Shounen Inuyasha by Takahashi Rumiko

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

wow, only one more chapter left! :o

it feels so abrupt somehow, yet we've all seen it coming for a long time. it's sad, but it's time. here's to hoping RT will give us a satisfying epilogue. don't let me down! :shakefist

as far as finishing the anime up, it would be nice, but don't count on it...
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

i really can't believe i will end..but i do hope so...there was nothing to continue writing about ....
 

BigBadDogg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
138
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

Yeah and it was going back and forth.
Finally Naraku & the Shikon no Tama will be destroyed!!

I wonder where Kagome will end up now that the well is destroyed.
 

finalnight

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

Its over, its finally over! However, if the spoilers are to be believed it ended kind of blandly.


Update:

Read the ending, it ended as well as could be hoped and the size was impressive (39 pages!).

THought
I would have preferred Inuyasha to come to the future, as Kagome in the past creates weird temporal paradoxes.
 
Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

awww. it's over :scry

nah, it's ok. the final chapter was a very nice and sweet epilogue ^^

i wasn't surprised that sango was already popping out kids, but i was a bit surprised and disappointed that we never got to see an official inuyasha x kagome kiss. oh well, the part where kagome yelled "onii-san!!" to sesshoumaru (resulting in some glares from both brothers) almost made up for that. so priceless! :rofl :rofl :rofl
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

GAH. I just read it. I can't believe it's over, after reading/watching it for so long ;_;

I agree, the ending was a bit bland and I was surprised we didn't get a kiss D: But it's good to see Sesshoumaru is still keeping an eye on Rin. I just wish there'd have been more to the ending :/
 

Kaemon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
4
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

I liked the ending.
And it even had a little bit of Rin in it (Obviously the best character in Inuyasha >_>).

I do wonder what she will do next....

I want more Ranma :< But that will never happen.

So I just must wait for her next work, and hope its amazing.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

12 years and 558 chapters and it finally ends. This is by far the longest manga I have ever read (at least until One Piece gets past this point). Overall, I thought the ending was actually pretty good, somewhat predictable, but still good, especially considering what I've heard of how her other series ended. At least the ending was fairly conclusive.

I was a little surprised, it's been three years and Miroku's only gotten Sango pregnant twice (it was stated the two kids were twins, right?). By my calculations, she should be on pregnancy number 4 now the way Miroku is ;).

In regards to Inuyasha and Kagome, I thought they were going to kiss when she came out of the well (they were in the perfect position ;)). Them not kissing doesn't really bother me though.

By far, though, the best part was definitely Sesshoumaru's reaction to Kagome calling him brother!

On a side note, does anyone know what is Rumiko-sensei's next work will be or when it will be out? She must be quite old after 3, is it, fairly long series. I would have thought she might want to retire.
 

Sorata

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
12
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

Good ending, very conclusive.

Kagome calling Sesshoumaru oni-san and resulting on him glaring her was great, it made the chapter great instead of just good.
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

I do wonder what she will do next.....

So I just must wait for her next work, and hope its amazing.
Dunno...a ******? She draws breasts pretty nicely :D
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

Takahashi-sensei doesn't need ****** as an excuse to draw boobs, Ranma girl-type was flashing people all over the place.:XD and yeah, I believe she's STILL the richest manga-ka in Japan (maybe one of the JUMP guys has surpassed her by now? no?) and can retire if she so wishes.

and wow, I can't believe Inuyasha's finally over. Now I can finally go read the rest of it!:dance (I was always afraid that either me or Takahashi-sensei would die before it was finished:sweatdrop)
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

I just read the last chapter... :crying ...and... :scry ... It was really nice. I am having a bit of a hard time with the realization that Inuyasha is finally over. It was one of those series that I always thought should end but secretly wanted to go on forever. I am really going to miss this series.

I liked how Takahashi wrapped everything up for all of the characters (except Hojo, but I can live without knowing his future :amuse), and even on the last page, she showed the main characters of the manga all together. It was nice seeing Kikyou, Kagura, and Kan'na make one more appearance even if it was just there at the end spread.

I will always love this series and shall cherish my memories of it forever. Thank you, Takashi-sensei, for this wonderful treasure. :clap:lovebunny:bye
 

natli

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
847
Reaction score
290
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

I hoped that Inuyasha will have to live in the future, but I'm glad the series finally ended.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

Hello everyone, I just stopped in to ask a question for all of you.

So I have not read Inuyasha manga at all, but instead watched all the anime. I only recently learned that the manga was still ongoing, and had much more left to offer than where the anime left off.

My question is, should I read ALL of the manga, or can I pick up the manga where the anime left off? If I choose the latter, just how much of the story would I be missing?

p.s. I avoided spoilers like a hawk
 

kaloo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

It's not ongoing anymore. It ended back in june. But still you missed quite a bit. You'll probably be fine reading from where the anime left off(though I don't know when that was.)The Series is long as hell so reading it all would be quite a bit.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Inuyasha General Discussion

It's not ongoing anymore. It ended back in june. But still you missed quite a bit. You'll probably be fine reading from where the anime left off(though I don't know when that was.)The Series is long as hell so reading it all would be quite a bit.
Yeah I understand it ended recently. Yes reading it all would be overwhelming. I think the anime ended in the mid 300's. So I guess I would have to read about 200 chapters or so.
 

Hemostrat

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
16
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Inuyasha?

Not sure if this is the right place but I think Inuyasha has a more mature theme then Naruto, Bleach and co...
Anyway, I need to download volume 53-56. Does anyone know of a site to get the last three I need?

[nami] Moved here [/nami]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LoktarOgar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
269
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Inuyasha?

It's not, it doesn't, and lurk.
 

Emmanra

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
26
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Inuyasha?

Not sure if this is the right place but I think Inuyasha has a more mature theme then Naruto, Bleach and co...
Anyway, I need to download volume 53-56. Does anyone know of a site to get the last three I need?
Um..No it doesnt. but whatever. I wasnt really satisfied with the ending of Inuyasha. I wish they would have had more Lord Sesshomaru. or Sesshomaru spin of manga.
 
Top