Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

welcome to mangahelpers, Keii! i hope that you have fun posting in the forums including the general discussion section :amuse

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm any mod :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey Keii, welcome to MH =) Glad you wandered into the General Discussion section :nuts not nearly enough people do >.>
 

lordHokage

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
4,697
Reaction score
421
Gender
Female
Country
Bahamas
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to Keii, MH. Have fun. :)
 

MelandStv

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
16
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Everyone!:bye
I'm from Canada, I got a family, a full time job, blah, blah blah...:eyeroll
I've been reading manga and watching anime for a loooong time. My favs vary all over the place but I like anything CLAMP as a rule. LOL!
I'm not much of a poster, I prefer just to lurk in the background but I hope to be able to make at least some contribution to the community.
Thanks for having me!:D
Mel
 

aNYthing

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey guys I am new name is Rodney, Im from Brooklyn NYC....imma amateur manga artist, some thing I like to do is read manga , watch anime, dance, and do anything with computers and just hang out. I joined because this is a active with everything I can want


so hope you'll welcome me and I hope to make new friends....hey and also PM me and add me as a buddy
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome MelandStv and aNYthing.
If you have any questions pm a mod.
Have fun and hope 2 yall around!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

welcome to mh, MelandStv and aNYthing! i hope that you have fun posting in the various forums especially the TRC and xxxholic (MelandStv) and the ever important general discussion (you'll make a lot of friends here :amuse).

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm a mod.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

A big welcome to Heypress, Keii, MelandStv, and aNYthing! Hope you guys will have lots of good fun at MH. :D
 

sewda

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I'm Sarah, I'm 19, and I'm from the southern U.S.
My favorite thing in the world is going to uni and soaking up all the wonderful informational goodness (nerdy, I know)
I hate pickles, mayonnaise, and nuts in my cookies.
My dream is to retire early and spend my days reading and relaxing.
My ambition is to become fluent in at least 3 languages and accordingly become an international superhero.
My hobbies are reading books/manga, watching tv/anime, and pwning my friends in Scrabble.
That's me in a nutshell!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hi, sewda and welcome to mangahelpers! i hope that you have fun posting on the various forums especially in the general discussion section :amuse

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm a mod!
 

Flavor

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello :)
I'm from New England, so yeah. I've been lurking around for a long time but I never felt compelled to join until now. I'm a big music fan. My favorite anime of all time is Cowboy Bebop. I haven't watched anime or read manga for quite a while. Normally I'd be watching The Office or Scrubs but because of the writer's strike, I've decided to watch some anime and read some manga.

I also love DDR/ITG. I have 2 homebrew pads that I made. That's about the only gaming I do at the moment.

Anyway, it's a new year in a little over 4 hours, so I figured I'd try to waste more time on a forum. That's my new year resolution.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

welcome to mangahelpers, Flavor! have fun posting on the various forums (including this one)!

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm a mod
 

swankivy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
4
Age
48
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I also love DDR/ITG. I have 2 homebrew pads that I made. That's about the only gaming I do at the moment.
Cool! I play DDR too, and I had a cheap pad velcroed onto a big piece of plywood so I wouldn't have to deal with sliding. :) But then for this year's holiday gift one of my friends bought me one of those metal official tournament ones. I am soooo happy.

Are you really good at DDR? I've never passed a level 10 but I've passed a couple level 9's (and died afterwards)! I don't do any other gaming either. :)
 

Flavor

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I can do some of the harder 11's in ITG with a bar. Without a bar, I can only do some of the easier 11's.

In DDR, I can some 10 footers, but I can't do ones like FELM, FAXX or Healing Vision on Oni.
 

swankivy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
4
Age
48
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

I can do some of the harder 11's in ITG with a bar. Without a bar, I can only do some of the easier 11's.
Ah, I don't know ITG.

In DDR, I can some 10 footers, but I can't do ones like FELM, FAXX or Healing Vision on Oni.
I know of Healing Vision but I don't recognize the others. Maybe I am out of date, derrr.

Usually I'd go to the arcade and I'd see guys who are good but never girls who are any good. I'm always the best gal in the place. :D ::brags::
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MH, Flavor. I hope you will be active everywhere in the forum, especially this section. Stop by this thread once in a while to welcome other new members. :D

And I would like to remind everyone that we have a Hang Out Thread if you wanna have a convo, so you could just quote the post here and reply there. :D
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

hello and welcome Heypress, Keii, MelandStv, aNYthing, sewda, and Flavor! I hope I haven't missed anyone, if I did, feel free to yell at me! :p

hope you all have a great time in this fun place, and don't forget if you ever have any questions on the road of life you can always bother a mod :amuse
 

Theredbaron

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, my name is Stephen. I came here looking for a translated copy of my favorite manga's (Vandread) second volume. When I couldn't find it I tried to translated it my self. Seeing as I don't really know any Japanese, it took me a month to get the first 2 lines down. I had to give up. So I am back and looking for something else to read:).

O, and I do so love the sig/avatar PaperYomiko. R.O.D. was the first anime movie I ever saw, and got me into it all. I loved the tv show too. Such a great show, I would rank it high in my top 10.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Hey, welcome to MH theredbaron!! Nice to see new members around here. If you still want to read Vandread, post a request in the 'Translation Request' Forum, so that you can get your translation. Be sure to have fun here, and if you have a problem, don't hesistate to PM one of the mods. Seeya around!!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Introduction Thread

welcome to mangahelpers, Theredbaron! have fun posting in the various forums like the translation request thread (fro vandread), general anime section (for R.O.D), and of the general discussion section :amuse

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm any mod!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top