Question - Is Hiro Mashima aware of the hate he and Fairy Tail gets in the west? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Is Hiro Mashima aware of the hate he and Fairy Tail gets in the west?

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Facts FT sales were going down cuz FT was getting worse each arc. ppl in Japan saw the same problem.the ppl from the West weren’t the only ppl seeing this shit as for BC I watched the first few episodes didn’t like it

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hating on FT was a trend in the anime community and no one can deny that.. I even saw people hating on it without even reading no doubt that many Youtubers were hating on FT to get lots of views to grow their channel. I mean it's not worth to make all these videos to hate on it.

Fairy tail deserve all this hate?
No

Fairy tail deserve to be criticized?
Yes

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hmm I think this thread is deviating a little too much from the topic. Rather than focusing on whether FT should be disliked, the thread is asking whether Mashima is aware.

I'm not hooked into twitter or other media that'd help me answer that. There was a volume afterword(?) where he was talking about the 'recent made-ups' in the Alvarez Arc. The way he worded it by adding in some expression, like a sweat-drop or similar, made me think he's aware of some of the backlash regarding plotholes/contrivances used in his work.

On top of that, in my opinion artists' like Hiro who are wired into twitter and the like, would know their fans. I worry about famous people sometimes who get hated on, so I hope he's alright. Well, it's part of the parcel I suppose.

So to answer the thread title, I'd say yes.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Though
Hmm I think this thread is deviating a little too much from the topic. Rather than focusing on whether FT should be disliked, the thread is asking whether Mashima is aware.

I'm not hooked into twitter or other media that'd help me answer that. There was a volume afterword(?) where he was talking about the 'recent made-ups' in the Alvarez Arc. The way he worded it by adding in some expression, like a sweat-drop or similar, made me think he's aware of some of the backlash regarding plotholes/contrivances used in his work.

On top of that, in my opinion artists' like Hiro who are wired into twitter and the like, would know their fans. I worry about famous people sometimes who get hated on, so I hope he's alright. Well, it's part of the parcel I suppose.

So to answer the thread title, I'd say yes.
I heard Mashima can't understand English though. Will he be able to understand the minority hate from the West? Feel like kinda stupid since if you want him understand you, shouldn't we learn Japanese to tell him from our side on what's up in the West?

MrMojo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mashima is aware of the fanbase outside of Japan.
Whether or not he cares much of the hatred he supposedly gets is another matter.
His main fanbase is in Japan considering he's writing for them. If any of his works get translated for overseas, it's a bonus for him.
Mashima has been on conventions in the past and many of them did have Non-Japanese attendees so he's not unaware that his works are known internationally.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mashima is aware of the fanbase outside of Japan.
Whether or not he cares much of the hatred he supposedly gets is another matter.
His main fanbase is in Japan considering he's writing for them. If any of his works get translated for overseas, it's a bonus for him.
Mashima has been on conventions in the past and many of them did have Non-Japanese attendees so he's not unaware that his works are known internationally.
I see and also plus at those conventions no one really complain about his work at all from what I seen.

Though you would look like a huge ass by doing the stuff you do on the internet to criticize someone's work when at conventions people are trying to have a good time and he came all the way to greet his loyal fans. Plus the majority still bigger than the minority to hate so other fans would defend and act against you if you try and could be sickout from the convention. Doubt anyone will try anything if that's the case.

aymen24

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I loved Fairy Tail story but the big disappointment was the battles
Hiro Mashima has great ideas and a good story, especially with regard to dragons
But it is bad in interpretations and battles
Simple explanations as there are things he did not explain
His battles contain friendship, feelings, and fan service
And illogical
We did not see from Zeref and acno anything
No techniques and nothing
Destruction of buildings and stones only
I can't even believe it is called a final battle in the original series

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country