Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi ichimaru_gin_n_tonic! :smile-big I like your name. And the avatar. It's nice to have you participating here (it's more fun than leeching!). You have an intresting profession.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Gold Knight said:
That's pretty cool. Do you get to meet a lot of artists, writers, etc.?

And translate? From Japanese into English?
Only local artists/writers. And I translate from English to Indonesian language.

Ayah said:
Hi ichimaru_gin_n_tonic! :smile-big I like your name. And the avatar. It's nice to have you participating here (it's more fun than leeching!). You have an intresting profession.
Hi Ayah, your avatar's cool too. Anything purple is awesome.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Only local artists/writers. And I translate from English to Indonesian language.
Hi Ayah, your avatar's cool too. Anything purple is awesome.
Oh, I see. What manga do you read? Maybe you can translate some stuff into Indonesian for us here, show us non-Indonesians what the language looks like :)
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Hi Ayah, your avatar's cool too. Anything purple is awesome.
Thank you for the compliment! :amuse I used to post with purple as my font color but due to the arrival of the Grunge theme (Check 'Template' at the left, if you don't know already), I had to revert to the default font color. The reason is right under my avatar.

So you translate from English to Indonesian huh? There's someone who translates from English to Malay, and another who translates AND scanlates from English to Tagalog. I can't help but wonder how similar these 3 non-English languages are. If you ever feel like showing us an Indonesian translation, I might check it out and compare the language :D
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Well, I'll be ....... we now have our very own official insider in the manga/comic industry. :amuse

Welcome, ichimaru_gin_n_tonic (I love that drink and tonic in general)! Make yourself at home. :smile-big
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

@ichimaru : WOO another indonesian i assumed?
which magazine company you're working at?[br]Posted on: June 13, 2006, 03:46:08 PM_________________________________________________if you're indo,
i'm indo too..get too know other indo members here
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3373.0

if you're not,
welcome and don't mind me...
i'm just being delirious because of the world cup..
 

Dranxis

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Uh, hello there, I've been using this site for downloads for quite a while but I decided to drop in and participate in the forums at least. I'm not much of a translator but I like to get to know the people who put so much effort into these Edited Mangas. :amuse
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Introduction Thread

hello there Dranxis, welcome to the forums, I joined manga helpers for the same reasons, they are a friendly bunch, from translators to Manga Editors, coulorists, etc....

its good you joined instead of just down loading, hope you enjoy being a member. ;)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Dranxis said:
Uh, hello there, I've been using this site for downloads for quite a while but I decided to drop in and participate in the forums at least. I'm not much of a translator but I like to get to know the people who put so much effort into these Edited Mangas. :amuse
Welcome to the forums Dranxis, and this forum isn't ALL for translators and Manga Editors to hang out, y'know. It's also for their fans to come around and worship them! :nuts

Seriously, enjoy yourself here and have fun :amuse
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Gold Knight said:
Oh, I see. What manga do you read? Maybe you can translate some stuff into Indonesian for us here, show us non-Indonesians what the language looks like :)
Ayah said:
Thank you for the compliment! :amuse I used to post with purple as my font color but due to the arrival of the Grunge theme (Check 'Template' at the left, if you don't know already), I had to revert to the default font color. The reason is right under my avatar.

So you translate from English to Indonesian huh? There's someone who translates from English to Malay, and another who translates AND scanlates from English to Tagalog. I can't help but wonder how similar these 3 non-English languages are. If you ever feel like showing us an Indonesian translation, I might check it out and compare the language :D
Currently, I'm reading Fight Ippo, Black Jack, Whistle, Shin Tekken Chinmi (Kung Fu Boy here in Indonesia), Bleach and Eyeshield 21. My all time fave is Master Keaton, Shura no Mon and City Hunter.
That's a great idea. Maybe i'll try translating one of the series hosted here. But since I have to read comics, manga, watching anime, sleeping and (maybe) working, I might not be as awesome as others in speed.
@Ayah: Nice to know another purple lover here! My gf and friends wants me to buy shirts and t-shirts in any other color besides purple.

Predator_U said:
Well, I'll be ....... we now have our very own official insider in the manga/comic industry. :amuse

Welcome, ichimaru_gin_n_tonic (I love that drink and tonic in general)! Make yourself at home. :smile-big
I'm not really an insider, the company i work for is not a big one. We're still struggling to make it.

karasu said:
@ichimaru : WOO another indonesian i assumed?
which magazine company you're working at?[br]Posted on: June 13, 2006, 03:46:08 PM_________________________________________________if you're indo,
i'm indo too..get too know other indo members here
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3373.0

if you're not,
welcome and don't mind me...
i'm just being delirious because of the world cup..
Yes, I am an Indonesian. Thanks for the info, already posted my intro there too.
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Introduction Thread

:knk alo alo to nixuboy, ichimaru (love the gin & tonic nic) and dranxis! happy posting!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Brede. I love posting here, everyone's so nice!
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Dranxis. It's nice to see that more and more members decide to take part in this forum. :amuse

As for getting to know Manga Editors and translators, and artists, and all the other skilled people ..... you're in the right place. Also, feel free to give it a try yourself, if you want to. Who knows, maybe you'll like it.
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

hm..
i can probably translate stuff from japanese/english to indonesian..but the population for distribution is so small here, i wonder if anyone would've download/read it...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Introduction Thread

Oh yeah! Eileen drew a drinking Gin on MSN that you might enjoy, Ichimaru. Didn't think of it until Brede's comment about your nick. I don't think she'd mind me showing it:

 

Arsonist

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
256
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Ichimaru_gin_n_tonic (great name!)

lol, great pic!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Gold Knight said:
Oh yeah! Eileen drew a drinking Gin on MSN that you might enjoy, Ichimaru. Didn't think of it until Brede's comment about your nick. I don't think she'd mind me showing it:

Arsonist said:
Welcome Ichimaru_gin_n_tonic (great name!)

lol, great pic!
Wow, I don't know what to say. I really appreciate someone took the time to think about my name and even drawing what my avatar should've looked like. As all of you already know, it's taken from Bleach chapter 75, my favorite chapter. If you notice, on the anime there's a "censored" scene where Gin cut Jidanbou's arm. In the manga, Gin actually cut off Jidanbou's left arm.
As for the drink, it's one of my favourite beverages, after coffee and beer. But lately, water is climbing the chart.

I should stop now... Thanks for the kind attention.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Dranxis! I'm glad to have you around :amuse I don't translate or scanlate, but those who can will appreciate it if show your thanks to them. There's also a bunch of interesting stuff to do while in MangaHelpers such as trying out other manga, learning how to clean/color, and posting! (But please, no spam.)

@ ichimaru_gin_n_tonic
Yay, another purple lover! :turtle I know I've already said that I also like your name.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

I'm glad to meet another purple lover myself. FYI: I don't know about you, but I heard that most of us (purple lover) are being hunted by a secret organization...
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Introduction Thread

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I'm glad to meet another purple lover myself. FYI: I don't know about you, but I heard that most of us (purple lover) are being hunted by a secret organization...
:blink
wow, I mean I really dont know how to reply to that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top