Shounen - Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I'm kind of surprised why I don't hear more from Inu Yasha fans in these forums (both here and NF) - especially considering fans of Inu Yasha (and Ranma 1/2) were probably the first "manga fandoms" that I occasionally would run into on the net.

I have a good friend in California (you know who you are ;) )and we brought each other manga for our birthdays. I got her Bleach; she got me Inu Yasha. (And for a later birthday, she sent me all her imported Inu Yasha anime too!) While I don't find it as interesting as Naruto or Bleach, it's proved to be a nice escape every now and then just to read a volume or two. I consider it pretty solid entertainment and the characters are very memorable.

Anyway, I don't think Inu Yasha needs much of an introduction, but just in case, here's the premise:

"A female junior high school student, Kagome Higurashi, falls through a well ending up in the Warring States Period. There she meets a half-demon named Inuyasha. The two ends up trying to get the shards of the "Shikon no Tama" (Jewel of the Four Souls) before they fall into the wrong hands. It's written and drawn by the same creator of Ranma 1/2, Rumiko Takashi.

I know it's a long series, and I'm probably not going to be able to catch up to the latest volume for a long while. But I'm currently on volume 18, when Inu Yasha and Kagome meet Goshinki, one of Naraku's "offspring."

So what do you think of Inu Yasha? Do you read the manga, or do you watch the anime, or both? Have you tried it, but didn't like it? Are you planning to read all the volumes? Is the pace just right for you or is it dragging too long? Do you like Rumiko Takahashi's work?

If you do like Inu Yasha, what's your favorite part in the story so far? Character? What would you like to see happen?

As with other similar discussion threads to this one, please be considerate and include spoiler tags so you don't accidentally spoil the plot for anybody else. Be sure to mention before the spoiler tags what volume or chapter you're at as well.

Ok, talk away.

I'm going to put a list of the previous releases in this thread, that way they're easily accessed ^^ Thanks to Freelance-Manga for the scans

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaDan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Re: Inu Yasha Discussion Thread

I used to collect Inu-Yasha actually, it was enjoyable and I got up to around the 200th issue and then stopped as it dragged. I hope there is a definate direction and end in sight so I may re-visit it one day. It's a shame really, the same happened to 3x3 Eyes and I hope Naruto or Bleach doesn't...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Sounds like the main problem is Rumiko Takashi is keeping Inu Yasha going too long, and there's not enough creativity anymore? Maybe that explains why I don't hear from fans anymore.

Do you know where Inu Yasha is at right now?

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I have actually been following the manga online and I have to agree that it seems like it had slowed down a lot. I heard the rumor that she wants to end it at about 500 chapters but I am not sure if that is true or not.

Currently the group just finished trying (yet again) to fight Naraku. Miroku actually came very close to finishing him off with the Kazanna but in the process was hurt badly by the poision. However, Kikyou came to the rescue and healed him only to tell him that if he used the Kazanna one more time that would be it for him. Miroku decides to keep this secret from Sango since he does not want to worry her more than she already is. They are now all currently trying to regroup and decide where they are going to go from there. Interestingly though it is the first time that Inuyashas group, Kikyou, Kouga, and Kohaku are all working together (for the moment anyways)

chin sai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

i am at about 365 and i can't find any new ones :smoke

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Here you go:

http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_manga/

This is the place that I go to for all the most recent chapters.

But if you are looking for some of the older ones this site does the translation but no scans:

http://www.wot-club.org.uk/Inuyasha/

Though it seems to be down at the moment, but hopefully it should be back up soon.

:)

chin sai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am happy that you like the links. Hopefully the second one will come back up soon since I think that would be the best place for you to get caught up.

I have not really been in the 'loop' for a bit on Inuyasha but I used to know some really good sites. Sadly I went to some of them and found them gone.

Anyone ever heard of Iridescent Dreams, the Inuyasha fanfiction site? Just curious since I was really involved in there before it exploded and was wiped off the internet. x_x

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the information, Tamerlane :)

Also, you can put your spoilers in spoiler tags, it's just like how you color your text; just replace color with spoiler. I did it for you - quote your post to see how to do it. :)

Sorry to hear all these sites disappeared - I heard the same thing happened to a lot of DBZ fansites. I guess it's just the servers became neglected and were taken down.

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ah thanks for fixing my post. That is the first time that I have seen something like that.....

::plays a bit with it::

That is really neat...

<_<

::makes the text appear and disappear a few more times::

>_>

Anyway....yeah I used to be into DBZ at one point and the same thing happened with them that is happening to Inuyasha concerning the websites.

It does not matter though I shall be stubborn and stick around to the end of the series just to see what happens to Kagome and Inuyasha. At one point I actually followed the story line more intently...but that is all that it really comes down to now. =/

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Ain't it? XD

Anyway....yeah I used to be into DBZ at one point and the same thing happened with them that is happening to Inuyasha concerning the websites.

It does not matter though I shall be stubborn and stick around to the end of the series just to see what happens to Kagome and Inuyasha. At one point I actually followed the story line more intently...but that is all that it really comes down to now. =/
A dedicated reader! Just what this thread needs. ;)

Btw, I think I saw some older Inu Yasha volumes available at lurk that you can get through mIRC too. I've yet to give it try though.

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Weeeee! XD It is always fun to learn something new!

Gold Knight said:
Btw, I think I saw some older Inu Yasha volumes available at lurk that you can get through mIRC too. I've yet to give it try though.
I would go for it. Although the series is dragging out at the moment it is still a good read. I am not sure what kind of manga that you enjoy, but this has a lot of action, angst, and some complicated character interactions.

Also Shippou is adorable. I mean how can you not like a little fox demon that turns into a big pink balloon. :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I like Shippo, but Miroku's definitely my fav. ^_^

Maybe I'll read more Inu Yasha soon. I was buying the volumes, but I can only spend so much money at any time so I guess I'll probably go ahead and read the online soon.

rapdroopy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
real DLL

:amuse hello
if you want inu yasha DLL link go here: http://www.vnmanga.com/truyentranh/manga.php?action=viewall (you must registered and you can DLL V1 to V28 :o :o :o :o)
to DLL last chapter go here: http://www.stoptazmo.com/ i know your forum here :blink :blink :blink
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
V29 à V38 by bittorent here: :eyeroll :eyeroll http://www.mangareactor.tk/ ;) ;) ;) ;)
:amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Cool, thanks rapdroopy :amuse

freespace2dotcom

Ah, well, I guess I could consider myself an inuyasha fan, but I definately agree that it needs to end. accorrding to a message from the author, it should continue at least another 50 or so chapters, and that's practically a whole 'nother year!

The whole thing seems very episodic, and many story arcs seem to reinforce overtly themes that have been stated over and over again. It's also suffered from repeated "gain new ability" arcs and some have joked that the telling of these ability upgrades have received more attention than character development, which I don't deny. :( Also I think it hold's the guiness record for "most numerous sucessful main villian escape attempts." there's been a bunch of points where the villians have been near thwarted but manage to slip away, thus keeping the series going.....

I personally watched the anime, but that ended prematurely, so I continued onward with the manga.

Well, for starters, tessaiga, inuyasha's sword is cool, and if compared to any of the swords in bleach, would pwn each and every one of them imho, save for the fact that it's only "a sword of the living world". It's pretty cool because of all the upgrades it's been getting as of late...

the series started going stale around the time the events brought about by the concusion of the goshinki were over, as portrayed the once powerful "kize-no-kizu" as a staple-easily deflcected attack, and began the trend of aquiring new uber powers, only to have them reduced in effectiveness, thus bringing on the search for a new uber power. boy this sounds familiar... but where...? ;)

actually there are a few parallels between inuyasha and bleach, most specifically a certain "sword of the other world" which cuts those from the non-living realm, and it curiously has a technique discovered later to ba named meidou-zangetsu-ha. but wait, it doesn't end there, said technique opens up a fissure to a void which reminds me of hueco mundo. yeah, I know. who gets to sue who here?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

At least there does seem to be an end in sight. I was wondering if she was planning to draw/write it until she died.

I don't really mind "episodic" manga though. I like following a group's adventures as long as there's interesting challenges ahead. My main problem with Inu Yasha is actually the art rather than the story. I like Rumiko's style fine, but she doesn't really have a flair for the dramatic at all. I'm more into dynamic art. Or at least, more detailed art or realism, either one or the other.

Which is one reason I actually enjoy watching the Inu Yasha anime more than the manga, because color adds so much to her style of art.

Still, I'll read the manga before watching the anime because I don't want to miss anything, just in case they left something out.

Isuki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I loved this series so much for a very long time. It was the first "fandom" I was ever really a part of, reading/writing fics and chatting with other Inuyasha lovers. It's how I met Tamerlane. :hug But after a while it slowed down and I felt like the same things kept happening, so I lost track of it. ^^;;

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Naraku is just a bastard. Whenever InuYasha and co. ALMOST get him... he finds some way to get away and we can expect a whole truckload of more volumes before the next Naraku showdown. There's never the satisfaction of seeing the bad guy get owned, and I lost interest way back.

Let's hope Orochimaru doesn't fall under the same category. They need to beat him, sooner, not later. Preferably within the next three volumes.

Tamerlane

=D
Reaction score
Country
United States

Isuki said:
It's how I met Tamerlane. :hugB ut after a while it slowed down and I felt like the same things kept happening, so I lost track of it. ^^;;
Inuyasha will always have good memories for me too because of the people that I met thru it. :hug

freespace2dotcom said:
Ah, well, I guess I could consider myself an inuyasha fan, but I definately agree that it needs to end. accorrding to a message from the author, it should continue at least another 50 or so chapters, and that's practically a whole 'nother year!
Thank god! I was starting to think that it would never end. All I want to see is what happens with Kagome and Inu. I am just hoping that neither one is killed off. o_o