Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlyStar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I won't give my name, but I am a Taiwanese/Chinese student at the University of California, Irvine. I was born profoundly deaf with a genetic disorder called Waardenbuurg syndrome, so I am very unusual in that I am pure Asian and yet have blue eyes.

I have a dream of becoming a military fighter pilot, but being deaf complicates things. For now, I am doing the -premed classes because I want to do the med/business joint grad school thing. I plan on making lots and lots of money.

Things that piss me off is being deaf, and despite having two cochlear implants, not hearing well enough for group conversation really irks me.

I like working out, sports, boxing, reading, manga, and good movies.

My favorite manga series are Hajime no Ippo, NANA, and Naruto.

My favorite manga characters right now are Takamura and Hidan.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Introduction Thread

Nice to meet you MyOnlyStar. Blue eyes eh..... I think that's wonderful, an Asian with Blue eyes! Very very unique, I believe you're special. I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the idea of being "deaf", I'm sure it takes out a lot of fun in the world (like music and such and such). However you are now in MH where you're words WILL be heard from every member who sees it. It's great that you get to share the love of manga as the rest of us. I'm White Silver (formerly known as Kunai Jutsu) will be glad to take you to this entourage.....
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

alo MyOnlyStar (love your nick) like Kunai (@white silver) says, you're unique :hi5 i can name you a bunch of asians that would 'kill' for blue eyes. think of all that money spent on blue coloured contact lenses...when they can use that money to buy manga instead :Haha

welcome to MH and happy posting!
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

hi MyOnlySta! Brede took the words out of my mouth. anyway, love your nick! happy posting! :glomp
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi MyOnlyStar. I hope you have fun at the forums, and you should talk to GK (Gold Knight), one of our great admins here. He's deaf too, so I'm sure there's a lot of things you could share with each other that only another deaf person would understand. (Not trying to be rude here.) And as an asian with "regular" eyes, I think it's great that you're so unique. While I don't and wouldn't spend money on contacts (other than the perscription kind), I would LOVE to have such unique eyes naturally. :D

Anyways, welcome to MH and have a great time!
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to our establishment, I hope you enjoy your stay =)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, MyOnlyStar. Make yourself comfortable. Would you like anything to drink? *gives MyOnlyStar a glass of cool water*
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Welcome to MH, MyOnlyStar. Make yourself comfortable. Would you like anything to drink? *gives MyOnlyStar a glass of cool water*
hey! no cookies this time? :crying
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hahah! Afraid not. It's 6:56 AM here so it's fasting time. be back here in 11 hrs, then i'll be handing out cookies... unless i'm watching football and forgout about this.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

oh yeah! i remember. you're in the middle of Ramadan. anyway, i'll be looking forward for that cookie. :D
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

How about some cake? I made some cheesecake today. Anyone care for some? :D
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Introduction Thread

WinterLion said:
How about some cake? I made some cheesecake today. Anyone care for some? :D
Only if you're willing to package it using DHL to send it overseas!
 

mozetsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

hello people..i've been lurking around MH ever since its started but i figured, why not start posting and show some appreciation to the Manga Editors, and at the same time mix around!

So, im 19 this year, living in the main city of Malaysia, doing my second year in Monash university now in my bachelor of Science(biotechnology) course which pretty much takes the word social out of my life. mmm i'm currently reading bleach, naruto, one piece and 666 satan..watching naruto(damn fillers), bleach, deathnote, Dgrayman, one piece.
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Great to have you join in on all the fun, mozetsu. :smile-big Hope to see you and your posts around in the future. ;)

@White Silver: Hmmm... depends how far I have to send it. ;)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

MyOnlyStar and mozetsu: Welcome to MangaHelpers! :woo :whoo

Hope you enjoy it here ^^ If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. I'm sure everyone else here would be glad to help too ^^

I look forward to seeing ya'll around the boards!
 

barnmaid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Konnichiwa! imnew..only my 3rd day here lol
um i love naruto,blech,d.grey man and the such. also full metal alchemist. i dont like ignorant ppl,or brussel sprouts.
im goin to japan in july for 3 months to learn more about the culture and anime.
i live in a small town on the west coast, a senior in hs,and really want to live in japan.
um fav char. ----> :kkbook :sandspin :zabuza :sasufire

<3
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Let me be the first to say: Welcome to MH barnmaid. :amuse

It's great to hear that you're planning on going to Japan! Have you already worked everything out about where you'll be staying and such? Or are you still planning it?

Anyways enjoy your stay here.
*hands out a welcome cookie*
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, barnmaid! :hug Im a senior in High school too ^^ Have you started working on college applications yet? :s pretty killer. And wow, you're so lucky! you get to go to Japan? I'd love to be able to go ^^
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Introduction Thread

i'm Mugen, hello everybody!
guess my introduction is way too late after umm I don't know how many posts I have but it's a lot i think
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Mugen, and welcome officially. Though I've seen you around the forums quite a bit. :amuse And it's never too late for an introduction.

*hands welcome cookie*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top