Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome eQuek!

Hehe...you really have the "right" hobbies for a community like this.
So you like Hikaru No Go? I have read it till vol 23 but it seems that the Edited Manga process has stopped with that. I hope to have the chance to read more of this.

Anyways, glad to have you here.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

I thought 23 volumes was it for Hikaru no Go. The artist's moved on to Death Note, anyway.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

I thought there were more because someone told me of a show-down between the two main charactes which I haven't seen yet.
But perhaps I'm mistaken...@_@
 

vaizards

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Khaludh said:
Hehe, "that's all", sure you can tell us a little about your favourite characters, how you got into manga/anime etc ;)

Welcome to MangaHelpers, vaizards!! :thumbs
Ohh.. really i forget to tell more..
Right now I like vaizards and orihime..
I started buy some manga from the shop and started to like it..
After that i started to find it online..
about anime.. i download just bleach
I'm quite busy to read other manga.
Ok thats all i think
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Sweet on Orihime, huhn?

Miso said:
I thought there were more because someone told me of a show-down between the two main charactes which I haven't seen yet.
But perhaps I'm mistaken...@_@
Hm, well, just looked it up at wikipedia, and it said HnG finished at 23 volumes, but there were some additional otakes that were separate from the series, maybe that's what you're thinking about.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Introduction Thread

hello there, i'm a new guy. I say silly things and i can't stay on a spot for a minute :p. I am a good friend of Anaks, from the same internet cafe that we use. I am a manga lover but i wouldn't say no to a good anime (series, movie or OVA). I 'd like to join your.... (can i say clan? :amuse) company after Anaks advised me to do so you may see some of my posts here and there. As you can see from my avatar and my signature i can't control myself on recognising Alucard as the Evil/Neutral/Good or whatever hero of all time :) :amuse :loool :kukuku
My true name is George but as for my nickname few know (:crying very few) that i took from the book Silmarilion of J.R.R. Tolkien (u know, the one that wrote the trilogy Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit and a few other books about Middle Earth). anyway he is there what we have for god here (u know God, Allah, Bouda...and Iluvatar :notrust what can you say)
that's all lads, see you in the forums :amuse
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Ilu. :amuse I take you must be cool, since Anax is your friend. ^___^
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Ilu!

It's not that bad that you don't watch that many anime series - this forum is focussed on manga anyways. ;)

FMA was surely kickass - I understand why you would want to choose an avy from that series.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Introduction Thread

The Silmarrilion rocks :D what was Iluvatar's other name again... Eru? Anyway: cool to have you here
*oh god, another Anax*
*oops, did they hear me think?*
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

Iluvatar...can I just say how much I like your avatar. That is one cool avatar.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcomem eQuek and ILUVATAR. :glomp :glomp

Have a good time here and enjoy yourselves.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Iluvatar, hope you have fun here, it's cool to have a friend of Anax's with us here.

We really should start a Lord of the Rings thread here. We certainly have enough fans.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Introduction Thread

really? :spaz :clap :crying :whoo :dance
that would be great :dance :hug :glomp :spaz:
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Eileen and I are pretty big LotR fans ourselves ;D

I watched the first movie over 15 times at the theater. It's still the only movie I've ever done that with... I also reread the books two times. ;)
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Ah I just saw this thread here.

::waves:: Hello everyone I am new here.

Umm...lets see......this is not the first forum that I have been on. I actually run another forum of my own called Randomness, which is very very tiny compared to this place but that is because it is mainly just close friends we have known for years.

I love a lot of anime and manga including series such as Fruits Basket, Naruto, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist etc. I am also rather fond of well written fanfiction....and spend a lot more time than I should crawling thru Fanfiction.net. =/

On a more personal note I am currently in college painfully working my way towards a BS degree in Chemistry and although I desperatly want to take some Japanese classes...they are only offered during the day and I go to school at night. Tis a cruel twist of fate and I see myself leaning towards picking up a book and teaching myself.....maybe. It was inspiring to see that other people here have done just that so I know that it is possible. I just dont know where to start.... @_@

So yup....that is me. :amuse
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Introduction Thread

hello tamerlane,and welcome to manga helpers::waves back::.
love yor avatar and sig,well i am studying too and chemistry is one of my majors,
next year i am going to study quantum mechanics in detail :sweatdrop.
you seem to be more experienced than i am in both manga and forums,but i wanted to welcome you anyway
becuase i liked your sig :smile-big.
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Tamerlane!

Nice that you decided to join.
Chemistry? That's the one subject I definitely didn't like at school - no offense. :)
What does BS mean?
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Introduction Thread

Miso i think it means Bachelor of Science ,sometimes written as BSc, i think :blink
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Yep, Bachelor of Science. I got two BAs which was Bachelor of Arts in college.

Welcome to MH, Tamerlane! As conan already mentioned you certainly have a cool signature. O0 Make yourself at home here and feel free to ask any of our translators for tips and advice :) I'm sure you will do great.

Oh, and that's cool about your fanfiction hobby. We're thinking about making a forum soon here for writers of both reviews and fanfics, actually. :ninja
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

conan said:
Miso i think it means Bachelor of Science ,sometimes written as BSc, i think :blink
Yup that is correct.

conan said:
well i am studying too and chemistry is one of my majors,
next year i am going to study quantum mechanics in detail :sweatdrop.
I really admire you for that....I always thought that Chemistry was difficult enough...without Quantum Mechanics. @_@

Gold Knight said:
Oh, and that's cool about your fanfiction hobby. We're thinking about making a forum soon here for writers of both reviews and fanfics, actually. :ninja
o_o

That would be really neat. If you guys ever wanted some good fanfics I have a few that I think were particually well written in the Naruto fandom. As mentioned before I spend a lot of time reading fanfics.....I actually had an idea to open a site that was devoted to housing the best of them. But I actually have to find time to put it all together. Work and school do not leave me with much free time on my hands. :s

In fact this is as far as I have gotten with it: http://illuminations.randumbness.net/


Also thanks to everyone for the welcome.....I like this place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top