakashi from naruto and urahara from bleach). my dislikes include olives, raw onions, and physics and my likes include cult comedy, nerdy chemistry stuff, going out for a cold beer with my friends, and naps on rainy days (sooo relaxing).

i'm going to try and stop lurking and start participating from now on, so i hope to chat with you all in the near future!
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, igotthegoods!!! Glad you've stopped lurking, and have fun here!!!
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

i finally decided to tackle reading one piece (i'm on chapter 400, so i'm almost done) and it took me quite a while to really get into the story, but now i'm loving it.
another One Piece fan! :pmg

hi there, igotthegoods! welcome to MH ^^ No worries about your age, I'm a late bloomer too in terms of my manga obsession xD and I'm very very glad you like OP, it's awesome, isn't it? :nuts

Hope to see you around General Discussion! :amuse
 

_Zac_

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello everyone!

I like anime and manga a lot (suck at drawing, though I'm interested in drawing).

I have a small manga collection and my favorite animes are One Piece, Paranoia Agent and Zetsubou.

I love programming a lot (though I only know a little Visual Basic and GML) and have made some games.

I know a lot about sleep and I'm working on getting lucid dreams. I really want to get a photographic memory which I think is the most useful power for this day and age.

I hope to learn about different mangas and have fun posting in the forums.

Oh, BTW I like to edit my posts a lot.
 
Last edited:

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Zac. Have fun!
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hey Zac! So many new OP fans around here, I'm in heaven! :XD

Have fun here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask ^^ Hope to see you around General Discussion! :amuse
 

Shadow8

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to the forums Shadow! Out of your top 10 vagabond and berserk are my favorite. See you around!

Berserk Rule!:D

et c'est: Ta mère est une putaine.

I don't scare for my french. I have a adventage on member because I control the french and English. :grin
 

bigtymer32

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
704
Reaction score
18
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hey whats up guys.i used to just come on to just get scans but now i'm all into the site.its so fun naurto and bleach are my fav anime/manga of the moment :)
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hi bigtymer! Glad you've decided to stick around, it is fun here ^^ Have a great time, and if you have any questions feel free to let a mod know :amuse

See ya!
 

Oblivion

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
773
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

hiho, i am new as ya can guess,

i am a GFXer, draw a bit and live in Frankfurt und study Biology and i love music
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top