Round of 16 - Irene vs Gajeel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs Gajeel

Who advances?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Irene Belserion
-

Gajeel Redfox

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Best of 16 stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion ends: May 29th, 2017
Voting ends: May 30th, 2017

Irene cannot enchant her opponents' body in any way; ie no animal transmutations.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Don't know really.Irene has been shown very weak to DS Magic.Her Dragon form was reversed by a weak i.e. exhausted Wendy's Magic+Erza's one sword slash.So going with Gajeel.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Irene should take it. Even though Gajeel is a dragon slayer, he's not strong enough.
Even if Gajeel can theoretically enter DF without a source(which I doubt), he won't be able to beat her.
So Gajeel vs Irene - Irene low difficulty.
Gajeel DF vs Irene - Irene mid/high difficulty because of Dragon Slaying.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Her Dragon form was reversed by a weak i.e. exhausted Wendy's Magic+Erza's one sword slash.
But wasn't that because Irene was exhausted by that point in the fight? Deus Sema was her last stand, I think after that she didn't have any magic, that's why she resorted to taking Erza's sword and wanting to kill her with it.
Such a factor won't be a problem if she starts this fight in full health, plus Dragon Slaying doesn't affect her human form as much as her dragon form.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
But wasn't that because Irene was exhausted by that point in the fight? Deus Sema was her last stand, I think after that she didn't have any magic, that's why she resorted to taking Erza's sword and wanting to kill her with it.
Such a factor won't be a problem if she starts this fight in full health, plus Dragon Slaying doesn't affect her human form as much as her dragon form.
I agree that she became exhausted.But being exhausted doesn't mean your defence will fall.It depletes your magic power no doubt but not the defence provided by actual scales of a Dragon.

Add
Her human form is not that weak to DS Magic true, but Wendy was still able to injure Irene using Sky Dragon's attack.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene takes this. Gajeel won't be enough to trigger her dragon form. She's a powerful human mage. Her enchantments will be enough.
B I A S :derp. I'd give Irene low-mid without dragon form. We have to be fair cause Irene is a dragon and susceptible and weak to DSM magic. Irene will rock him, but she's get weakened a cool bit from his iron

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gajeel is quite underrated around here.

He'll go DF and give Irene a fairly decent fight. In this form he's better than God Serena. But Irene won't be hindered here, no Wendy or emotional BS, so she'll have enough power to stop him. I'll say medium to high difficulty.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I agree that she became exhausted.But being exhausted doesn't mean your defence will fall.It depletes your magic power no doubt but not the defence provided by actual scales of a Dragon.

Add
Her human form is not that weak to DS Magic true, but Wendy was still able to injure Irene using Sky Dragon's attack.
Really? Take something like what happened in Tartaros with Mard Geer, he used Memento Mori, his strongest attack, then afterwards when Gray hit him with a Devil Slaying Attack, he reverted back to human form. Mard had been fighting the whole arc, from the Celestial Spirit King to the Twin Dragons, to Natsu then to team ups of Natsu, Gray and the Twin Dragons.
Now apply the same to Irene.
I agree that Gajeel can damage her with Dragon Slaying Magic in her human form, but she also has the ability to dodge, right? Like what she did to Acnologia's attack.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Going Gajeel, he eats an enchantment blast and becomes the Sage Iron Dragon Slayer.

Going with Irene, towards the lower end of mid diff. Gajeel's good but I don't see him forcing her into her dragon form, so he isn't beating her.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gajeel didn't use his DF yet i'm sure his DF should make him able to hurt Irene's dragon form but currently he didn't show any feat of using it so i'm going with Irene

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dragon Irene > stomp
Human Irene > low diff
Human Irene vs. DF Gajeel > mid diff

I feel like that's how it would play out. DF Gajeel beat Third Seal Bloodman who can't be touched regularly by people, dude's durability is above average compared to say Neinhart or Jacob since he was able to become a portal still.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
B I A S :derp. I'd give Irene low-mid without dragon form. We have to be fair cause Irene is a dragon and susceptible and weak to DSM magic. Irene will rock him, but she's get weakened a cool bit from his iron
Fight me!! :p I mean I don't deny Gajeel can throw a few things her way but Irene is out of his league. I'll give it to her low diff. Not even mid.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Really? Take something like what happened in Tartaros with Mard Geer, he used Memento Mori, his strongest attack, then afterwards when Gray hit him with a Devil Slaying Attack, he reverted back to human form. Mard had been fighting the whole arc, from the Celestial Spirit King to the Twin Dragons, to Natsu then to team ups of Natsu, Gray and the Twin Dragons.
Now apply the same to Irene.
I agree that Gajeel can damage her with Dragon Slaying Magic in her human form, but she also has the ability to dodge, right? Like what she did to Acnologia's attack.
You skipped DF Natsu fighting Etherious Mard Geer before that.And also Gray who became exhausted after being hit by MM and fighting Silver.

But anyway Irene is a real Dragon who have Dragon scales which is resistant to all kinds of normal magics apart from DS Magic.And i hope you won't say Irene's scales don't depend upon her magic power.

Still i don't have any problem with Irene winning.As it is Gajeel has fallen weak in the DS race.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Human Eileen loses to Gajeel high diff, he massacred Bloodman without using a single spell, should be enough to take human Eileen down.

Dragon Eileen wins low diff against Gajeel. PiS is the only reason Erza was even able to hit Eileen's dragon form, if Eileen really wanted she could just fly up into the sky and nuke Erza from above. Erza doesnt have any decent ranged moves so she wouldnt be able to do anything.
Gajeel also doesnt have any ranged moves other than his Roar which probably isnt hitting a flying dragon, so he doesnt have much of a chance.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Irene takes this.

@DiMaria Yesta Just want to point out that the option to change votes is not there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Irene turns into a dragon and literally stomps him. I can't tell which is a bigger squash match, this or August vs Erza.
Definitely August vs Erza :p

Status
Not open for further replies.