Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Wow, it's so awesome to see so many new people here! I love to see MH grow :smile-big

Anyways, welcome to the boards, everyone! Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Have fun =D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

I havent been in this thread for a while. So many new members here, awesome!! :D
See you around the forum, guys & girls. May the force be with you. :D
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Helloooooo and welcome Shake, Dash4, Sunshine, and Kizume! Hope you all have a great time here~ :amuse

and Sunshine, you're so lucky to be in Dublin! I love that city <3
 

Sunshine

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
Re: Introduction Thread

thx all for this great welcome^^

yes Dublin is a great and groovy city, full of crazy people^^ it's so different from France! here you can't talk with everybody and everybody comes to talk with you, there are lots of things to do : concerts, exhibits, theatre.... hang out in Temple Bar until collapse...:) love it^^
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Introduction Thread

Hiya ^_^

My name's Sherbetmayhem (but you can call me Sherby) and I am 21 :) I'm a girl, in University in England, studying English Language and Literature, in my final year :) I adore Naruto, and some other manga too (I also watch the anime). I think Kishimoto is actually a genius and work hard to spread the word about him (I've already dragged about 6 of my friends down into this Naruto-obsessed oblivion with me, lol).

I am quite the grammar nazi, which has probably been bred into me by the educational system. Next year I hope to train to be a teacher of English and Drama (they were always the cooler teachers at school, lol) in secondary English schools (meaning aged 11-18, as this quite often includes college years).

I love meat and hate vegetables (except lettuce, onion, and parsnips... mmm... oh and carrot as long as it isn't all mushy). I'm allergic to LOADS of stuff, including sand, horses, and kiwi fruit (that is NOT pretty). I'm as short as Ed Elrich and I'm a great writer but a useless updater - I always have too much work at uni!

I speak incredibly limited French and even more limited Japanese (i.e. a total of about 8 words). Like I say, I'm a total Narutard and even managed to wrangle my English tutors let me discuss it at dissertation level (I'm sure I've seen a thread here discussing Sasuke as a perfect Aristotalean tragic hero - I focussed more on the elaborate revenge tragedy Kishimoto has set up and compared it with other contemporary revenge tragedies, such as Sin City, as well as playing with the classics like Hamlet).

I have brown hair and tiny legs. I am quite cute in a 'like a deer' way :) I live in a house with 3 friends at uni and have a great time hiding under people's beds and scaring the crap out of them.

Is that it? ^_^;
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey, welcome to the MH forums, Sherbetmayhem (Long name!)!!! Awesome to see new Naruto fans around, so be sure to post in the Naruto forums, to discuss about the latest chapter, or just chat about your favourite couple. If you have a problem or question, PM one of the mods about it. Seeya around the forums!!!
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Sherby xD It's always nice to say hello to "new" Naruto fans here on MH :wtf

Sherbetmayhem said:
and have a great time hiding under people's beds and scaring the crap out of them.
You know, when I read that, it somewhat reminded me of one of the scenes from "The Grudge" movie xDxDxD
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hello and welcome to mangahelpers, Sherbetmayhem! i hope that you have fun on the various forums though it seems that you'll be hanging out at the naruto sections a lot ^^ (don't forget about the general discussion!)

if you have any question or concern, feel free to contact a mod!
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Introduction Thread

You know, when I read that, it somewhat reminded me of one of the scenes from "The Grudge" movie xDxDxD

Hahaha :D My friend's reaction was probably on a similar scale to the reaction of someone having the kid in the Grudge crawl out from under their bed :D I've done it for like 2 nights in a row now - I'm seriously going to give her heart trouble. I need to find a new place - I'm going to have to investigate her wardrobe and see what trouble I can cause by hiding in there :D hahaha :D

Thanks for all the welcomes peoples! I won't forget the general threads either :D xxx
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey Sherby! Welcome to MH ^^ Have an awesome time! :amuse
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Introduction Thread

People, yeah, I know is a little weird because I'm here for about 1 year and 6 months, but anyway, it's better a later(very very very later) introduction than nothing, right?
My name is Bruno, I'm from Brazil, and I'm 24 years old; Back in the middle of 2006, I was beginning to read naruto and bleach manga, and a friend told me about a great site who has all of the newest of both manga, and so I came here.
Animes are my passion, I have about 100 dvds with naruto, bleach, all gundams, saint seiya dragon ball, etc, but beside animes, I'm a totally gamer, most of my free time I spend in both
Since I was a child, i've been training in various martial arts, like aikido, karate, judo and I think that is the main reason that I've liked so much animes, and mainly, fighting games
But in actual days, unfortunately I have so little time to these things because my job take almost of my time, but it's not a bad thing, because I'm a .Net programmer, and programming is another of my passions since the university, and the money is a great reward, hehe.
Well, people, please forgive me for this so late introduction, but I'm talking serious, mangahelpers is one of the best site that I know, if not the best, for that reason, I'm planning to stay here for a long long long time, and the introduction is a great way to make new friends here!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hello and welcome to mangahelpers, patedecarne! a late welcome is definitely better than none at all :amuse

it seems that you are already having fun in this forum so keep enjoying your time here. if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm a mod!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey there, Sherbet and Patedecarne =D It's good to meet you =)

let us know if there's anything we can do for you :amuse
 

Sherbetmayhem

Proofreader
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
65
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Introduction Thread

Thank you everybody :D Everyone is very welcoming :D
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Sherby and patedecarne, welcome to Mangahelpers. Have fun. :)
 

Yun Min

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi! ^_^

I'm Yun Min, and I've been a manga fan for almost a year now. My favourite series are probably Fullmetal Alchemist and Fruits Basket, though I like lots of other manga as well.

I don't only read the stuff, I am a budding manga artist, and consider myself part of the still growing British manga scene. I don't actually have anything really done yet, but I'm working on it.

My other interests are quite limited - I write a bit, draw, and play a bit of violin and Piano. I'm still in school, so homework can take up a fair bit of my time. Someday, I'd love to learn Russian, Korean and Japanese.

I've been hanging around the FMA section for a few months now, but only just got an account. Hopefully, I'll be sticking around.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hello and welcome to mangahelpers, Yun Min! i hope that you have fun posting in the various forums though it seems like you're already acquainted with the fma section ^^ i look forward to seeing some of your art work and hopefully you won't forget the general discussion!

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm a mod.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH Yun-Min. I also love FMA, although I have taken a break from reading it so that I can catch up in other series. Im gonna start workin on my drawing soon and dont tell anyone but ive got a plot for a manga in my head!
Well have fun!
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Yun-Min, welcome to Mangahelpers. Have to fun. :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey Yun Min =D Welcome to MH! It's good to see another FMA fan here :amuse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top