Discussion - Irene Belserion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Irene Belserion Thread

Which Irene's spell/move do you think the coolest?

• Total voters

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Let's play a guessing game, minna-san!

Irene Belserion has seized our attention. Her silhouette and mysterious identity are finally unlocked, but she keeps remaining mystery til now. Many of us start wondering, who is this Spriggan?

Irene is well-known as "Scarlet Scourge" in her kingdom. While August is called "Calamity", Irene is called "Despair". She is known as the strongest female Spriggan, and legend says only her, the only one who is able to rival August. In the recent chapters, Irene challenged Acnologia and made Zeref worry about what she is planning to do.

I tried to memorize and collect what you guys said in some threads, and compiled it into the following table

ThoughtsStrong PointsWeaknesses
Irene being Erza's mother
  • She can enchant her own look or has some kind of anti-aging magic

• She looks too young for mom category.
  • Layla, Ul, and Grammi were still in 'young' age when their debut (their daughter was still very small).
Irene being Erza's twin
  • Erza's bangs cover her right eye, while Irene's bangs part on her right eye area.
  • Irene kept talking about Black/White Angel tale.
  • Irene has two minions.
  • Irene has been aging for 7 years, while Erza didn't.
  • Erza's past remains mystery until now.
  • Erza and Irene do look alike.

• The difference is too far; Irene is way stronger than Erza.
Irene being Erza's future-self
  • Erza's wound on left belly area is similar to Irene's scar.
  • The one who made the wound is basically Neinhart thru Kyouka (Neinhart probably realised that he is facing Past Irene)

• Neinhart was too dumb. He continued to attack Erza though he (probably) realised the girl he is facing is Past Irene.
  • Still unknown why Erza changed her name to "Irene Belserion".
  • "Time traveler" thing is old story.
Irene being Erza's daughter
  • Universe One is a "new era" magic.

• Begging the question, whom does Erza marry? Jellal?
Not related to Erza at all
  • Neinhart mentioned nothing about the relationship between Irene and Erza (perhaps just a coincidence they look alike).
  • Ajeel and Brandish didn't realise though they had met with Erza.
?

(If you have a thought, you are free to elaborate it in this thread)

I also made a poll just to know how many people support a certain thought.

Quick! Before her real identity is revealed!

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I believe Irene is Erza's mother.Or may even be her sister.I don't think she is Erza's future self because then Neinhart would have known from the very start that she is Irene's past self.So i don't think she is like Yuno.Though if she is Erza's future self i will love it.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I will laugh so hard if irene is erza and jellal's daughter from the future..irene is too strong as expected from erza's daughter

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe Irene is Erza's mother. Here's why .
1.Scarlett Hair
2.Immense Power
3.She used to live in Ishgar(that gave it away)
4.Comparison of Magic(I believe Irene uses more Magic that Universe One)

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Somehow, I believe she's her daughter. Due to the Universe One being a "new age magic" and all. But who knows...

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Tbh I pretty much like the idea that Irene is Erza's daughter. Since it's said that her magic is from a new age, it mus be a magic from the future (a magic that doesn't exist yet). In other words, it could be that Irene came from the future. Since she is somehow related to Erza, I think she is Erza's daughter.

As for now, I'm just really curious about her magic D:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
But if irene is erza's daughter why she's with zeref ? I mean that doesn't make a lot of sense..

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
gonna stick to my prediction and think it's her twin, but with a twist... think it will be something like Kami/Piccolo where their lives are linked together... being her twin could be plausible cause of the 7 years Erza was froze in time so it's not impossible Irene is 27. So if Irene dies, Erza dies and vice-versa. Not like Natsu-Zeref where only if Zeref dies Natsu dies

I watch this youtuber called Double4anime who actually made a good point she could be her future self, and now that we know her Universe One is from the future or a "new era" can't lie I'm considering this possibility alot, Hiro loves messing with timelines and Irene could of used the Eclipse that the Royal Fam used to try to kill the dragons before all that shit was just a fluke and lie from F. Rogue. That scar could deff be from Kyoka too

Last edited:

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
The weakness under Erza's twin should be removed,because Erza taught herself magic,while Irene was taught by Zeref.
Irene also had 7 years to train under one of the strongest mages in history of FT,while Erza skipped them.

I'm hoping for her to be Erza's sister or twin,the parent(mother/father) stories are getting old.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I wish Eileen/Irene/nevermind is Erza from the future - I would love to see, what happened, that FT's #1 Nakama Fighter became such a cold-blooded bitch. Erza went through many unpleasant struggles yet she seems to be completely unmoved and still profess Fairy Tail philosophy. Besides, just think about their showdown - Future Erza will wreck Present Erza to show, how powerful she became without any friends, then Present Erza will stand up (even if her legs were cutted away :XD) and with Nakama Speech on her mouth she will deliver one final blow to (F)uture (E)rza. Lying on the ground, unable to move a finger FE will tell her sad backstory, then PE will comfort her and FE will return from the Dark Side. Very "Erza style", if you ask me (sorry, I know it sound ironic, but I don't like this parts of Erza's fight).

Theory of Future Erza alias Eileen has one little disadvantage - we already had time traveler motive and not even once. More precisely, seven dragons, and six humans (Rogue twice, but I count him as one). I think it's enough of time travels, but Hiro decides ;)

DarkSoulz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see the "Irene being Erza's twin" option in the chart and poll above but I don't see a "Irene being Erza's sister" option, of course a non twin sister. Like the OP said she is too young to be Erza's mother and I doubt any time travel is involved yet so she can't be Erza's future self, mother, daughter etc. That only leaves one possible option she is Erza's sister.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Verter

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
It's not uncommon in anime/manga for a mother to look as young as her children.
Well, I even don't think she looks young as Erza =)

I think she looks like on her 30+

Sora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Erza's mother.

She seems so much mature.

Meira

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
For now I'll go with mother. She looks young yes, but not as young as some make her out to be imo.
Considering this is a manga, she's a powerful wizard & Mashima's style I really wouldn't be surprised about whatever her age is.
& That scar on her stomach could be from C-section.

I'm open for the other options though. Some of them sound quite interesting.

melodylaurel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I wouldn't rule out the mother theory so quickly. Anime characters don't age like normal people do, and Mashima tends to draw physically attractive characters (particularly women), unless they're 80 years old.

Also worth noting is the fact that 29-year-old Layla looks exactly like 17-year-old Lucy, so it wouldn't be very far-fetched to believe Eileen is in her 40s or 50s.

5 seconds worth of google search tells me that is not how a C-section scar looks, but that doesn't disprove the mother theory entirely.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am putting that she is her mother.And max to max her sister.Nothing more than that.

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the idea of Eileen being Jellal and Erza's daughter, two S-class mages should have a SS-class child.
Zeref has gather 12 mages from all over the world, some from distant lands, one who can control a god, and one he artificially made, it wouldn't be far-fetch to believe that Zeref could pull someone from the future.