Archived Introduction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to MangaHelpers, Mireiyu, yFANTgirl and ruby_06! May you all enjoy your stay here :amuse
 

Rohitodorito

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi my name is Rohit, hence the username, Im OBESSED with anime, love reading manga in anyway that I can get to it, unless it is really bad or illegal in a really bad way, or is from an untrustworthy source.... anyways.... I love Naruto and eyeshield 21, but I shot myself from Bleach because of boredom..... and for some strange reason the character from anime that I like the most is either Vincent Valentine, or Kakashi since they both are originals in starting the newer cliches..... and I love to whatever I can sucessfully cook, and I am a computer expert, but mostly in software crap.... and I have a strange talent in finding things in the web better than most people..... anyways, I hope to enjoy the forums here at mangahelpers.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello Rohitodorito! Do you like Doritos? :p I think you'll enjoy this place because:

1. We have the latest Naruto chapters.
2. We also have the latest Eyeshield 21 chapters.
3. As far as I can tell, the people here are friendly.
 

Lyra Belaqua

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
85
Gender
Female
Country
Lithuania

Navid.

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
216
Reaction score
18
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Iran
Re: Introduction Thread

Hello :)...

I just noticed this section of MH, (been posting in Naruto discussion so far).

Anyway, my name's Navid hence the username, I'm 22 years old, I was born in Iran, but we moved to Norway when I was about 6 years, I lived there until I was 17 at which time we moved to the UK where I now live...

I'm studying (computer analysis) and working (at the bar at a night club) at the moment, which dosen't leave me with much free time, what little I have is spent:

Lazing in the park with freinds under the sun in the summer :p, and playing football, tennis and any other sport that's easy to pick up... I also enjoy a nice night out (I enjoy the girls more than the beer :amuse), going to gigs, and I try to have at least one vacation every year...

As for when it's not so sunny (most of the time :eyeroll) I do some gliding (flying planes without motors) and snowboarding (if I can find the snow).

And obviously I love a good manga/anime (what started it was a episode of Dragon Ball, but I really got into it afer I saw Cowboy Bebop), been enjoying Naruto for a while now (until fillers started :o) and have started watching Bleach as well now.

I'm also into good movies (Old Boy, Zatoichi, but Not Hollywood Sh*t) and quality music (anything from Nirvana to Red hot chilly pepers, but Not Rap).

Anyway sorry for the rant, and nice to meet you all... :smile-big
 

Mireiyu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Thanks for your kind words.If anything happens or when I want to ask about something I'll send a pm to you. (By the way I should write this before but I couldn't find time)

And welcome to yFANTgirl ruby_o6 and Rohitodoto.

Navid-san I enjoyed your long introduction.Waii a Cowboy Bebop fan I like Cowboy Bebop too.I think Spike is cool but I assume that you are a Faye Valentine fan or maybe Electra in the movie? Since you enjoy the girls more than the beer :)
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi Navid. When you say football, of course you mean soccer right ?
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Rampage said:
Hi Navid. When you say football, of course you mean soccer right ?
he's from UK, of course he's referring to soccer :D
countries that says soccer instead of football (as far as i know):
US
Australia
Singapore (they're interchangeable there.. since no one played footy)
anywhere else?
 

Navid.

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
216
Reaction score
18
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Iran
Re: Introduction Thread

Mireiyu said:
Navid-san I enjoyed your long introduction.Waii a Cowboy Bebop fan I like Cowboy Bebop too.I think Spike is cool but I assume that you are a Faye Valentine fan or maybe Electra in the movie? Since you enjoy the girls more than the beer :)
Thanks... (for reading that long ass rant about myself) :smile-big

I have to say I also think that Spike is very cool, and he/the animation/story/and the music used is why it really made me fall in love with anime... (also Electra is def better looking than Fay :p)

Rampage said:
Hi Navid. When you say football, of course you mean soccer right ?
karasu said:
he's from UK, of course he's referring to soccer :D
When I say football i mean football :p :smile-big, (yeah, soccer for all you guys/girls in the US, down-below and Singapore (didnt know they called it soccer over there))

By the way, while I'm on the it, I have always wondered why american football is called "football", I mean most of the time they throw the ball, hold it and run about by using your hands, they only kick the ball once every now and then???
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Introduction Thread

Navid. said:
By the way, while I'm on the it, I have always wondered why american football is called "football", I mean most of the time they throw the ball, hold it and run about by using your hands, they only kick the ball once every now and then???
we should start a discussion thread for that :D
i don't know too..i'm in australia but originally from Indonesia..
soccer is a more popular term with the youngsters..
ads, brandings, and etc use soccer..(EPL show on tv is called "Djarum Super Soccer", Djarum is a cigarette brand)
but football is the official english translation.. since the english being taught in singapore and indonesia is brits..
i guess it's the same with singapore too.. they're pretty much interchangeable..
soccer from american influence, football from british influence, we don't know anything about footy.. let's use both :D since nobody would get confused anyway..

in indonesian, "sepak bola" or football literally means Kick Ball (sepak = kick, bola = ball)
i guess it's the same with malay...
 

mari

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Re: Introduction Thread

Hi, My name is Mari. :)
I'm 17 years old.
I was born in Japan.. and I still live in Japan.
One time I went to Fussen, Germany when I was 12years old.
Because Fussen is my town's sister city. it was very beautiful. I want to go there again sometime. :turtle

My favorite things to do are reading books, watching movies and listening to music.
I like The Harry Potter Series and mystery books.
Some movies that I like are Pulp Fiction, Rain man , Matrix and movies like them.
I like to listen to The rolling stones , Led Zeppelin , System of a down....
The singer that I like the best is Patti Smith.
and I also like to listen to Japanese music.

Things I hate: tomatos, egg plants, meat(everything other than liver)

My dream is to develop new materials.

I hope to enjoy my stay here.
Thanks for reading! :woo
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Mari! Great to have another translator on board! I'm looking forward to reading your interpretation of the series we all love.:)
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Navid! You made an amazing intruduction! Sooooo long if compared with others. :p

Welcome you too, mari! :amuse You'll have no problems, with the conacts you have here. :smile-big
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome mari!! (again).
The prettiest Japanese girl. ;)
 

Kronose

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Introduction Thread

Holla Coma Esta,

Heh that bout uses up the things I can type in Spanish without talking about your mama! Anyway I'm the new guy take it easy on me I've never really posted on fourms before. Well let's see, I'm a big fan of anime, been so ever since I was small. Thanks to my Father and his military career I got to spend three years of my life on the Rock (Okinawa for those who don't know) when I was a child and I've been into the Japanese culture ever since. I later join the military myself and got lucky enough to get out before I had to ever see any combat.A friend of mine has been telling me this was an awesome place to come for anime and I've finally taken her advice. So here I am today talking to all of you. I'm a big fan of reading, beating any video game in a matter of days, and watching any most anime. Should any of you require more of myself feel free to send an e-mail or a pm and I'll answer anything you want to know.

Let me throw a shout out to my pal Tamerlane, see you around!!
 

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,303
Reaction score
29
Gender
Hidden
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Introduction Thread

:smile-big
Welcome, Kronose!

You're a bit wrong this is the greatest place for manga, but it's even better than anime.
And, as I see you're a friend of Tammie-chan. ..... The friends of my friends are my friends too. :thumbs
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Navid, Mari and Kronose. Hope you have a great time here, I know I do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top