Discussion - Is there any hope left for Diane? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Is there any hope left for Diane?

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Soooo since Mother catastrophy Diane has been put on the backburner by Nakaba, she had a power up but it still failed to match the power of the other Sins bar Ban.

Meliodas had many awesome moments in the manga and many fights.

Escanor is sunshine itself

Merlin defeated Grayroad, the masters etc

Gowther had his gaiden and fight with Mael

Recently King got His badass new form and fodderized berzerk 4C Mael

Ban is the most broken char ever and is whooping the DK's ass and brought him to his knees

Diane used her sacred treasure and...thats it? Right now she is not doing anything agzinst sinner DK and Zeldris...She is just...standing there
Why must she be reduced to King love interest and nothing else? Where are her badass moments? Is there any hope left?

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me, nope. There is none. There are hardly any enemies left where Diane can actually shine.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
So much wasted potential...maybe she can solo the Sinner?

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is assuming he’s STILL alive. And if he is, I don’t think it’ll mean much if Diane solos him. That guy is fucking fodder anyway. He was already in the process of dying and He got his ass kicked by King, Mael, and Ludociel.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Soooo since Mother catastrophy Diane has been put on the backburner by Nakaba, she had a power up but it still failed to match the power of the other Sins bar Ban.

Meliodas had many awesome moments in the manga and many fights.

Escanor is sunshine itself

Merlin defeated Grayroad, the masters etc

Gowther had his gaiden and fight with Mael

Recently King got His badass new form and fodderized berzerk 4C Mael

Ban is the most broken char ever and is whooping the DK's ass and brought him to his knees

Diane used her sacred treasure and...thats it? Right now she is not doing anything agzinst sinner DK and Zeldris...She is just...standing there
Why must she be reduced to King love interest and nothing else? Where are her badass moments? Is there any hope left?
The story is at an end another powering up for diane it would make no sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pretty much everyone can solo the sinner even merlin would have if she had used this technique she used to prevent meliodas imagine if she had used that on the sinner the dude would had been time-frozen for eternity.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
The story is at an end another powering up for diane it would make no sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pretty much everyone can solo the sinner even merlin would have if she had used this technique she used to prevent meliodas imagine if she had used that on the sinner the dude would had been time-frozen for eternity.
Sinner is above diane common, the dude is litteraly the fusion of two 170k+guys

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Sinner is above diane common, the dude is litteraly the fusion of two 170k+guys

Yeah but the sinner is a joke diane is probably a lot more powerful she has this dance i guess if she dances for a long time she can be stronger thanking at least she is actually the most balanced amongst everyone else because the powering up doesn't seem to be added as a permanent boost but only as a temporary which is good.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah but the sinner is a joke diane is probably a lot more powerful she has this dance i guess if she dances for a long time she can be stronger thanking at least she is actually the most balanced amongst everyone else because the powering up doesn't seem to be added as a permanent boost but only as a temporary which is good.
Chandler alone fodderized Drole who danced... Diane is arguably at drole's level

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
This is the problem with Nakaba, he handled many of the enemies such as the ''Ten Commandments'' and ''Masters'' in such a way that they became fodder or people whom weren't such a big feat to defeat anymore... thus even if Diane receives her power-up the only person she can use it against is the Demon King... so Diane will basically need to be Ban Tier to be anything impressive.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think nakaba has already scrapped what he wanted to do with diane. Diane is supposed to be queen of the giants or some shit but we have never even seen her approach other giants besides matrona. Demons seem to be on their way out as enemies so I guess the big question will be whether nakaba plans on making the supreme deity into enemies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Diane's progression has been scattershot and terrible, but I expect her to get something before the end.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The main problem with diane's "progression" is that within the story she has never really needed any. Most of her development revolves around king and gowther fucking up her memories. And then her struggles in recovering those memories to return to who she was to begin with. In that sense diane comes of as a character who has not really needed character growth during the story, she has just needed to overcome the abuse her boyfriend and adopted man doll have subjected her to.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Diane's progression has been scattershot and terrible, but I expect her to get something before the end.
She will definetely has something that she never used before like didn't she used her sacred treasure in a way no one expected to?

To redirect the attack to earth? guys that's pretty freaking op right here.

WWWWWWWOWWWWWWW

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I reckon that the progression of Diane's character was fine until they expressed their feelings to each other that's when there was little to none of lovers gestures. Just my POV though.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
She will definetely has something that she never used before like didn't she used her sacred treasure in a way no one expected to?

To redirect the attack to earth? guys that's pretty freaking op right here.

She needs something more significant than that. Her and King's recent databook mentioned that her top power is currently just 50,000k. That's not nearly enough for this current fight.

I reckon that the progression of Diane's character was fine until they expressed their feelings to each other that's when there was little to none of lovers gestures. Just my POV though.
That part was expected though. What Diane needed was to grow as an individual and have an actual arc like King. As it stands, she was basically a tool used for two other characters' progress, especially Gowther's. Hell, she didn't even get to gain her memories back on her own, a third party had to come in and help with that. She's a character with practically no agency of her own.

In that regard, she has no hope at all. But there is still an inking of hope for a cool power up.

WWWWWWWOWWWWWWW

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
She needs something more significant than that. Her and King's recent databook mentioned that her top power is currently just 50,000k. That's not nearly enough for this current fight.

That part was expected though. What Diane needed was to grow as an individual and have an actual arc like King. As it stands, she was basically a tool used for two other characters' progress, especially Gowther's. Hell, she didn't even get to gain her memories back on her own, a third party had to come in and help with that. She's a character with practically no agency of her own.

In that regard, she has no hope at all. But there is still an inking of hope for a cool power up.
Well said, Diane was a character built from the bottom up by others so in that regard I can't say much. In terms of Character Arc we could have gotten some more backstory to how Diane's life was in Megadoza before she decided to leave and live on her own. we might even see her leading the Giant Clan like how Dolor wanted her to.

Or we could just get more King and Diane content and I would be fine with that. :cheez