Introduction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi, rockin_robin and Warinmon! :bye Welcome to MH! It's always nice to have a couple more OP fans around here. <3

Feel free to pm a mod if you have questions ^^
 

Starrked

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
1,726
Reaction score
296
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm hyn_pride93, but you can call me Hyn for short. I'm no new member but just thought I'd come here and support this thread :p.

FYI, hyn stands for Hawaiian. I'm from Hawaii and love MH. It truly is my escape from reality and have made many great and new friends that I hope to keep forever (one of them is right above this post :hi). Hope that you are able to experience the same kindness that I have!

I love Bleach and love Naruto. I also loved One Piece but just couldn't keep up with all of the chapters. :sweatbunny I really like Claymore, Fairy Tail, and Vampire Knight.
 

ShuriKenSS

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Well, my name is Humberto Castro, and I´m from México, from a city called Mexicali. I´ve got some time since I first arrived here, but I did´nt have any intention on getting registrated here. Today I just tought I have to take a little time to do it so I can reply on forums (sometimes I just NEED to do that).
Leaving that matter, right now I´m a university student, from the career of Derecho (wrongly abreviated simply as "Laws" - to being an attorney at law).
On my free time I just read books (primary novels and mythology), manga (the ones I can buy first, the scnalated ones later), watch anime, and videogames (pretty standar these days).
I hate almost everything, but "hate" is the word that I use whenever I get angry over something, I think I just don´t have enough patience. Don´t worry, I usually don´t say "bad things" to others, nor I fight over the things discussed in forums.
I know the process of Editing a little, because I made 3 Edited Mangas so far: Rosario+Vampire ch 40, Inumimi ch 13, and Rosario+Vampire II ch 13. I´ve done all the work (exception done for scaning the manga), and since I don´t speak japanese, it took me around 1 month to make the Edited Manga of the R+V 13, translating is a lot of work when you don´t know the basics...
Well, the translation of the R+V II 13 I got it here, but had some flaws, so ti took me 1 week to finish it, I took it without permission, because I never upload the finished Edited Manga. This is because I only scanlate when the chapter is late, and I want to read it, so if no one scanlates it, I do it myself (one of my lifetime motto is "if no publisher wants to publish your book, then fund your own publisher"), and FOR myself, so I don´t distribute it.
I´ll be making more Edited Mangas, but since It takes me decades, I don´t be posting them here.
So thats all, I think.
 

kehpped.crusader

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi!

Can I just start by saying this is probably the coolest site I've stumbled upon in a very long time? My inner Japanese translator is rejoicing!

Okay, back to the topic of intros...

I live in the Southern part of the US where there is not much by way of Japanese culture or people or anything, unfortunately. Which means nil practice except for what I can dig up on the internet. I was an exchange student a few years ago - any Kansai-ben speakers or understander-ers out there?? - and I wish I was fluent, but I have to settle for just being competent ;)

I'm looking forward to getting amazing constructive crits on my translations! So y'all be nice to me and tell it like it is.

Once again, mad props to this site :tem

kehpped.crusader
 

Lii-sama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Latvia
Hello! I am new here, joined just few days ago. About this site I knew already some while ago, but with the time I became regular peeper here since I wanted to know when I am going to get next chapters for my favorite manga. If they are here then soon they will appear on online reading sites. Ummm, sometimes I want to comment or say thank you so I just had to register, nee...
My real name is Liene tho my nick comes from days when I had lessons in Spanish and my Cuban lecturer couldn't spell my name so he made started to call me Lī or Lii (more traditional for English). I am 21 years old, soon I am going to be 22. I live in Latvia. This summer I graduated and got Bachelor's degree in Arts tho I couldn't find a job so now I am continuing to get my Master's degree in arts and I am studying Law at college. 2 different things tho I enjoy them. My plans for the nearest future is to stop asking money from my parents... I really hate feeling dependent on them since I am already adult well kind off adult tho still I prefer to be independent tho for now it's not possible :( My hobbies are taking photos, cycling in summer, skiing in winter, reading, going to cinema, exhibitions, theater etc. Usually I am very social person... I enjoy nice and heated discussions tho without offending others. There aren't so many things I hate tho I am afraid of heights. My favorite manga at the moment is Kuroshitsuji and damn, I always forget how to write it... erm... few other mangas :loool Well... I guess for now it's all, I will keep looking around to see what I can do here.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Hello Lii-sama! Welcome to the boards. =) Hope you will feel welcome here.

A quick note: While typing your posts in blue and a different font makes them stand out, we would rather you didn't. The reason is that each moderator has a different edit tag, that uses colors and fonts.

[herm]mine looks like this. [/herm]

So please try to use the edited text for emphasis only. ^^;

Otherwise, please enjoy your stay. ^^
 

ShuriKenSS

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Hello Lii-sama! Welcome to the boards. =) Hope you will feel welcome here.
So kehpped.crusader and I did`nt get a welcome. we´re rejected...
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So kehpped.crusader and I did`nt get a welcome. we´re rejected...
Please excuse Hermie for overlooking your names. :sweat I blame his internet troubles (:smack)

I'll give you both a welcome! :hug

@ShuriKenSS - You might want to check out the MH Academy for tips and tricks as a beginning Manga Editor. Maybe you can find some help to improve your speed and quality and (with translator permission) you can eventually start posting your Edited Mangas here ^^

@kehpped.crusader - A new translator is always welcome around here! Any specific projects you're thinking about picking up? I hope you continue to enjoy the site. :amuse
 

kehpped.crusader

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please excuse Hermie for overlooking your names. :sweat I blame his internet troubles (:smack)

I'll give you both a welcome! :hug
Aw, thank you! And I love your username; makes me jealous, lol!


@kehpped.crusader - A new translator is always welcome around here! Any specific projects you're thinking about picking up? I hope you continue to enjoy the site. :amuse
I actually came across this site because I was trying to find a project to translate for. I'm still working on it. The finding, that is ;) In the meantime, I'm just doing some practice translating with some shoujo raws I found off hanashi[dot]org. It's a 2 volume one-shot - I guess that would make it a short story? - just to get back in the swing of things.

It's great to be here! And thanks again for the welcome!

:D
 

Mousie

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Oh hai! ;D.

I finally find my way back to MH only to see that so much has changed over the course of a couple years and no idea how to retrieve my old DATA unless it's no longer retrievable.

Any how I am Mousie! :3
I am 25 yrs old, BlacKorean, and living on the tiny island of Guam.
I have accounts in myspace, twitter, youtube, blogtv, stickam, and several other places. You name it...I probably have it @_@.

I speak four languages: Good English, BAD English xD, Korean, and Japanese.
My mother is Korean hence the Korean part and I studied Japanese in school for three years. (Speaking is the easy part, reading and writing in Korean (never studied Hangul) or Japanese (kanji) is where I struggle.)

Even though I have no idea what I may be saying I can sing in SIX languages @[email protected] I'm crazy :P.

I don't think Fnuckale remembers me, but I've known/remember him back in the day Death Note first made it's appearance and I was an active poster with TOWNLMH forums. I have been away from the site for a long time, years in fact.

Hope to spread some goodness here =D

~Mousie
 

hikafuumi_shiouri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Greetings to all! I'm new here and I go by the name HikaFuUmi ShiOuRi. I currently reside in Okinawa Japan. I'm easily interested anything that captures my attention but unfortunately I procrasinate a lot. I love reading various types of manga (both new & old) and it's been a while since I've last watch anime series. I love to learn languages but whenever I stray from studying I have the tendency to stray for a long time. I'm into writing poetry, philosophy, martial arts, traveling, and many other entertaining things (varying on the mood, just not for a long time)!
 

ruka26

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
YO!

as my nic said, i'm ruka26, i've used this nic everywhere, they call me ruru.
anywho, bout me.. hmm, i write stories, compose songs, watch anime and draw stuff.

i like coloring many many stuff with adobe.

one of my dreams is to turn one of my story into a manga.


i run a bleach site. (wants to add a manga section T.T)
nice to meet you all!
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh hai! ;D.

I finally find my way back to MH only to see that so much has changed over the course of a couple years and no idea how to retrieve my old DATA unless it's no longer retrievable.

Any how I am Mousie! :3
I am 25 yrs old, BlacKorean, and living on the tiny island of Guam.
I have accounts in myspace, twitter, youtube, blogtv, stickam, and several other places. You name it...I probably have it @_@.

I speak four languages: Good English, BAD English xD, Korean, and Japanese.
My mother is Korean hence the Korean part and I studied Japanese in school for three years. (Speaking is the easy part, reading and writing in Korean (never studied Hangul) or Japanese (kanji) is where I struggle.)

Even though I have no idea what I may be saying I can sing in SIX languages @[email protected] I'm crazy :P.

I don't think Fnuckale remembers me, but I've known/remember him back in the day Death Note first made it's appearance and I was an active poster with TOWNLMH forums. I have been away from the site for a long time, years in fact.

Hope to spread some goodness here =D

~Mousie
welcome to mh

Greetings to all! I'm new here and I go by the name HikaFuUmi ShiOuRi. I currently reside in Okinawa Japan. I'm easily interested anything that captures my attention but unfortunately I procrasinate a lot. I love reading various types of manga (both new & old) and it's been a while since I've last watch anime series. I love to learn languages but whenever I stray from studying I have the tendency to stray for a long time. I'm into writing poetry, philosophy, martial arts, traveling, and many other entertaining things (varying on the mood, just not for a long time)!


YO!

as my nic said, i'm ruka26, i've used this nic everywhere, they call me ruru.
anywho, bout me.. hmm, i write stories, compose songs, watch anime and draw stuff.

i like coloring many many stuff with adobe.

one of my dreams is to turn one of my story into a manga.


i run a bleach site. (wants to add a manga section T.T)
nice to meet you all!
welcome back mousie, and welcome aboard, ruka, and hikafuumi :) please make yourselves at home here. dont mind the mess. avoid rabb. we think he's insane. ruka, you should check out the art and stories area; its a great place for all types of aspiring artists :amuse

hikafuumi, and mousie, the international resort is a great place to learn new and prefect old languages. so you two are both near american military bases, ever watch the jets and subs heading out? there is a chance i'll get stationed in Guam :amuse i dont really want to go there, though. if i was stationed there it would mean i got stuck on a sub, and i really dont like subs >_>;
 

KingItachi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What up everyone I'm the new noob in town please don't hurt me :D:D:D
 

dice-geist

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hi all.
Today I happened to find this community, and was moved by your energetic activity.

I'm a Japanese who live in Japan, and would like to help translating.
Unfortunately I don't have much time to spare in this year, but still I think I can aid you when you come up with points which you are not sure what it means. Please feel free to PM me:)

Finally I would like to introduce some of my favorite Mangas.
  • JoJo's bizarre adventure: The first manga which overcame Dragon Ball style power battle by introducing wit into battles.
  • Vagabond: Serious samurai tale with philosophical deepness.
  • Sōten Kōro: Alternative interpretation of Chinese historical saga "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" which is famous in Japan.
  • Shigurui: Another samurai tale with rather grotesque depiction.
  • The Ghost in the Shell: This Sci-Fi action might be famous for its animation by OSHII, but the original Manga by SHIROW is yet more cool.
As you can see, these are Mangas which doesn't show pretty girly characters, and this shows my inclination. Yet I like "Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" and "Lucky Star" too.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hello and welcome to mangahelpers, everyone! sorry for not welcoming you earlier (kinda busy with stuff :sweat)

i hope that you have an amazing time here and enjoy!
 

jhoel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
hi everyone, im an italian guy from naples, the vesuvio's city XD, im visited mangahelpers for few years but this is my first registration and i hope to join with you right now, i love the spoiler XD i'm hate waiting for the italian release.
I like so much manga, my fave are One piece, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy tail (my avatar confirm that XD), Eyeshield 21, HunterxHunter, Fullmetal alchemist (about this i'm writing a parody called "Full Metal Idiot" but in italian XD) Death note and more others.
i'm in the first year of the "Orientale" an university where i learning the japanese language, the raw original i found in this site help me so much for the read exercise ^^ , well i think this is all .. ah i forget.. sorry for my bad english i hope to get better if i write so much post on the mangahelpers forums XD see yaaa.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hello and welcome to mangahelper, jhoel! you like a lot of manga (not that that's a bad thing :amuse) also your english isn't that bad so don't be hard on yourself.

if you have any question or concern, feel free to pm me or any mod.
 

tristanj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Name: Tristan

Age: 25

Location: NY

Occupation: full-time physical therapist, part-time web designer, MANGA fanatic

Favorite movies: Pursuit of Happiness, Hitch, Bruce Almighty

Best movie I've seen recently: Pursuit of Happiness

Favorite musical artists: Jewel, Metallica, Sixpence None the Richer, Blue, U2, Usher, Aerosmith, Norah Jones

Other interests: target shooting, swimming, mountain climbing, badminton, and of course, MANGA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top