Is Ace really Luffy's brother? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Is Ace really Luffy's brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i like mugen theories that luffy took dragons name and ace there moms name same parents just different last names and they are blodd related

NinjAngel

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm...I wonder why they would have done that, though. Or, if there was a reason for that, like, some kind of custom in their family. *is probably thinking too hard on this one*

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i know it was just an idea idkif it would work out like that

sushi

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
yeah if ace isn't luffy's brother why he want to go all out because of luffy??

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
man i just hate the fact that Eiichiro had to make Ace a subordinate :noworry
I mean Ace is just too cool to be a subordinate and worse he's not even in Shanks crew...
he's in Whitebeards a once great pirate..
and still not a cool one :scry
and worse he tried to invite his bro to that crew..
anyways
Ace's name can not just go without meaning ..
i mean it is another mystery..
but I think that Oda just did it cuz Monkey D. Ace sounds lame :nana

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah but every one calls him firefirst ace so his real name means nothin and i like the fact that he is helping WB to become pirate king it is a different dream from luffys but i really wanted ace to help luffy become pirate king and he would join the crew luffy asks him too to
and WB is a great pirate and he is just as strong if not stronger then shanks but shanks is still better to me

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
spiderweb said:
I think Ace is not Luffy's brother ....

Furtheron I am sure that Ace is the son of Shanks. Shanks interest in a crewmember of WB is too serious. Oda likes to draw related people in similar way. Look at the apperance from Ace and Shanks. They look identical !!!

I think the real name of Shanks is Portgas D. Shanks and he is one of the mysterious people connected with the D's at all. My opinion for the D is (i told it elsewhere) that D is the abbreviation of the lost island and the will of D is not the will of Gol D. Rogers but the will of the lost island 800 years before.

I think Ace and Luffy which haven't seen their fathers (Dragon, Shanks) have grown up together and feel like brothers but they shouldn't be real brothers.

The relationship between them is more fate and the D. They are from the spreaded inhabitents from the lost island ;)
i like it
shanks haveing a strong son and he could have left ace at fussa (what ever teh name of the island was) with luffy adn they grew up together and they could be related throught the will of D.
but why if ace was teh son of a pirate would garp have given him to a friend to train to become a marine

Innerhell

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The reason why Ace changed his last name is the same reason why Marshall D. Teach calls himself "Blackbeard" and Edward Newgate calls himself "Whitebeard". Pirates deserve cool aliases for two reasons: for the sake of coolness and for the sake of keeping their old lives tucked away into obscurity and oblivion.

The reason why Ace and Luffy are related are more than obvious. Appearance, personality, narcolepsy (sleeping disorder), appetite, being laidback. All of these features are seen in Luffy, Ace and Garp.

Come to think of it, it would be amusing if Dragon also suffers from a voracious appetite and a sleeping disorder, but being the big bad mysterious antihero that he is, he's probably taking some medication for his narcolepsy. Can't cause revolution and chaos while sleeping on the job now. My guess that a family reunion between Luffy and Dragon would involve a massive feast and random narcoleptic knock outs.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah it would be funny if Oda ment to draw dragon holding back smokers sword in the lougetown arc while dragon was sleeping

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
ill admit it would be kool

Dark^_^Chi

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think that Ruff and Ace are only adopted brothers, Because they don't have the same surname, only had the same D.
I don't kwon why he and Ruff did trainer together, but for me they don't blood related brother...
Bjux!!

triniman121

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm still with my opinion that aace chaned him name on purpose since only few know that some of the most infamous people on all of OP belongs to one family:D

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I guess we will know this when the family reunite.

Perhaps Ace change his name (to WB's name) to show his loyalty?

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
triniman121 said:
i'm still with my opinion that aace chaned him name on purpose since only few know that some of the most infamous people on all of OP belongs to one family:D
why would he change his name?
and if he did why did Luffy not notice when they reunited?
think about it....

NinjAngel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm all for the "taking his mother's name" idea, just because I want them to be related.

Actually, my sister and I were talking the other day, and we thought Ace looked more like Dragon than Luffy did. And, seeing as Luffy kind of looks like Shanks, and common sense (to an extent) makes it so that Luffy must look like his mom if not his dad, then Shanks could be related on the mom's side. Whether or not he knows it is up to Oda. XD Yay crack theory!

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
yeah I believe that as well
but then again that would make me wonder why is it....
that both of their parents left them?

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
well dragon had to take over eh world and his mom could have left with him, died, done her own thing, or stayed in there lives and we just dont know it yet

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
U mean shanks n drragon married the same lady.......give birth to ace n luffy???

Same mother and diff father??

Ace to shank
&
Luffy to dragon?

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
spiderweb said:
I don't know if anyone has looked at the picture in my last comment perhaps I made an error as a newbie but there must be at least a link.

For me it is clear that Ace is not the brother of Luffy and I am sure that Ace is the son of Shanks. After the explainations of Luffy's grandfather and his feelings for Shanks (He seems to hate him !). Shanks can also be son in law of Garp and so Luffy and Ace have the same grandfather.

It would make sense because this would explain how Ace has become a crewmember of Whitebeard who has been in the new world while Ace began his life as a pirate. Think of it, Shanks has started his life on a pirate ship and learned from the pirate king to be a pirate so whom who would he let teach his own kid ? Surely Whitebeard because Shanks respects him.

For me it's clear Ace isn't Luffy's real brother, they are related, Shanks is Ace's father. Ace could be related with Luffy and it would make sense if Ace is the son of the daughter of Garp.

At least we will see it ;)
well I kinda agree but really i don't cuz ...
Wouldn't Ace be better off with Shanks, not a man who's time is almost up?
and if Shanks was his father why did Shanks not stop Ace himself?
instead of going to WhiteBeard?

my perfect palindrome 1441 is ruined because of this post :scry

Naota

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Mugen said:
I want the official word but now i want to know how come Whitebeard got to Ace before Shanks
he would've been in a much cooler crew
I don't even think Shanks was on the island when Ace was still living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.